Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
73f66c134ee98ae3aa0e157e9c1240bd.jpg

It's a bit stiff, but goes all the way, and springs back...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
LOL that's what she said.

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Hmmm, will see about heat issue once I get mine!
What I gathered from some reviews (Mike Vapes, to be specific) then they've either finetuned the chip, or the firmware in the RX200S and as the result, the vaping experience on the RX200S is closer to that of the DNA200 version, than to that of original RX200. He went as far as claiming that if presented with a choice that he should have to buy one of them, he'd get the RX200S over the DNA200, just because the value is amazing.
Obviously, the real deal is the real deal, if you have the coin.

I've never owned a DNA device, or one with the high end Yihi chips. I just can't justify the pricetag. I've lost one, one has died on me, one has issues with the fire button and crappy TC mode (although it shoud be fine). Now, was either of them a $100+ device, I'd be darn upset. :)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I've never owned a DNA device, or one with the high end Yihi chips. I just can't justify the pricetag. I've lost one, one has died on me, one has issues with the fire button and crappy TC mode (although it shoud be fine). Now, was either of them a $100+ device, I'd be darn upset. :)
I always bought low end mods. And when the Wismec came out with the Reuleaux RX200, I got two of them. Well last February, I found a Reuleaux DNA200 for 120 bucks online. So I had taken a chance to see what Evolv is all about. I loved the first one so much, I bought a second one. In March, the prices on the HCigar VT133 were dropping. Bought one of those and then later I bought two more. For myself, there is no turning back. I have no plans on returning to those cheap Chinese chips. They just don't last, nor do they perform as well and you just end up spending more money in the long run.

Reactions: rice721

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Interesting train of thoughts. I generally buy cheap, too. I do have one of each Reuleaux, though, and a DNA40, and a DNA20. I also have the iPV5 (does that count as a high end Yihi?).

As firmware progresses, I see (feel/hear) far less pulsing in TC mode. Beyond that, I've only had 2 devices in my possession die. One was my fault (bad wicking on one of my first RTAs led to a puddle od juice in the mod), and one is a mystery.

2 more I handed down to Stepdot - who is admittedly hard in gadgets - and she killed both within a month.

Still, 4 dead devices out of all that I own/owned is not bad.

I mean, hey, I'm still using my iStick 20 from nearly 2 years ago.

Note that I'm not counting dead ego pens lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I too have had good luck with mods. Just a Smok M65 failed (MadVapes replaced it) and a Vamo clone, the brass 510 threads wore out. But the cheap stuff just doesn't vape as good, has bugs in the firmware, and has poor indicators. Heck just the other day I caught one tank when viewed on EScribe's Device Monitor, the temperature was jumping around by +/- 50ºF during a vape (that is extreme for a DNA device). The resistance was all over the place only during vaping. Solid as a rock while not vaping. The vape seemed just ok, just a bit cooler than it should be. It turned out some film was on the 510 pin causing the instability. If this happened on Chinese cheap chips, I would have rebuilt the coil and everything and wasting a lot of time. And probably a week or two later before I figured it all out.

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Fine! Call me a cheap ....... then, bwahaha!
Then again, if we're not counting "ego pens", then I haven't had any mod -die- on me. The one that died was VapeOnly Aura Mini. The one with partially dead fire button and crappy TC is XCII. One of two buttons underneath the fire bar died, so it only works if I press the lower half.

I might cave in and get a DNA device someday soon. The new 75W ones seem right up my street. Something small-ish and compact as an alternative to my VTC mini, which I carry with me. All DNA200 are, imho, home use only.

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Nah... not quite like the DNA. The color scheme is the same, but make no mistake. This does not use the DNA board, and there will be no (current) interfacing with a computer program. Still... gotta have it!
So this new RX200 with the big screen will not be able to have the firmware updated?

Does anyone know where or when I can get an all black one or the black and red one? They will be offering different colors right?

Where can I read about the new specs for this new RX200? Is it called RX200 or RX200S?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
So this new RX200 with the big screen will not be able to have the firmware updated?

Does anyone know where or when I can get an all black one or the black and red one? They will be offering different colors right?

Where can I read about the new specs for this new RX200? Is it called RX200 or RX200S?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The new RX200S is updateable, but there are no updates yet.

At present, there is just the one finish. However, MikeVapes did successfully remoove and replace the front cover, so after market color covers are likely to be made available. If Joyetech does not make them, someone else will.

This is the official page: Reuleaux RX200S - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd When an update becomes available, it will be near the bottom of this page.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Stupid question...

If I use the RX200S at only 11 watts, will I get mad good battery life, or does it not work that way?

Also, after having read disturbing things about multi-battery mods, I bought two trios of batteries and marked each set, although I only have a dual bay charger, so they don't all get charged at the same time.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Stupid question...

If I use the RX200S at only 11 watts, will I get mad good battery life, or does it not work that way?

Also, after having read disturbing things about multi-battery mods, I bought two trios of batteries and marked each set, although I only have a dual bay charger, so they don't all get charged at the same time.
Well if the RX200S is like the RX200, I can vape through about 15ml at 10 watts. The Evolv DNA, does a third better though. As my three HCigar VT133 can vape through 15ml at 10 watts just with two batteries. My two Reuleaux DNA200 are the king of battery life. As the batteries last through about 24ml of juice. All of these tests were running on Samsung 25R (green) cells.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

PhilBrown123

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2016
vermont
www.youtube.com
well wismec is sending me one of these for review I had told them I was a little hesitant because of some of the reviews should be here in a few weeks worst case scenario I'll replace the 510 on this got my rx200 apart just need to swap to my veritube 510 thinking about buying a dna rx200 but have heard that it eats battery casings and thats a no no for me. I have replacements but dont want to have to replace them every couple weeks

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
... thinking about buying a dna rx200 but have heard that it eats battery casings and thats a no no for me. I have replacements but dont want to have to replace them every couple weeks
I love the Reuleaux DNA200s (I love the HCigar VT133s too). Battery wrap tear? Sure if you remove them like Phil Busardo does in his video. Although if you push the battery against the spring (positive away from the contact), they come out perfectly. I never had to rewrapped a single battery yet.

PhilBrown123

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2016
vermont
www.youtube.com
I love the Reuleaux DNA200s (I love the HCigar VT133s too). Battery wrap tear? Sure if you remove them like Phil Busardo does in his video. Although if you push the battery against the spring (positive away from the contact), they come out perfectly. I never had to rewrapped a single battery yet.
ok awesome thank you! I think it was on twisted420 video and suck my mods video about those lips tearing the bottom of the wraps ill watch busardo's video. thanks again I did notice that the rouleaux is cheaper then most other dna's probably because the lawsuit and trying to get rid of stock. I just see that the evolve ship seems to be the most efficient and reliable chip on the market. me personally I would rather spend extra up front then to save $50 but spend another $50 and another $50 etc etc

Reactions: BillW50

Kabong30

Feb 7, 2016
Caddo Mills, TX
Stupid question...

I run all my mods at about 27w and these things go for days with the 3000mah LGs (doo doo browns LOL). Might think about bumping up to a 4 bay charger? I don't know, my first thought it that it would be infuriating have to wait through two charge cycles for one good set of batteries, but also, I don't know if charging them on separate cycles would affect their "marital status".

Reactions: zandersig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread