New mod/tank questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizmo

Jan 15, 2017
Hi all! I just signed up to the forum. Hoping to find some answers to questions about vaping and make some new friends :)

I had been using a blu ecig and I really didn't like it. It chapped my lips severely and was super expensive. I then purchased a kanger cupti and have been moderately pleased with it. I'm using a .5 ohm SS atomizer, 50/50 3mg ejuice (fruit flavor) and do a combo of MTL and DL hits and I'm a pretty heavy vaper. I am not interested in building my own tanks, no time with the amount of time I spend at work (10-12 hours a day).

The most important aspects of vaping to me are flavor and NO LEAKING. Clouds aren't hugely important to me, I mean they are cool but not the first consideration.

I recently heard about ceramic coils and I'm super interested in them. With my heavy vaping I tend to go through coils pretty quick especially since it seems like they make the juice start to taste fake-ish after a few days, like a hint of burnt taste, like gross cough syrup. I've tried multiple types of juice with the same effect. My cupti automatically sets the watts and ohms and my temp is at 205 Celsius.

I saw good reviews for the X Cube Ultra from Smok, the Aspire Triton V2 tank and the coils I found that fit it are Vaporesso ceramic cCells.

Can anyone provide an opinion on any of those or alternative options? I'd like to stay $100 or under for the mod and tank combined cost if possible.

I appreciate any help you can provide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Imo coil heads are all the same as far as your mist limiting factor is concerned. They all have poor life spans.. the fact is all those coil you though away are not worn out. Most are barely broke in.. the wick is what fails....

I suggest a rebuildable atty and finding 5 to 15 minutes every day or 2 for maintenance. Maybe an additional half hour once a month or so.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Tizmo

Jan 15, 2017
Thank you for your reply! So if they are not even broken in what is causing that wonky taste (I know you said it's the wick but why is it giving out so fast, I thought they would last at least a few weeks?)? When I first install the new atty and prime it, the first few days taste great but after day 5 it leaves a weird fake cough syrup taste in my mouth rather than the yummy fruit flavor it originally had. Weird.

Is there a certain brand you recommend for the rebuildable?

Again I appreciate your help and welcome suggestions and opinions!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Thank you for your reply! So if they are not even broken in what is causing that wonky taste (I know you said it's the wick but why is it giving out so fast, I thought they would last at least a few weeks?)? When I first install the new atty and prime it, the first few days taste great but after day 5 it leaves a weird fake cough syrup taste in my mouth rather than the yummy fruit flavor it originally had. Weird.

May be you are vaping so much because 3 mg nic is too low. 12-18 mg nic is better for a new vaper. I've been vaping 2 years, 10 mg nic, 5-7 ml of liquid per day at low power. High watts and low nic are good for vape shop sales but not necessarily for new vapers.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California

You are heating and cooling ejuice...... ejuice contains sugars and other such chemicals. One of the reactions to the Heat cycle is gunk for lack of better term. That gunk fouls and clogs the wick. It's that gunk/dirt that gives the foul flavors..... this gunk can be cleaned off the metal parts of the coil and some wicking materials. Other wick materials like cotton.. can't be cleaned so easy. When fouled it must be replaced..... while it is possible to replace the wick in ALL atties it is not always easy or practicle. Coilheads are disposable and easy to use. Gets dirty you toss it and put in a new one.. long life in these would be bad for business to the manufacturer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
whatever you do, don't buy the kanger .5 ceramics... i've tried a few of them and while the taste was good and i didn't have leaks, i was seriously worried about the juice getting boiled and my tank glass breaking... theirs get extremely hot.
Boiling the juice is a legit concern as is melting the cheapo rubber insulators.

The glass is borosilicate and won't break from the heat of a coil.
Borosilicate glass (think scientific labware) was developed to withstand thermal changes and not crack.

Reactions: Cheallaigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread