New Poster on COPD issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caio All -

I've been lurkin' 'round the forum for quite awhile but never got up the ooommpphh to actually post stuff until now. I'm encountering some breathing issues and I thought I'd post about it and see what information is out there.

Brief history - 3 pack-a-day, 40 yr, Marlboro & unfiltered Camel habit. Should be dead but, I think I'm too contrary to die. Almost 2 yrs ago, my better half bought a starter vape thingy and told me to look into it. Not my intention to quit analogs......Bam! After about three days, I simply lost interest in cigarettes. We're both done with 'em.

Over those years of smoking, I experienced the normal progression (degradation) of respiratory capacity. That is, nothing significant other than the occasional minor shortness of breath following extreme physical demands; running, concentrated labor, etc. Now, after almost two years of vaping, I'm experiencing shortness of breath with simple exertion but it's episodic not constant or chronic.

Equipment and chemistry - Kanger / Davide tank atomiser at 1.8-2.5 ohm, silica factory coils, on simple recharg. batt mech. mod using Johnson Creek, Vanda @ 0.6% nic (down from highest level over the last year), @ 100% VG.

Thanks for any feedback/info anyone might provide.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi Windowelf. Congrats on quitting! I cannot answer for certain what may be causing this, but I do know some people have had trouble with a "heavy lung" from vaping high VG liquids. Heavy lung may not be the correct term, but it's a starting point. The search box above your name on the upper right is keyword activated and very useful.

Search Results for Query: VG Lung | E-Cigarette Forum

Other links to use for info :

HEALTH QUITTING Health, Safety and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

I'd suggest seeing a doc, but you might find the info in the above links. Good luck in your vape journey.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
My first thought is to get a check up, there may be something else entirely going on.

On the vaping front, I'm not familiar with Johnson Creeks juice but what are the PG/VG percentages? I love max VG juice but sometimes they have the same effect on me, maybe going with a higher PG level will help.

25 year smoker here, I don't think vaping will counteract the damage we did for all those years but I do believe it significantly diminishes the progression of said damage. There may be (probably are) issues from the years of smoking that we will just have to deal with.

Glad your finally jumping in here :)

Hi Windowelf. Congrats on quitting! I cannot answer for certain what may be causing this, but I do know some people have had trouble with a "heavy lung" from vaping high VG liquids. Heavy lung may not be the correct term, but it's a starting point. The search box above your name on the upper right is keyword activated and very useful.

Search Results for Query: VG Lung | E-Cigarette Forum

Other links to use for info :

HEALTH QUITTING Health, Safety and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

I'd suggest seeing a doc, but you might find the info in the above links. Good luck in your vape journey.
Thanks Sir2..., for the comments / input - helpful :)

My first thought is to get a check up, there may be something else entirely going on.

On the vaping front, I'm not familiar with Johnson Creeks juice but what are the PG/VG percentages? I love max VG juice but sometimes they have the same effect on me, maybe going with a higher PG level will help.

25 year smoker here, I don't think vaping will counteract the damage we did for all those years but I do believe it significantly diminishes the progression of said damage. There may be (probably are) issues from the years of smoking that we will just have to deal with.

Glad your finally jumping in here :)
As a matter of fact, arterial blockage IS probably a part of the equation. I'm thinkin' a reduction in the VG may help but, PG seems to irritate so I might be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Soon as I get a couple spare grand, I'll go see the sawbones. >grin< Thanks for the input :)

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
40-year smoking habit here, too. I can't do high vg as it makes me feel like my lungs are being coated. I do a minimum of 50/50. And also after 40 years of poisoning myself, I can't for one minute expect that just because I quit and took up vaping, that all those years of damage will miraculously vanish. I expect there will be repercussions for the rest of my life. I am confident that vaping will diminish those and may even halt others from appearing, but serious damage has already been done. Keep up the vaping, see your doctor about your symptoms, and maybe decrease the vg and see if that helps.

40-year smoking habit here, too. I can't do high vg as it makes me feel like my lungs are being coated. I do a minimum of 50/50. And also after 40 years of poisoning myself, I can't for one minute expect that just because I quit and took up vaping, that all those years of damage will miraculously vanish. I expect there will be repercussions for the rest of my life. I am confident that vaping will diminish those and may even halt others from appearing, but serious damage has already been done. Keep up the vaping, see your doctor about your symptoms, and maybe decrease the vg and see if that helps.
Pw: very well written post, thx

Reactions: pwheeler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread