New Reo (First)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Okay, I am up and running on my LP Grand with the RM2.

The e-juice "well". When I squeeze the bottle I look closely at the bottom of the RM2 where it sits in the very shallow well. I don't see juice.

I primed the wick, a bit more than the 10-12 drops because I didn't think the wick should be half dry. But, there was no e-juice sloshing around. Still, no juice is visible in the well. Is the "well" internal where I can't see it?

Everything is connected and I start vaping with a bit of pressure on the bottle prior to each draw. That pressure is a variable, I understand. Staying with the RM2, I just need to apply pressure so that I don't get dry hits. As to the RM2 and other BF Atties, it is just a matter of learning how much they need the bottle pressed to maintain juice in the wick?

Do I understand the bottle pressing right?

Also, my 3mg of nic is hitting harder than a dripper. Is that common?

Thanks

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
You want a soft but relatively firm press, and hold it...don't "pump" it. As for how long to hold and how much pressure, there's a learning curve, and yes it varies based upon the atomizer, and also upon how much juice is currently in the bottle (gets harder to squonk when it gets low). Until you get a feel for it, take the drip tip off and look down into the atty as you squonk. Or, look for a little glimmer of juice in the airhole. You'll get the hang of it.

There is no well though. That's the point. The juice drains, leaving your wick saturated.

ETA - with regard to how hard it's hitting, no that's not common. Your atty IS a dripper, you're simply dripping from the bottom now. Check your coil placement...it should be dead even with the airhole, and fairly close to the edge of the deck.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Welcome Frenchfry, the well is a vestigual organ from the days of cartos (yes, I know some still use them).

With a bottom fed atomizer, like sloth said, the juice is contained within the bottle and atty.

Slothman pretty much nailed it on the rest as well, don't even know why I am replying other than to say congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of bottom feeding :)

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
If I'm reading this right, are you keeping pressure on the bottle WHILE you're taking a vape? The way it's worded that's sounds like what you're doing.

When I got my first Reo I took the top cap off a lot when squonking just to get that muscle memory of how hard to squeeze to wet the wicks, and how hard. When the bottle gets to about half full you'll see you have to squeeze a lot harder. On my set up I get about 3 or 4 good hits before I have to squonk again.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Congrats Frenchfry!
REO family! Will be watching this thread because I might be squonking wrong
Both my LP Grand and REO min 1.0 are still leaking from under the RM2! Maybe I am over squonking! I have put o rings under the RM2 and they still leak! Wonderful flavor and vape but it gets a bit messy.
I will be following advise given to Frenchfry!
Can't wait to see some pics Frenchfry!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Congrats Frenchfry!
Both my LP Grand and REO min 1.0 are still leaking from under the RM2! Maybe I am over squonking! I have put o rings under the RM2 and they still leak! Wonderful flavor and vape but it gets a bit messy.
Do your REOs have the adjustable 510? The only thing I can think, is maybe your atty's sitting a bit high, so that even with the o-rings in place some juice may be seeping out between the o-ring and atty. Try lowering your atty just a hair if it's possible.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
To keep the mess to a minimum when a rewick or clean things up I pull the drip tip and give it a squonk to make sure everything is wet a working right. I think you should be able to see what's going on that on just about any atty except maybe a Chalice. Occasionally I'll have to do a little adjustment because my wicks aren't all the way down (ready x wick is a bit stiff) or the bottle isn't sealed good and I'm not getting any juice up to the atty.

It doesn't take long until the process is second nature and you start wonder why such a simple process has been made so difficult with other devices. :)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Congrats Frenchfry!
Your over squonking lean the mod so the the air hole is at the highest point when your pushing the bottle . Also make sure the air hole isn't in the pointing down position when your waking around gravity will always win out . I keep the air inlet facing me

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Rob almost mentioned it, but in case you missed it. Try to have the wick on the dry side before you put it in your pocket or where every you carry it, this will help keep drips and leaks through the air hole to a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Well, no juice under the RM2. I switched to a dual BF Magma and no visible issues. I did take the time to glossy up the button cap. I, also, ran some black tape neatly around the juice bottle. Grey just doesn't do it for me. With the taping I left a vertical strip un-taped so I can still see the juice level if I want to.

Some pics...
Four.jpg
One.jpg
Two.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread