New Provari 2.5 Not Turning On (battery issue?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glinda

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
United States
Currently crestfallen... I ordered and received two brand new, beautiful Provari 2.5's (gold zenkote & matte black, both with blue read out & 18650 extension caps) last month. I put a silica packet in each box upon arrival, tucked them away in a drawer in a cool, dry room, and today I'm finally ready to give them a test run and...nothing happens. It's as if there's no battery in it at all.

I tried two separate new batteries (both LG HG2 INR 18650 20a 3000mah high drain) but neither are making it light up. I noticed that on their website it states that "These flat top batteries and are only compatible with the classic, P3, Procyon and Radius", so I'm thinking that this is my problem. But I figured that with the 18650 extension my LGs would work fine, and I'm guessing that this is where my "fail" is originating from. Is that it? I'm thinking that that might be my problem, and that if I buy the "AW IMR 18650 - 2200 MAH HIGH DRAIN BATTERY" that they recommend on their website for the 2.5's I'll be good to go.

I guess I need to understand the difference between INR & IMR if it's a battery issue? Heck I don't even know if I'm asking the right questions...I'm new to using regulated mods, so please be kind.

Glinda

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
United States
The 2.5's and previous require button top batteries for reverse battery protection. AW's were the go-to button tops at the time of release.
Several brands are now offering button tops in their more popular SKU's.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I went ahead and ordered two at RTDvapor as YoursTruli had suggested, but for future reference, is there an alternate brand or brands out there that you like?

Reactions: AstroTurf

woodardjd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Midwest City, OK
I went ahead and ordered two at RTDvapor as YoursTruli had suggested, but for future reference, is there an alternate brand or brands out there that you like?
LG HG2 and Samsung 25R are both available with button tops and both are good batteries. Imrbatteries often have those and others for between 5 and 8 dollars.

Glinda

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
United States
LG HG2 and Samsung 25R are both available with button tops and both are good batteries. Imrbatteries often have those and others for between 5 and 8 dollars.

I like my LG HG2 flat tops quite a lot, so I'll order a couple of theirs next. Thank you for the swift reply!

Reactions: AstroTurf

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
This will sound silly but ...

The other day, I changed batteries on my P3 and it didn't switch on! Weird... I unscrewed the bottom cap and I had put it in upside down LOL! I have changed the batteries 100's of times but did this once.

Thank goodness for reverse battery detection :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
... for future reference, is there an alternate brand or brands out there that you like?
I haven't actually used these myself, but Orbtronics makes a 3000mAh high drain button top battery for $ 9.99. Orbtronics is a trusted, reputable battery vendor.

zel-20-1.jpg

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Looks like it might be a protected cell?
Nope. If you click on the link I provided there is no mention of a protection circuit in the lengthly product description.

This may well be a rebranded LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q, with or without a button top (your choice) applied by Orbtronics. The "new" AW 3000mAh 20A battery is also likely a rebranded LG HG2.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Nope. If you click on the link I provided there is no mention of a protection circuit in the lengthly product description.

This may well be a rebranded LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q, with or without a button top (your choice) applied by Orbtronics. The "new" AW 3000mAh 20A battery is also likely a rebranded LG HG2.

Ah, Thats where the extra bump comes from.

Thanks, Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Baditude

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
No.

Button top batteries only with the 2.5.

You should not use the high performance bottom cap with the 2.5.

The board on the 2.5 is glued in place.

The new bottom cap will put too much pressure on the board and may break it loose, same goes for the stock P3 bottom cap, this directly from ProVape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread