Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
let's try it in here

. Is English your first language? no
2. What country do you live in? usa
3. How old are you? I am 54 years old
4. Do you currently smoke cigarettes? no
5. Have you used any stop-smoking medication in the last month? no
6. Do you plan to stop or reduce your smoking in the next 2 weeks? no I would say no applicable
7. Have you been sad, depressed or lost your ability to enjoy things every day for the last 2 weeks? no
8. In the last year, have you had memory problems that interfered with your work, schooling or every day chores, were noticeable by others and lasted for a month? no
9. In the last year, have you had trouble motivating yourself to do things such that it interfered with your work, schooling or everyday chores, was noticeable by others, and lasted for a month? no
10. In the last year, have you seen or heard things that were not there? no
11. Are you currently in treatment for any psychological, psychiatric or drug abuse problem? no
12. In the last year, have you had any neurological disorder such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, or dementia? no

I dont have psychological problems that why i was rejected

It has to be the age range. I just completed all 3 parts and the only question that I answered differently was the age. maybe they are looking for under 50 from the looks of things?

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I also answered the same as Liscab except that I am 46 years old and English is my first language.

English isn't even Liscabs 3rd language is it???? (kidding Liscabs;)).

They rejected me too (59 yrs old) this isn't a first for me and with any luck, won't be the last rejection either.

Doesn't it worry anyone that they aren't openly collecting a broad spectrum of data? Seems to me they are out to prove a narrow point and targeting those that will make their assertions accurate. IDK, I would feel uncomfortable playing into the scheme.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
English isn't even Liscabs 3rd language is it???? (kidding Liscabs;)).

They rejected me too (59 yrs old) this isn't a first for me and with any luck, won't be the last rejection either.

Doesn't it worry anyone that they aren't openly collecting a broad spectrum of data? Seems to me they are out to prove a narrow point and targeting those that will make their assertions accurate. IDK, I would feel uncomfortable playing into the scheme.

is it English a language ? :lol:

BTW and I am not joking, do all of you know that USA has not an official language ?

Do you know what is the official language of the United States? If you answered English, guess again. But don’t feel bad, the vast majority of people would answer that English

read more in here

The Official Language of the U.S. and its Impact on the Translation Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread