NEW RoyalSmokers C-E2 R4 Review, Tips, Info, Help, Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Hey everyone. THis can be the Official Royalsmokers C-e2 R4 (Final Version) Review, Help & Tips page.

All new videos, tips and other info will be updated on this first post so you can use it as a reference. As important things are discussed in this thread I will add it here.

I'll add the video review here plus all other videos on Filling, Cleaning, Dry burning, PTB mods and anything else pertaining to the C-E2 R4 version.
If you have any questions about previous version then you can watch my youtube videos for tips on older version or you can ask here and We will try to help you.

This isnt a complaint thread for older versions so try to keep it on topic and about the C-E2 R4.

I received All my C-e2 R4's in 510 xl & 808 xl ranging from 2.8 to 3.2 ohms, I checked all the connectors on many 510 and 808 e2's to make sure none where dented and that they would fit on and work on all my devices ranging form SB, V3, Indulgence, Hello, Riva, Ego, Tekkeon variable and VGO'S which they did with no issues at all. I opened about 80 of them and did find 7 with thread issues and was able to get 4 to work.

I have a few 510 xl that came prefilled with ry4 and those where at 2.9 ohms.
They come with a filling tip which is only good for PG thin juice and not vg since they are to small but you can use a syringe and needle or like in my video a hard tipped filler. They responded in a email and said they will start providing a hard tipped pipette which will remove the need for a needle.

They come with the white mouth peace, a center ring and a inner filling plug, you can remove the plugs if you want to change the draw on them or you can remove them all and use a drip tip but you will need either the center plug or inner plug installed if your planning on keeping it on its side so it doesn't leak into the cup.

The previous versions had a leaking problem, the R4 solves this by using a sleeve to cover the cup completely to the stem so they dont seem to leak anymore and as reported by others that seems to be true for them as well. They provide you with AFL filler which is not inside the real R4, it comes in a 5 peace and is inside the package and can be used if needed behind the slits just like you would PTB them.

The C-E2 R4 has no glue or any silicone anywhere inside it, there is no filler of any kind and Primer Free. Thats what you should receive when you order the R4.

The wick has no primer and are clean but I would suggest a 10 second burn for the hell of it but no need to go though a whole dry burn since they are primer free.
After doing a quick 10 second burn I fill them up with about 1.7ml of juice and then place the mouth peace back and let that soak for a minute then vape.

The C-E2 R4 wicks better then previous version and works much better with the 2.8 to 3.1 ohm R4. Many people experienced Bad wicking with the 2.5 ohm E2 so i would suggest the 2.8 ohm and above for 3.3 volts and 3.7 volts and 4.2 volt devices, they also work wonderfully on a variable device.

My video review is below and there are more videos and tips on my youtube channel, I will keep adding videos every few days on various things like dry burning and adding ptb for those who really want to.

TIPS: How to take apart a c-e2 cartomizer

*** Some people Have asked for a SIMPLE PTB mod HOW TO. SO if you desire to PTB mod your C-E2 R4 or R3 Cartomizer then here you go. ***

***** REAL R4 PICS ******

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Im not sure, I have lower ohm ones that work well but they can still dry out once in a while and its a hotter vape which i do like but then the e2 gets to hot for the lips for some people, it seems the higher ohm solves a few issues, but if it works at a lower ohm and you like it that way then its working for you the way it should, for me both ohms are usuable but not everyone is having that experience.

while for some they might like the lower ohm's but as seen by many replies they are getting wicking issues at that range plus they complain that it burns their lips since the coil(atomizer) is on top by the lips unlike regular atomizers so the higher ohm r4 doesnt get as hot yet still produces huge vapor and helps with wicking.

Not everyone will use a drip tip, many will use it out of the box so the lower ohm might tick people off when it burns them when they take long drags.

Last edited:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
The C-E2 R4 wicks better then previous version and works much better with the 2.8 to 3.1 ohm R4.

going to a higher ohm like 3.1ohm due to using the wrong wick just makes it feel like the whole ecig gets issues though

also there seems to be no range as the 2.8 to 3.1 available, they sell 2.6 to 2.8 which is the medium range, and the 3 to 3.2 range which is their high range

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Yes but we made do with the options we had at the time and at that moment the higher ohm was needed to solve many issues, I do agree totally that 3.1 might be to high for 3.7 but others who like a light vape will like it, you still get lots of vapor at 3.1.

I prefer 2.8 to 3.0 and so far all of my packs say 3.0 ohms yet im getting 2.9 and 3.0 in every pack so thats a good thing since those are my 2 favorite ohms on the e2.

its easier for everyone to have a good vape at 3.0,3.1 or 2.9, 2.8 and at least enjoy it and then decide if they want to go lower but right now many are getting 2.5 ohms and all are complaining except a few.

I feel much more confident to suggest to someone ,"yeah get the 3.0 ohm version" knowing they will not run into the issues they might run into if i would have suggested the 2.5 ohm.

Last edited:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
ok these are the ranges they sell them in:

(very LOW range) = 2.4 to 2.6 ohms

(normal MEDIUM range) = 2.6 to 2.8 ohms

(way too HIGH range) = 3 to 3.2 ohms

right now many are getting 2.5 ohms and all are complaining except a few.

Right, 2.5 is the very LOW range, not the normal medium range, but I think that most complaints are the result of the wrong wick like when it was proven by the need for Lptb wicks.
Aren't you getting betting performance when you cut the wick off entirely and insert two small flat strips of Lptb?

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
yes but not everyone is going to ptb., and ordering the 2.6 to 2.8 range wont gaurentee more 2.8's, its so far been the opposite, the 2.6 to 2.8 ones have almost all come in at 2.6 and that still might be to low.

And since we cant get a specific ohm exactly its easier to go for the higher ohm and get the lower range of it as they seem to be or at least until they offer a 2.8 to 3.0

becuase we cant gaurentee that every e2 r4 is built the same we need to find the perfect ohm but 2.5 aint it for the masses at the moment. not at 2.5 out the box and a fresh fill.

some have more loops of coil, some have less and that also might change how it vapes etc.. so there needs to be a middle ground so the masses can open a pack, fill it up and vape like they normally vape and not have a harsh ,dry, over hot experience.

Last edited:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
no I meant ptb works better at any range, and the LOW and the HIGH ranges get the most awful issues with or without ptb

[The normal medium range:]

right now I'm using 2.7 and it's perfect, except for the wrong type of wick, but switching to their very high or very low range just makes things even worse and then it's like the entire ecig has issues

going to the very high range of 3, 3.1, 3.2 is like saying
We know that it'san awful wick, and not everyone will know how great the ptb works, so we're just going to recommend that you handicap your whole ecig by putting so much resistance that will make your ecig battery seem like it's suddenly weak :(

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
oh yes, i totally agree, but they arent going to change the wick, and some might not want to use the afl filler becuase its filler and defeats the name and purpose(fillerless) and the masses(public)will not all know about ptb.

So there needs to be a middle range for everyone then a specific range for us. but im happy at these ohms so im good. The 3.0 ohm on my silver bullet produces a nice warm vape and i can make it hot by not inhaling superfast.

Also, what might be perfect for you at 2.7 might be just to much for little old lisa who needs it at 3.0.lolol
dont you feel guilty that little old lisa might scorch her lips and burn her throat becuase she got the 2.5 ohm e2.

Last edited:

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Good thread 'bad', we needed an official r4 thread. The other was turning into a chit chat session, lets keep that for that.

My r4 808 XL is still doing well after 6 days. The menthol juice I have in there doesn't gunk up too badly, although I probably need to do a dry burn soon.

The prefilled r4 510 XL is doing well. Do you know the 'mg' level of the ry4 that was in it? I did top it off w/ my 18mg Dunhill yesterday.

So far I'm sold on the r4, sure there's minor issues but I can live w/ where they're at for now.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
If ordering from a USA supplier how does one know what "ohm" rating they are if it is not listed?

I would also post the question on their sub-forum, also some suppliers don't have the real revision 4,
but once you get them I suppose a video would also be great, I use a cheap volt-ohm meter

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I've been playing with something cleaning my R2's & 3's that might be worth trying for some of you. I haven't tried it with the filler ring in place yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work that way just as well (or on the R4's for that matter).

The wick inside the coil on my E2's gets black and gunky after just a few refills. When I cleaned the last batch I put about 3-4 drops of white wine vinegar on the coil and let the cartos "pre-soak" overnight. After a quick rinse I did a dry burn. At first I couldn't tell any difference but as I continued the dry burn the mass on the coil eventually turned to white ash. I scraped the ash off the coil using one side of a pointed tweezer, and tapped it out on the desktop. I didn't need to do a second rinse, and the wick inside the coil came out nice, white and fluffy (keep in mind most of these have been cleaned already multiple times). I'm vaping one now and the flavor is much better than when I just used water to clean them, almost like new. If you have a little vinegar in the cabinet give it a try and let me know what you think.

Edit to add: Excellent video and pictures, bad!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread