New REO and some mad science...Muh hahahaha!!!

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by technicianx, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. technicianx

technicianx Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My second REO arrived today. I also bought some things at Radio Shack to see if it is better then noalox. I got some deoxit and a circuit writer pen. I took my old REO's hood off to get to the firing pen. I saw on another thread where a guy had used this pen on his mech mod and it vastly improved his conductivity. So I figured why not give it a try and let the reonaughts know how it goes. Noalox doesn't bother me, it's just kind of a lint magnet. I'm not a pro pic poster so forgive me.

newreo.jpg

New REO.

2. technicianx

The stuff I used...

science3.jpg

3. technicianx

I took the delrin insert out so I could get a good shot on the firing pen...

science2.jpg

4. Statistic

Statistic REOnaughty Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Grats on the new REO, Mr Science!

Curse you for teasing us with potential awesomeness.. that is still in the packaging!! Please report your scientific findings POST HASTE!!

edit - ah, I see.. you're gonna strip tease us along with multiple little posts documenting it all...

ok then..

:pop:

5. technicianx

Here it is with a coat of circuit writer... Now it takes 24 hours to cure.. I plan to borrow a voltage meter so I can test this, against the new mod with the same RM2.. I will report back with the results..:)

science1.jpg

6. pdib

pdib Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Nice looking REO, Tech. I tried to try the circuit writer pen. Well, I mean, 24 hour dry time, best results @ 4 mil. (4 thousandths of an inch?). I was trying to refurbish a battery top, as well as a dab on my firing pin. Anyhoo, 24 hours later, it scratched right off. Got the full refund (one nice thing about that place, no harm, no foul). Yes, I did a thorough cleaning aforehand.

Eager to see if your results are better.

7. technicianx

Well boogly hoot.... Oh well no harm in trying. It says for maximum hardness heat treat... Any ideas on how this could be done cheaply? It would probably have been easier had I gotten a rebuild kit with the firing pen out. Then I could have tried baking the pin.

8. pdib

pdib Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

don' stop, man! Your results may vary!!!!

It says 6 hrs under 40 watt light bulb (4hrs, 60watt?) Its on the package/pen somewhere.

9. chohan

chohan Earthbound Misfit Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Same here. looking forward to the results. I remember reading that post, seems he used it on a k100 and got a bit of improvement.

Lovin' the new reo Doc, congrats!

edit: Doc, I just gotta add, I was totally rolling over that vid you did where you had the smartphone taped to the front of that box with vapor boiling around your head. Lmao, "I want to be the dragon!"

10. technicianx

I will try this and just leave it over night.

11. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter mentally_UNSTABLE_freak Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sweet looking new mod TechX. Congrats bro. I have a request. Would it be possible for you to post your results in video form and use those 2 tools you used to measure in your first video? And the music? I crack up just thinking about that video. I think I'm gonna go watch that and Bens video again now.

Oh, and your gonna use a tankometer right, for really accurate, scientific scientist results?

Don't science rock :)

12. Statistic

Statistic REOnaughty Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dual .5ohm-brah coils? That's sure to heat that sucker up :0

13. technicianx

:laugh: Thanks for the kind words and if you watch the other guys video. He does about the same thing.

14. technicianx

:laugh: But of course. Those Chinese made inline meters, tell no lies!

15. chohan

chohan Earthbound Misfit Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aye, I'd already seen some of that one which only added to my enjoyment of your humor. It was like watching a SNL skit.

16. darkzero

darkzero Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

As some of you figured out, don't even bother using the circuit writer pen, it's not designed to be used like that anyways. It's for fixing damaged pcb traces then coated with an overcoat (conformal coating).I don't use noalox. I have deoxit & progold that I use for everything but I have them in pens. I wiped all the noalox off my Reos like a week after I got them. All I do is apply gold pro to the firing pin every 2-3 battery changes and/or the battery's button top. My firing pins never spark. I don't even bother with deoxit anymore. I tried it a few times & it always wiped of clean. No sparking means no oxidizing so there's nothing for the deoxit to clean.

[​IMG]

17. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

One word of warning on the removal and reinstall of the screw holding the delrin insert.

The screw threads into the body of the REO. It is very easy to strip. Use care and caution when applying pressure and do not over tighten.

It is not recommended to remove the delrin insert unless it is necessary for repairs.

18. debzcf

debzcf Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Question for those who tinker with your REOs and RM2's...do you tinker with everything (computers, other forms of electronics, cars, motorcycles, model planes, household plumbing, etc.)?

19. Awkwardly Awesome

Awkwardly Awesome Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yep... I will modify anything that I think I can improve. My cars, my computers, and anything else I can my hands on. I am a mechanical drafter/designer though so it is pretty much all I think about.

20. debzcf

debzcf Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's what I figured...it's in the genes. :)

: reo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.