Status
Not open for further replies.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
RTD was nice enough to send me a complimentary Trident as well as this one. What is the name of this one? Also, does anyone know if this one can be modded to bottom feed easily and is it worth it or does the rm2 blow it away?

I know the Trident can and I know that chowder head can do it, but I plan to do it myself as long as a drill press isn't needed.

Thanks, guys. It would be cool to get the Trident working since I've only used the rm2 on my standard profile Grand. Never had an LP REO or an atty besides the rm2. View attachment 459490

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
That's an era clone. No idea of the name if it has one as there are many.

No idea how hollow the center post is now But you can stick a small drill bit down it from the top and see.. prob easy to drill but you may melt the insulator from the heat if drilling. Might be smart to push out the center post first and see if you can remove the insulator from the post first.

After all that it's a real cheap clone that's prob worth $5 or so.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
That's an era clone. No idea of the name if it has one as there are many.

No idea how hollow the center post is now But you can stick a small drill bit down it from the top and see.. prob easy to drill but you may melt the insulator from the heat if drilling. Might be smart to push out the center post first and see if you can remove the insulator from the post first.

After all that it's a real cheap clone that's prob worth $5 or so.

IMO it's a smok Mini (the posts, base/o-rings and factory coil are dead giveaways). I can remember when you could buy 3 of them for $10. I have one somebody made into a dual bf that was tossed in with a bunch of RM2's and other oldballs sold as a lot I bought early on when I first started doing Reos. That one has the center post grooved down the side... probably with a Dremel/cut off wheel, and is drilled with large air intakes on each side.

ETA: I also have 2 Trident clones bought 2 years ago from Halfastech (SS and Gold) to use on my sigelei's (my first 510's). Tried one but never used them. Only thing I ever bought from them... lesson learned. No idea about bfing them, I wouldn't bother myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteamStack

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I found a youtube video that's 2 1/2 minutes long with a bald dude explaining how he drilled two 1/16" holes through the insulator. One hole on each side of the center post. I may try that. If anyone watches it, please give me your opinions.

I believe I've done that with one of my era's. Be real easy if you had a drill bit vice. You could drill it carefully with your hand.. thst way no chance of slipping and breaking the bit or messing it up using a dremel that got away from ya.

Also just cutting a groove on both sides of the insulator while still on the center post is easy enough as well. Though with the other way you won't have to remove the center post.

Edit: you can look for a precision drill bit set at menards.. come with a hand full of super tiny drill bits and a drill bit vice.. was cheap at like 8-10 bucks. Maybe get lucky at some other hardware store if you don't have a menards close to you.

Reactions: jifjifjif
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread