Status
Not open for further replies.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Same questions posed over and over in different ways, Psychology tests are set up that way. Guess they're looking to see if we all went crazy after quitting smokes :laugh: I'm a widow, 70 years old, now how often do you think I'm having sex? :lol:
Wonder why they even think that has anything to do with smoking :laugh: Unless they think we become sooooo depressed we don't want to.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
English isn't even Liscabs 3rd language is it???? (kidding Liscabs;)).

They rejected me too (59 yrs old) this isn't a first for me and with any luck, won't be the last rejection either.

Doesn't it worry anyone that they aren't openly collecting a broad spectrum of data? Seems to me they are out to prove a narrow point and targeting those that will make their assertions accurate. IDK, I would feel uncomfortable playing into the scheme.

From the lack of pattern of accept/reject here I would guess they are going for a statistical spread. A local survey company I sometimes participate with does that --- there is a computer that has been fed a bunch of variables they want to get a wide spread on, and it ticks when someone is accepted, so "spots" can fill up and close. So, for instance, they might have 3 spots for someone 40-45 and quitting in the next two weeks and smoking for only 15 years. Once those 3 are full, they would still accept someone 46-50 and quitting in next two weeks and smoking for 15 years. OR someone 40-45 NOT quitting in the next two weeks etc etc. It's all about getting a statistical spread.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
From the lack of pattern of accept/reject here I would guess they are going for a statistical spread. A local survey company I sometimes participate with does that --- there is a computer that has been fed a bunch of variables they want to get a wide spread on, and it ticks when someone is accepted, so "spots" can fill up and close. So, for instance, they might have 3 spots for someone 40-45 and quitting in the next two weeks and smoking for only 15 years. Once those 3 are full, they would still accept someone 46-50 and quitting in next two weeks and smoking for 15 years. OR someone 40-45 NOT quitting in the next two weeks etc etc. It's all about getting a statistical spread.

according to all the posts i have read in here it seems to be randomly, the only fact we have not discussed in here is if we gave a screen name or what it could looks like a real name

Wabbeln

Moved On
May 3, 2012
according to all the posts i have read in here it seems to be randomly, the only fact we have not discussed in here is if we gave a screen name or what it could looks like a real name

Just finished my third survey. All three were the pretty much the same thing. The third survey did have a new set of questions asking about frequency of certain activities. As for the user name I gave, I think I went with my real first name, and not my ecf screen name.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Just finished my third survey. All three were the pretty much the same thing. The third survey did have a new set of questions asking about frequency of certain activities. As for the user name I gave, I think I went with my real first name, and not my ecf screen name.

:confused:Those questions were on the first survey. The next 2 were supposed to come via e-mail. I haven't received any. Did you?

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
i think it has something to do with question #6, cause if you answer no to #4, #6 is not applicable and there is no n/a box to check out, anyhow that and I did not enter contact info, however those of you who did fit the profile , please keep us updated as to the results of this survey. thanks
They asked 3 sets of questions. Only the first two asked how much I smoke per day. A different forum (I think Vape-something) had the same request and said that the data was being tracked also by which forum the invitation came through. I figure this means they'll notice differences between vapers vs. people they got through other clinics or forums (who knows?) -- so if vapers give different answers as a group they will notice.

All 3 sets were the same except for that missing question on the third set. I have a feeling people from forums are more likely to rate surfing and posting as enjoyable, lol.

After hitting submit the 3rd time, I got a "Thank you! All done" screen. I assume in order to find out the results someone will have to actively track the group doing the study, whether by telephone or email or whatever. Just like news stories ...not enough "then what happened?" ever seems to show up in the papers......

The questions were about wanting vs enjoying vs doing, with lots of activities than ranged from Couch Potato Olympics to very active pursuits.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
it seems some kind of a stupid test according to my reading, TG i was not accepted
I'm just speculating here, but based on the questions and how they related them to desire and actualization, I'd say they are attempting to determine:

How much self control each individual has.
Whether or not participants use illegal drugs.
What if any activities non smokers have replaced their cigarette habit with.
Level of libido.
Closeness with family.
How physically active each individual is.
How social interaction effects addiction.

What that all adds up to I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread