1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

New modder...what I've hacked/modded up so far...

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by smackley, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. smackley

smackley Full Member

Hey folks. I figured I'd share what I've been working on lately.

First up, GUN!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The battery is released from the magazine release, and the slide still slides. The trigger actuates the switch too. It's a fun mod, but certainly not something to carry outside of the home.

Second, Kraken!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Large pipe hack that fits a huge 18650 bat. LED switch, 3A inline fuse, and a 'just in case' gas vent since I used a brass bat tube in the pipe bowl for ground contact. It is far too large to be convenient, but great to keep by my desk.

Third/Fourth, two early pipe hacks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are just the first two pipe hacks I put together when I started vaping. They were great learning experiences, but still function just fine. They were originally some cheapy tobacco pipes I found on amazon

Finally, my first free hand pipemod
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I carved the bowl and shank from mora wood and used some basic concepts from other pipemods out there. Rare earth magnets hold the battery in place. I picked up a hot spring manual button from epipemods (Matt's stuff is top notch as I'm sure you all know). I wired in a 3A inline fuse that is snap in replaceable requiring no soldering just for good measure.

That's all for now. I'm just getting started here and have a lot of fun ideas for novelty pipes. I'll be sure to share. If you have questions, let me know! Thanks.

2. aziffel

aziffel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Cool stuff!
    Make sure you don't vape the wrong pistol

3. steliosak

steliosak Super Member ECF Veteran

Nice !

Love "The Kraken"

keep it up.

4. dano-bri

dano-bri Senior Member ECF Veteran

very nice mods
    i like the second pipe

5. slimest

slimest Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nice things. I like your selfmade pipe - it's absolutely yours, original :) Seems that you are not novice in DIY :thumb:

6. smackley

smackley Full Member

Thanks for the kind words folks. I have far too many of these things now. It's too fun of a hobby to put down, but my desk is getting a little crowded. I'll post some more pics tonight of my new creations.

7. slimest

If you don't have an awful mess on your table, you are not real modder!

Again: your selfmade wooden tube is really great!

8. smackley

smackley Full Member

***NEW PIPE***

I finished another pipe over the weekend that I really enjoy. It is an upright that stands on its own, bottom weighted. It has a wooden stem that will fit Ego type B or 801 cartos. Mechanical button again, but an inline 3A fuse (I'll post separately about these very soon..cool design that threads onto 510 fitting in-line).

Not just a show, so if you have questions...ask away. I apologize if I don't get back quickly, but I will try and be helpful asap. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. slimest

Familiar blue box on your table. I have a couple of the same boxes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.