New & nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Can you provide a link to the subvod you bought? Was wondering what type of tank comes with it.
Usually its the subtank mini (which I use all the time) and I am just curious.

To post a link go to ft and copy what is in the address bar where the www part is(while viewing the item you purchased). Then just come back here and paste it in a post.

:)
I thought I posted the link, but it came thru as just the name of the product, trying again: $15.74 Authentic KangerTech Subvod-C 1300mAh Starter Kit - 2.8ml / 0.4ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Can you provide a link to the subvod you bought? Was wondering what type of tank comes with it.
Usually its the subtank mini (which I use all the time) and I am just curious.

To post a link go to ft and copy what is in the address bar where the www part is(while viewing the item you purchased). Then just come back here and paste it in a post.

I *think* because I'm new on this forum it's not letting me post the link, I think I might of read that I have to start 5 threads before I can post links to curb spam.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Reactions: Opinionated

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
You won't get ripped off from fasttech, they are a reputable company so no worries there.

Most of those built in batteries like that don't last more than a year or two, depending upon your vaping habits, but it's way cheaper than smoking even if you replace the unit once a year, so it's all good. (My first device with a built in battery lasted me right at the one year mark before dying)

Your average e cigarette user vapes anywhere from 3 to 6 ml of e liquid a day - so you will figure in a 30 ml bottle a week to your cost (I know a place where you can get 120ml for 37.00 that is good so the cost is doable even on a budget)

You will be replacing your atomizer coils about once a week but coils are in the general range of 2.00 each so again, it's a doable cost even on a budget.

All in all, with everything considered, you will still spend only a fraction of what you were spending on combustible cigarettes. Your looking at your monthly expenditure being about the cost of 1 carton of cigarettes. (Or cheaper depending upon where you live)

It takes a couple weeks for orders to get to the states coming on the slow boat from China, so have some patience, it will get here. :)

I was able to quit smoking (I had a two pack a day habit) after a 32 year addiction through vaping. Quitting,even with vaping is a process but if your determined you WILL succeed!

My son wasn't even looking to quit smoking, but since i was so successful at quitting I decided to send him a few things to get him started, when we found what works best for him, he was able to quit and hasn't looked back.. so vaping can be a successful means to quit - even if your weren't looking to quit!

Don't worry, you will get there! If you have questions everyone here will be happy to help. Everyone is so informative and helpful you may end up finding this your new home!

Welcome to ECF.. your off to an awesome start!
Thank you! That is reassuring, about the prices and the quitting cigs. Congratulations, btw! I'm hoping if I can manage this to get my dad into it. He's 63, been smoking since he was 9 and even smoked while he had throats cancer. :( I would love for that not to happen to me, or reoccur for him.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
ohhh.... and BTW, when you start to get off the ciggies, there are possibilities that you will have some "side effects" from the cessation of smoking... the body will start purging the toxins in various ways... dont make the mistake of thinking that the vape is causing it... ;)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Ok. I think you need at least 15 post for the link to be active, but I got enough info to look. This unit looks good and is a bit thinner than the subtank mini. But you will like the kanger coils.

I'm thinking on replacement coils for her, she will probably like the NiCr 1.5 ohm to start out..

Does this kit give her two coils to start out with? One .5 ohm and one 1.5? I'm not seeing any mention of that...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thank you! That is reassuring, about the prices and the quitting cigs. Congratulations, btw! I'm hoping if I can manage this to get my dad into it. He's 63, been smoking since he was 9 and even smoked while he had throats cancer. :( I would love for that not to happen to me, or reoccur for him.

Thanks.. and as far as your dad goes, have patience with him. I vaped for three years before my husband decided he was willing to try it.. I was never pushy, but he was set in his ways and had a hard time taking up with it, so just do the occasional gentle encouragement with your dad.. :)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Welcome! Be sure to let us know when you get your unit and try it for the first time. We are all here for you and will do all we can to make this a successful transition for you. I never thought I would be able to stop smoking, and so grateful for vaping. You can do this! :)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm thinking on replacement coils for her, she will probably like the NiCr 1.5 ohm to start out..

Does this kit give her two coils to start out with? One .5 ohm and one 1.5? I'm not seeing any mention of that...
It does not appear to have the coils included. bummer.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It does not appear to have the coils included. bummer.

The picture shows a coil, but it's not listed in the description.. I'd say the description is what we ought to say is right more than likely.

So she may need to consider ordering a couple, just in case..

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Over 5 years cigarette free thanks to vaping. I was nervous as well...the sheer thought of being without my "ball and chain" would send me into panic mode.

I was addicted to the taste, the social aspect of hanging out with friends that smoked and at how I knew that it would help me relax if I was having a rough day. The thing is, in the back of my mind, I wanted to quit; I NEEDED to quit, and every cigarette was a slap in my face.

One day, when buying my usual pack of Parliament Lights (that I was able to transition to from Marlboro reds and ick menthol) my friend at the shop showed me a cigalike and how it was helping him to curb hos cravings. I didn't believe it, but figured I'd give it a shot. Much to my astonishment, after a couple bouts of hacking my lungs out, I realized it was working! I still craved the smoke, but it was genuinely curbing that craving!

I vaped and smoked for about 3 months, and one of the best feelings was realizing a pack was lasting longer and longer, just before I realized I didn't need those stinkies anymore, and I was finally able to break free from those chains that bound me...I hope your transition goes as smoothly :)

FYI: Fasttech's nickname is Slowtech for a reason lol. I've dealt with them before, and if something says authentic and not style/styled or clone, it's the real deal.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Ok. Yeah, I have a lgreat cal smoke shop that sells e juice. I did order the dekang tobacco flavor to try just because it was $5 + free shipping. I think I'll get it locally just cuz I don't want to pay shipping. If I'm successful at vaping I hope to get into making my own e-juice.
Yeah, I don't think you will find yourself liking tobacco flavored juice. Myself and many others, have found that we end up preferring flavors that are not tobacco based (I'm more into fruit flavored juices). I have all the supplies needed to DIY, but I still find myself buying juice since it is just so convenient. There are a ton of really cheap juice places online. Two of my favorites are Beyond the Bottlez (they regularly offer coupon codes where you can get 120 ml bottles of juice for $5, and if you order 4 or 5 bottles of juice, you get free shipping) and Tomorrow Vapes (they sell 120 ml bottles for $10 and first time customers get 20 percent off, while repeating customers can get 15 percent off). Tomorrow Vapes also have a huge selection of flavors.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I was a pack a day smoker for over 30 years, and quit smoking the day I started vaping. I haven't had a cigarette for almost 27 months now. The biggest thing that vaping does is it totally replicates the sensation of smoking, which is something that Chantix, gum, patches, and lozenges doesn't do. The first couple of weeks, whenever I got the craving to smoke, I just vaped until the craving went away. The first couple of days, I would actually get nic sick from the nicotine (not really that bad, just a little upset stomach, maybe a little light headedness). Your body will tell you if you got too much nicotine and no, you will never get too much nicotine to the point of overdosing. The important thing is finding the right nicotine level for you to satisfy the cravings.

Alaria13

Jan 23, 2017
Hi,

New here, first post. I've been smoking cigs for 20years. I'm waiting for my Kangertech subvod starter kit to arrive in the mail. I'm nervous about how this is going to go as I am highly addicted, both physically and psychologically to smoking ciggerettes. I love smoking, except lately I feel like a total loser about half way through my cig. I'm convinced that I'm invested in all aspects of smoking, the inhale, the hand to mouth, and the stepping outside or removing myself to have a "break." So I feel like, *if* I'm going to give up cigarettes, vaping may be the only way as I will still get to do a few of those things.

I'm concerned about the site I ordered the vapes from tho. It's called fast tech, and the vaperizers (I ordered two) *one for me & my bf, are shipping from Singapore. My bf is convinced I ordered counterfeits and that the batteries won't last. The price was so good tho, that I talked myself into gambling. I'm on a fixed income (one huge reason I'm hoping to switch to vaping) and I would not have been able to afford all the things I need to get started vaping in one purchase.

Does anyone have personal experience ordering from that site, and also, did anyone here successfully quit smoking by switching to vaping? I'd appreciate any tips or advice on things I can do or that might help in my success in transitioning. Thanks, Sarah
My girl friend and I use that website for most mod-related purchases as it is much cheaper than the local stores. If you understand the statistics of what you're ordering and know how to understand what you're ordering (such as the mah for batteries) then it's a great website. I don't know all that info so I let her do all the ordering but everything has been great

Alaria13

Jan 23, 2017
Hi,

New here, first post. I've been smoking cigs for 20years. I'm waiting for my Kangertech subvod starter kit to arrive in the mail. I'm nervous about how this is going to go as I am highly addicted, both physically and psychologically to smoking ciggerettes. I love smoking, except lately I feel like a total loser about half way through my cig. I'm convinced that I'm invested in all aspects of smoking, the inhale, the hand to mouth, and the stepping outside or removing myself to have a "break." So I feel like, *if* I'm going to give up cigarettes, vaping may be the only way as I will still get to do a few of those things.

I'm concerned about the site I ordered the vapes from tho. It's called fast tech, and the vaperizers (I ordered two) *one for me & my bf, are shipping from Singapore. My bf is convinced I ordered counterfeits and that the batteries won't last. The price was so good tho, that I talked myself into gambling. I'm on a fixed income (one huge reason I'm hoping to switch to vaping) and I would not have been able to afford all the things I need to get started vaping in one purchase.

Does anyone have personal experience ordering from that site, and also, did anyone here successfully quit smoking by switching to vaping? I'd appreciate any tips or advice on things I can do or that might help in my success in transitioning. Thanks, Sarah
Also, I smoked for almost 2 years before I got into vaping. A pack up to a pack and a half a day. I was addicted to smoking myself. Not just the nicotine. I've found that when I use the right nicotine level, I can't stand the thought of a cigarette. But when I try to lower the nic level I use, I may have a few cigarettes a week or if I am highly stressed. But for the most part, I don't smoke anymore

Alaria13

Jan 23, 2017
Hi, Thanks for responding. :) I ordered a Kangertech subvod starter kit, and some dekang tobacco flavored e-juice. I did a lot of reading before I chose that specific device, including watching some YouTube videos, but I know I have tons more to learn, and probably even rewatch some of the vids, just cuz I'm nit the best at absorbing information.
Haha, I'm not either! It's unfortunate for me because I don't have Internet at my house and normally if I'm not home I am at school where I can't vape or I am with someone who can help me with just about any issues I have. The only info I really know is hit the button, how to change coils, and if I want temp control or what watts/joules level I want. You should be perfectly fine between ECF and YouTube

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Welcome to the vape fam!

I popped a look at the kit you ordered and it's a good one. I think you'll really like those coils, there's a few variations available to adjust the vape style if needed. The .5ohm ones are the popular Direct to Lung coils, the 1.8ohm are for Mouth to Lung. I used to describe the difference as breathing through a slurpee straw (DTL) or breathing through a coffee straw (MTL).

It does take some getting used to, but after a week or so, you'll find yourself reaching for the vape instead of the cigarettes. Nowadays, I'm not addicted to the smokes, but I have definately acquired a new disease called shinyitis, an affliction where you compulsively collect the new shiny devices, not because you need them but because they're new and shiny.

I'm East Coast and tend to receive my FastTech orders within 8 days or so, but things with built in batteries take a bit longer in shipping due to restrictions so you're probably looking at about 3 weeks or so.

And like everyone said, if you have questions, post! Somebody's usually available and willing to help.

Also, for juice/liquid, online is typically cheaper than store. There's been a lot of good recommendations so far so I'd just like to add one more. Vapewild (dot)com is a good site with a large selection and sample packs of 6x 10ml flavors for $17. Plus they send freebies with every order. My first order with them, I ended up liking 3 of 6 I selected and loving the two freebies they sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread