FDA New Products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
There is a ray of hope for us. It seems that the [edited] industry has come out with some atomizers and batteries that may be a cross-over for vapers. So we may not be out of luck when it comes to gear to use after 8/18. Getting e-juice will be the problem. And if some of the e-cigs that may get approved contain very high nic we may be able to open those little capsules and dilute them to use in our better gear. (Jull has 50mg.
Vuse has 48, and njoy has 45.) So, if it contains 3ml of 45mg/ml juice I could dilute it down to 15mg/ml by adding 6ml of vg and then have 9ml of juice.
Yes, I have thought a lot about the nic not being available. I am a life long smoker and do not see a way to ever quit the nic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Vuse has 48, and njoy has 45.) So, if it contains 3ml of 45mg/ml juice I could dilute it down to 15mg/ml by adding 6ml of vg and then have 9ml of juice.
Yes, I have thought a lot about the nic not being available. I am a life long smoker and do not see a way to ever quit the nic.
Or you could just figure out how much 100 mg nic base you need to last the rest of your life, and order it now, while it's still readily available and doesn't cost much at all.

Take Juul as an example Each of their pods hold 0.7ml and costs $4.00. That works out to about 11 cents per milligram of nic. A one liter bottle of 100 mg base costs (toward the high end) around $100. That works out to 0.1 cents per milligram -- 100x less expensive.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
You are so right! It would be costly. I have 2 1/2 liters in freezer and will most likely get 2 more. That is a lot of years of nic. And I could always try to go lower on the nic. But at some point the nic will fade-even frozen. But, in the end I hope cooler heads prevail and we will follow the U.K.s lead and realize how helpful and healthful ecig are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread