New Reonaut Seeking Advice on Nic Concentration, Builds...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Hello Gals and Guys..

So..after two years of vaping (predominantly on regulated mods), I decided to pull the trigger on a Reo and join the Reonauts. So I landed a nice Reo Grand that has been low profiled with subohm contacts (but not the new 510 unfortunately) and a VA Cyclone at a decent price from the classies, and ordered the needed extras and spares from Rob, and I should have the setup in my hands in 2 or 3 days :)

I am a flavor junky and mainly use flavor chasing RTAs with a somewhat tight draw and a coil build between 1 - 1.3 ohms, and DIY my juice @12 mg nic. I rarely drip or use my subohm tanks.

I do have a few questions and would appreciate some assistance:

- What is the optimal build for battery life and flavor on this setup? Elsewhere I read that Rob uses a 1.1 ohm build and the battery lasts him all day. A 1.2 or 1.3 build would make battery life significantly shorter.

- With this build in this setup, will 12 mg nic be too harsh? Will I have to start mixing my juice at lower nic concentrations? I am not a chain vaper but I do take a drag every minute or so..the only time I don't vape is when I'm in a business meeting..LOL.

Appreciate you help
Tamer

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Welcome to Reoville Tamer. I can vape 5mls with .5ohm coil and use one battery that gets down to 3.70 on average. It's a Samsung 25R.

I used to vape 18mg nic but am down to 4mg now and have found Nude nicotine far smoother than Wizarded Labs nic. Make a small batch and see how you like it. A lot depends on your vg/pg ratio and what flavors you're using. I vape right around 10mls in a 24 hour period so I reduced my nic percentage and never have had a problem.

Show us a pic of your set up when it gets in!

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Welcome to Reoville Tamer. I can vape 5mls with .5ohm coil and use one battery that gets down to 3.70 on average. It's a Samsung 25R.

I used to vape 18mg nic but am down to 4mg now and have found Nude nicotine far smoother than Wizarded Labs nic. Make a small batch and see how you like it. A lot depends on your vg/pg ratio and what flavors you're using. I vape right around 10mls in a 24 hour period so I reduced my nic percentage and never have had a problem.

Show us a pic of your set up when it gets in!

Thanks Scout...will do as soon as I have it coiled and wicked and ready :)

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Congrats on the foray into REOville!

My personal choice for you would be to wrap your typical coil in that Cyclone and then I'd say that (2) AW 18650s would get you through all of your waking hours. I've recently bought a few of the brown LG batteries and they last me longer than AW brand.

I would personally make a batch of 6mg DY juice in anticipation of the new mod. Once you're vaping away at 6mg on the Cyclone, see if it's too much nic or just right. You can always drip some 12mg on there if the 6mg is too light for you. Then, you'll know which to stay with. I personally went from 18mg to 12mg once I got my REO and RBA going.

Best of luck. We're here to help.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I get excellent flavor from a Cyclone by wrapping two identical 1.2 ohm coils, closing down the air flow to maybe 1/4 open both sides and using a normal bore drip tip.
You could try the single coil / single air hole setup on your Cyclone, but I believe the RM2 is better for single coils. Just my :2c:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
spygratsreo.jpg

Welcome to the Ville Tamer.

As Scout hit on, lots of variables involved, so what works "best" is speculative to ones vaping style, taste, etc. Some folks say they lower the mg/ml nic in their Reos. I don't use nic in my DIY, and when I buy premade's it's the lowest they offer (0, 3, 6 usually). Don't need nic so don't pay much attention to it.

I'm a flavor chaser too, rotate 3-4-5 Reos together as a lot at a time, switch lots whenever the urge hits. As a LDLHer who seldom sleeps I go through up to 30-35mls a day/night. I mostly sub ohm my Reos in the .35-.7 range, build to the joose and the atty it's being ran in. I prefer small and medium footprint atty's, mostly do dual or center high parallel coils with K1, N80, some twisted and Clapton with Scottish rolled KGD and 3mm RxW.

Have 2 2013 Cyclones. The Woodvil's they're on don't get used much anymore, but they are great single coil flavor atty's. Mine are drilled out for the air needed for my LDLH's. I ran 3mm RxW in them. I run mostly Nuppin', Chalice and O-16 atty's on my Reos now days.

Piddled around making up some new DIY most of the night... with the UC some are already being tried out on Reos. :)

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

I would personally make a batch of 6mg DY juice in anticipation of the new mod. Once you're vaping away at 6mg on the Cyclone, see if it's too much nic or just right. You can always drip some 12mg on there if the 6mg is too light for you.

That makes sense ..I'll mix a couple of my favorites tonight @6mg...don't think I'll need to mix at lower concentrations. I always carry a couple of spare batteries with me because I have rather long working hours..don't know if the 6ml juice bottle will last me though.

I get excellent flavor from a Cyclone by wrapping two identical 1.2 ohm coils, closing down the air flow to maybe 1/4 open both sides and using a normal bore drip tip.

The original owner shipped it with this exact build ..I am not a big fan of wide bore DTs myself..will give it a try with the derlin drip tip I ordered from Rob. I heard the Cyclone heats up pretty fast.

Welcome Tamar :) good advice above. Looking forward to pics of your setup and first impressions :thumb:

Man..I loved your vid on the T-mod. If I like the Reo, I'm definitely going for one. I'm in Egypt, and people down here don't know much about Reos..mine will most likely be the first to be pictured by the pyramids.

I'm a flavor chaser too, rotate 3-4-5 Reos together as a lot at a time, switch lots whenever the urge hits.

seems I'll be following your footsteps man..my only concern is that I spend most of the day out and about and I like to switch flavors; which is easier to do with 3-4 RTAs that I carry with me..difficult to do that with the Reo IMO.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Welcome to the 'Ville :toast:

My thinking would be that unless you're going to alter your vape style (eg, bigger clouds than you're used to), you prolly don't need to change your nic concentration. Going from, say, a clearomizer to a RDA, you're going to notice an increase in intensity with the latter, but building a cyclone like a RTA will not be big difference.

Besides the per-puff nic content, it sounds like you're not likely to be changing the amount of juice consumed in a day, either, given that you're an all-day vaper now.

In terms of a coil, maybe try your usual coil first so you can concentrate on getting used to the other variables - squonking, battery management, etc. In a cyclone, it should vape similarly to what you're used to (but prolly with an increase in flavour). Note that increasing the resistance will actually extend the battery life, not decrease it. Assuming you have single fixed-hole cyclone cap, air adjustment will be moot.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Man..I loved your vid on the T-mod. If I like the Reo, I'm definitely going for one. I'm in Egypt, and people down here don't know much about Reos..mine will most likely be the first to be pictured by the pyramids.
Bro, I look forward to that picture :thumbs:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
seems I'll be following your footsteps man..my only concern is that I spend most of the day out and about and I like to switch flavors; which is easier to do with 3-4 RTAs that I carry with me..difficult to do that with the Reo IMO.

Possible with a Reo if you don't mind hauling some extra stuff with you in a small case. X number of Reo capped bottles pre filled with the joose's of choice, extra wicking if you need to change between flavors, or extra atty's for each juice that you can swap out when you swap out the flavor bottles, extra batteries, etc. Lots of folks here have "Reo kits" they take along to work or on days out.

The preferred method around the Ville though is.... another Reo or two or three for backups. ;)

I only go out in the wee hours of the night, so it is easier for me. Most of the time just one Reo is enough for errand runs, but for an all nighter with a gal pal I might take 2 or 3. Also helps having quite a few Reos with their own dedicated atty's that are on line and ready to grab and vape on a whim.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Welcome to the 'Ville :toast:

My thinking would be that unless you're going to alter your vape style (eg, bigger clouds than you're used to), you prolly don't need to change your nic concentration. Going from, say, a clearomizer to a RDA, you're going to notice an increase in intensity with the latter, but building a cyclone like a RTA will not be big difference.

Besides the per-puff nic content, it sounds like you're not likely to be changing the amount of juice consumed in a day, either, given that you're an all-day vaper now.

In terms of a coil, maybe try your usual coil first so you can concentrate on getting used to the other variables - squonking, battery management, etc. In a cyclone, it should vape similarly to what you're used to (but prolly with an increase in flavour). Note that increasing the resistance will actually extend the battery life, not decrease it. Assuming you have single fixed-hole cyclone cap, air adjustment will be moot.

I'll give it a try..I just realized I still have 6mg juice that I had for my Aqua 2 lying around ..in any case even if I mix 6mg juice and it proves weak, like Jifjifjif said I can easily remedy that. The best thing about getting the Reo and the Cyclone is that I'll get to play with new toys and experiment with different builds. It is the AFC model, and it will come with a dual coil installed ..so I'll give it a try and then compare it with a single coil (with my regular build and nic concentration). Not too concerned about the battery life to tell you the truth. I am used to leaving the house with a fresh battery in my mod and two spare ones..so i don't think it will be a big problem. I was concerned for a while because Rob said in a thread that with a 1.1 ohm resistance his battery lasts all day, but with a higher build he feels he needs to change batteries after 2-3 hours (which sounded a bit odd to me, and that's why I asked).

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Possible with a Reo if you don't mind hauling some extra stuff with you in a small case. X number of Reo capped bottles pre filled with the joose's of choice, extra wicking if you need to change between flavors, or extra atty's for each juice that you can swap out when you swap out the flavor bottles, extra batteries, etc. Lots of folks here have "Reo kits" they take along to work or on days out.

The preferred method around the Ville though is.... another Reo or two or three for backups. ;)

I only go out in the wee hours of the night, so it is easier for me. Most of the time just one Reo is enough for errand runs, but for an all nighter with a gal pal I might take 2 or 3. Also helps having quite a few Reos with their own dedicated atty's that are on line and ready to grab and vape on a whim.

I have a couple of pouches that I carry around with my prefilles atties (Roses and Squapes mainly) and batteries, and in one of them I can also squeeze my P3. But it seems i'll be needing something bigger if I get more Reos

Reactions: Spydro

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

Man..now that I thought about it, if I'm gonna carry extra atties, extra juice bottles, extra coils, and extra batteries, and most likely extra tubes, I'd be better off carrying extra Reos all together and be done with it.

Hafaza

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2015
WA State, USA

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Just make sure you have an ohms tester or can use a digital multimeter. If you are used to regulated mods, then make sure you understand the way a mech works.
Thanks! I do have an Ohmmeter and I build my atties on it all the time. I have a couple of mechs that I use every now and then but I have to say I am no expert, so I will be doing some reading and rereading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robinowitz

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have a couple of pouches that I carry around with my prefilles atties (Roses and Squapes mainly) and batteries, and in one of them I can also squeeze my P3. But it seems i'll be needing something bigger if I get more Reos
Man..now that I thought about it, if I'm gonna carry extra atties, extra juice bottles, extra coils, and extra batteries, and most likely extra tubes, I'd be better off carrying extra Reos all together and be done with it.

When you get this Reo dialed in, I doubt you'll need any arm twisting to pick up another one. I ordered #2 about 3 hours after I received the first one.

With a backup Reo or two set up with atty's, you don't need to carry anything but the Reos.

There is gear out there for carrying Reos hands free. For example, Vapesox (Brea, CA USA) is one with a carabiner that you can clip on a belt loop, etc that protects it securly, has an extra pocket that'll hold a second Reo in a pinch if you secure it; Serenity Gear (Marietta, NY USA) and Parrish (Russia) have made leather sleeves and belt carriers for Reos. I have a Vapesox, but I just use it to carry a couple of back up Reos. The one in use I carry in a shirt pocket.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Most important thing to order right now is Deoxit gold!!! Put a drop every so often on top of the positive contact on the battery.

You need this so there's no arching to your gold contact!

Clean the contacts good with a qtip and rubing alcohol. And your battery tops.

Arching will cause pitting on the contacts and eventually no contact to where your always spinning your battery trying to get a connection.

Flavor chaser.. you want small atty and smallish air hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread