New OEM Kits reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Thank you so much for replying on this post Smilin, your words always inspire confidence and are reassuring.

If I maybe so bold....just throwing this out there...is there any possibility of a very limited edition super high end V4L mod that would stand tall as one of the best of the best in the vaping world. Something say...in the $200.00 range, sold via pre-order only and only available twice a year?

Wishing you and yours the best this holiday and in the New Year.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Might I be so bold as to suggest that, instead of calling these new items "Advanced Kits" (which they apparently are not, compared to V4L branded kits), you call them "Alternative Kits" or "Occasional Vaper Kits" or something like that?? :blink: The "Advanced" moniker just feels insulting to V4L's own superior products! :(

Last edited:

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
Hi and thanks for understanding. NOONE is more frustrated than me, dealing with the multitude of company's who are NOT willing to make better products, they just steal your money. I have been to harvard this year, with a million dollar MBA degree.

Good news is, there are auto's being shipped with my new cell, as well as the "real Titan Line" I have been working on. There are 5 volts, being shipped as well. These are NOT exactly what I want to offer, but, I have to say, the are KILLER. I have compared them to every mod on the market.

Our new V4L auto/manual will be shipping in Febuary....ughhhhh...was suppose to be end of march, as well as the Titan.

I love Y'all, and Miss you

Happy Chanuka

Merry Christmas

Happy New Year.............2012, I promise, you will be SMILING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Smilin

Hi Steve: Thanks for the replies, only further strengthens my resolve to never shop another ecig vendor (since my first two mistakes in 2009 - exclusively V4L since Jan 2010). I ordered your new VGO kit for a friend of mine who is a casual vaper, for which this kit will probably be ideal; even though it is not up to your standards, I appreciate V4L offering it and you taking the time to find the best option for the other segments of your market. There is so much misinformation and marketing nuances out there right now, if nothing else, this will steer more people to your flagship products - which by the way have shown outstanding improvement since I started.

Morandir, keep up the great work - if you can't look yourself in the eyes of the mirror, or sleep peacefully at night, life isn't worth living.

I too am most anxious for further announcements Steve, have a great holiday and happy new year!

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Might I be so bold as to suggest that, instead of calling these new items "Advanced Kits" (which they apparently are not, compared to V4L branded kits), you call them "Alternative Kits" or "Occasional Vaper Kits" or something like that?? :blink: The "Advanced" monkier just feels insulting to V4L's own superior products! :(
I second dat motion Eleanor. 'Alternative Kits' sounds better :smokie:

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Might I be so bold as to suggest that, instead of calling these new items "Advanced Kits" (which they apparently are not, compared to V4L branded kits), you call them "Alternative Kits" or "Occasional Vaper Kits" or something like that?? :blink: The "Advanced" monkier just feels insulting to V4L's own superior products! :(

I changed the category name to OEM Kits, it may change again. We've just been trying to get these things counted and available so fast, we didn't have enough time to fully consider how best to present them. Also in the category description it states that these are not V4L branded. I apologize for any confusion.

jello215

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Indianapolis
I knew that they would not be up to the V4L standards. Just wanted to see what Mor thought of them. I will update when mine come in. As for Smilin'......at least your giving me a few months to recoup before you break me again! Love your company and products. I started with V4L around the same time Morandir did and was just lucky that V4L was the first that I tried and haven't looked back. Thanks Mor for the review....as always you rule.

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Hi Steve: Thanks for the replies, only further strengthens my resolve to never shop another ecig vendor (since my first two mistakes in 2009 - exclusively V4L since Jan 2010). I ordered your new VGO kit for a friend of mine who is a casual vaper, for which this kit will probably be ideal; even though it is not up to your standards, I appreciate V4L offering it and you taking the time to find the best option for the other segments of your market. There is so much misinformation and marketing nuances out there right now, if nothing else, this will steer more people to your flagship products - which by the way have shown outstanding improvement since I started.

Morandir, keep up the great work - if you can't look yourself in the eyes of the mirror, or sleep peacefully at night, life isn't worth living.

I too am most anxious for further announcements Steve, have a great holiday and happy new year!

No need to repeat Jam's words in a different way. My thoughts exactly.

Steve, I've always enjoyed your pop-ins. Your heart always shines.

Morandir, I've long respected you in multiple ways. Even more now.

And this particular thread is more evidence of why I call V4L and The Family my home.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Before anything else really want to say thank you to everyone, though those words aren't enough in this case. :)

Mark sir OEM, alternative kits, non-V4L kits, stuff Smilin sir doesn't vape personally kits all work for me. Just ask if someone can change the name of this thread to whatever they're called (as in New OEM kit reviews for now). Thank you.

On to the Aurora. V4L went above and beyond to rush it out to me, and USPS was kind enough to make sure one day shipping was one day shipping.

This kit wasn't as disappointing in some ways as the kgo, more so in others. These batts were orginally called the elips (as I mentioned earlier on a different thread), and were on my waiting list to try. The shape is interesting, a little more comfortable than the kgo. These use a proprietary atty and tank combo. This can be a bad thing, if you burn up the atty and have none on hand and there's none in stock, the batt is rendered useless. The tank is a bit of a pain. Filling it requites you to a- pull off the silicon cap and fill, or b- use a syringe to fill it. Removing the cap is far easier filling wise, but with it comes another issue. If the spike doesn't pierce the cap then you no liquid reaches the atty. This happened on both attys that came with the kit for me. Ended up using the needle to puncture it then placing it on. You can also use a paper clip if you don't have an 18g syringe. So far no leaks and am on the second batt. The ohms for the atty are 2.6 on one, 2.7 on the other. Off load voltage on the batt was 4.06v. I can't tell you the on load voltage yet because of how it's designed. Took 36 hours to figure out how to test autos on load, not sure if I'll be doing that for these. Batt life was 266 minutes with chain vaping. Only done one full run though. The button on this one was far superior to that of the kgo, actually responded well and didn't stick. Using No. 7 juice, one with very high th again, showed the issue from this kit (which is what it's aimed for according to Smilin sir so this won't be a problem for those looking into buying one) no th. Vapor production was where it should be, flavor was slightly muted but not horribly, but th was gone. Chain vaping and long drags is not suggested either, every 3rd-4th hit was an awful burnt taste that only a dry atty brings. After 7 seconds you'll get the same. Another key item to note is the fact where the batt and atty meet isn't the most secure. Don't put your finger with pressure at an angle on the atty/tank as you draw or it will come loose or off. Same can happen if carrying it in your pocket. The draw is better than that of the vgo, more like a vapor king manual (6.5 or so on the Mordy scale). It's stiff, but not so stiff it makes vaping an excerise. Prefered it to the kgo...

But not the V4L king diamond autos. No auto has a great of a draw, voltage holding capabilities, and voltage/time used ratio as these. Sorry had to add that. :)

Got my shipping notice on the ego-t kit, so hopefully will have a review up tomorrow or saturday morning on it. :)

Last edited:

ChadR

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Omaha, NE
These are great reviews Morandir, and very helpful when trying to decide where to spend my limited budget. Keep 'em coming.
To Mark, Smilin, and the V4L staff, I can only re-iterate what otheres have already said. This thread is perfect confirmation that I picked the right company to do business with, and that I don't need to look anywhere else for my vaping needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread