Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What sort of Blows my mind about RS/MiT is that they can't seem to Break Away from Concept of needing Tools and Syringes to fill their products. Here's a Novel Idea. Use a One Piece Cup Seal Seal and Mouth Piece that can be pulled off with a person's fingers.

That an releasing a CE2 that needs a Drip Tip to work Alienates the Anti Drip Tip Crowd. And if you are going to make a Carto with a Drip Tip, Glue the Cup Seal on the end of it.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
I keep trying to figure out how to glue a small oring type seal to the bottom of the drip tip so it seals just the top edge of the cup. I have no luck with the stock cup seals and I've been removing them for about a year or more now, cutting the tube and sticking a drip tip on so it comes flush with the top of the cup. Pull the wicks up in the slots and it works beautifully!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I keep trying to figure out how to glue a small oring type seal to the bottom of the drip tip so it seals just the top edge of the cup. I have no luck with the stock cup seals and I've been removing them for about a year or more now, cutting the tube and sticking a drip tip on so it comes flush with the top of the cup. Pull the wicks up in the slots and it works beautifully!

Kinda like this?

Breakthrough ?

OK, so I was thinking of Br's One Piece Mouth Piece (OPMP) and decided to see if I could modify a Drip Tip and make it work.

So I got out the Spare Parts box and when I was poking around for a Drip Tip I found a Black Silicone Tip that comes with a pack of CE2's.

I have about 120 of them. Never used them just like I never used the Blunt Luer-Lok Syringe. I just throw both in a bag because it makes putting the CE2's back in the box easier after Dry Burning Washing/Drying.

While holding the Black Silicone tip I thought, "Man, this is perfect. Why didn't they just make it longer and it would work?"

There was a Blinding Flash of Light and I heard the God of e-Cigs voice say, "Cut Thou Tube zoiD and Your Quest Shall Be Over."

Of course. It was so simple! I thanked the e-Cig God and got out an Exacto Knife.

I cut off about .200" from the end of a New CE2 and tried to put the Tip in. It didn't want to go. The New CE2 Tubes have a slightly Smaller ID than the Older CE2's. I tried different things but it just didn't work.

Dismayed, I though, "How can I Enlarge the Tube to except the Tip?" I poked around in my top drawer for something to force the tube wider. Nothing seemed to work.

Once more the e-Cig God commanded me. "Your Journey is Nay Complete until you Reverse Thy Course."

WTF? Wouldn't it just be easier if the e-Cig God didn't speak in Old English? I held the New CE2 in my hand for a couple of minutes. "Reverse Thy Course"? "Reverse Thy Course"?

Again with the Flash of Light.

I had it. The Battery end of the tube was Larger where they had pressed it onto the Battery Connector.

With trembling hands I pulled of the Tube and "Reversed" it. It made a good tight seal to the Battery Connector. Holding my breath, I pushed the Tip into the tube. It Fit !

I could hear Trumpets blowing as the e-Cig God proclaimed in a Thundering Voice, "Thou hast Achieved Your Reward. Go forth and Tell My Disciples what thou has Wrought."

Perhaps the Trumpets were a little Over the Top but I have found it's best to not Piss Off the e-Cig God so I just Thank him and got out my Camera.

Here is what it looks like...

z_tip.jpg

It's going to need some overnight testing but so far it is Not Leaking and the Taste is Fantastic.

Maybe the OPMP has been sitting here all along? Ironic as it may be.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Or this?

I got sick of Pulling out and Putting Seals back in when Filling. So what I do is what I call the One Piece Mouth Piece/Seal, OPMPS.

I cut the Tube down so that it is about .125" longer than the Ceramic Cup. Then I cut a Cone on the Inside of a "White" Rev"3.x" CE2 Mouth Piece. The "Coned Out" Mouth Piece becomes the Seal at the Cup.

Here's what it looks like...

opmp.jpg

Works as well as Anything else I have Seen and is a Whole Lot Easier to Remove and Replace.

This is what I'm using now and it works GREAT.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
See I don't like any lip to come down over the top of the slots where the wick is. Every time I try something that has any sort of lip over that area I get dry nasty burnt hits. I've found that pulling the wicks up on the sides to cover the slots and butting a tip directly to the top works perfectly so long as the stem stays straight. Once it gets a bit off to one side it leaks because there's an uneven gap between the base of the tip and the top of the cup. I would like to find a way to use a silicone washer of some type on the bottom of the drip tip to give it some type of seal.

Aras

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
thevaporchef.com
Why did they discontinue the deluxe? This is a step backwards. The deluxe worked fine if you just pulled the black inner cap up a bit and fluffed the wicks. I took a supreme and a deluxe to work today. After an hour, I put the deluxe on and used that. I really hope the phoenix actually works as advertised.

I think I might start dropping my nic levels down and quit entirely. Really sick of being dissapointed and trying to make things work. I was planning to give these supremes to a friend who hates the syringe, nope. Talked to him he said he would take them anyway. After a day with modded carts I went back to the deluxe. I will not give him these and tell him they work fine. It would be rude if I did...

MiT - Helping people quit vaping one carto at a time!

Last edited by a moderator:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
See I don't like any lip to come down over the top of the slots where the wick is. Every time I try something that has any sort of lip over that area I get dry nasty burnt hits. I've found that pulling the wicks up on the sides to cover the slots and butting a tip directly to the top works perfectly so long as the stem stays straight. Once it gets a bit off to one side it leaks because there's an uneven gap between the base of the tip and the top of the cup. I would like to find a way to use a silicone washer of some type on the bottom of the drip tip to give it some type of seal.

I tried going with a Flush seal but had problems with leaking. Even with Fluffed Wicks.

The Coned out Mouth Piece works well because it sit to low on the Cup Slots.

Why did they discontinue the deluxe? This is a step backwards. The deluxe worked fine if you just pulled the black inner cap up a bit and fluffed the wicks. I took a supreme and a deluxe to work today. After an hour, I put the deluxe on and used that. I really hope the phoenix actually works as advertised.

I hear you.

Seems like RS/MiT can't leave a good thing alone.

If you still need tools to take a CE2 apart, and you still need something like a Syring to fill it, is change really needed?

Last edited:

Aras

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
thevaporchef.com
If you still need tools to take a CE2 apart, and you still need something like a Syring to fill it, is change really needed?

They really took a HUGE step backwards on these. Even with the black cap in them... Deluxe is still better. They are either dry or flooded unless I hold my PV at the perfect angle. I tried to give these a good review. At fist I liked them, after modding sitting at home, put the pv in my pocket, flooded, blew the juice out, dry, tried pulling the cap out to readjust at work with a paperclip, ripped it. Pure flooding after that. Spent a few hours with them and... If the phoenix doesn't work at least as well as the deluxe I'm done with gotvapes and maybe done with vaping.

I'm really sick of watching bad in videos saying things work as advertised and receiving crap in the mail. It's happening repeatedly. Sorry badkolo but if something doesn't work, you should say they need to be modded as soon as you receive them in order to make them barely acceptable. I find it offensive.

I appreciate you trying to move the vaping world forward, but... Why do you make videos praising bad products from chinese companies that sell you crap that doesn't work?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They really took a HUGE step backwards on these. Even with the black cap in them... Deluxe is still better. They are either dry or flooded unless I hold my PV at the perfect angle. I tried to give these a good review. At fist I liked them, after modding sitting at home, put the pv in my pocket, flooded, blew the juice out, dry, tried pulling the cap out to readjust at work with a paperclip, ripped it. Pure flooding after that. Spent a few hours with them and... If the phoenix doesn't work at least as well as the deluxe I'm done with gotvapes and maybe done with vaping.

I'm sure that these New CE2's will go down the Same road that they ALL did.

Initial Release with Misc. Issues
The ECF Braintrust will start Mod-ing them.
Solutions will be Found.
RS/MiT will say that they have Fixed the Problems and make a Second Release.
New Issues with be Found.
New Mods will be Dreamed Up.
New Solutions to New Issues will be Found.
Repeat

Aras

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
thevaporchef.com
I'm sure that these New CE2's will go down the Same road that they ALL did.

Initial Release with Misc. Issues
The ECF Braintrust will start Mod-ing them.
Solutions will be Found.
RS/MiT will say that they have Fixed the Problems and make a Second Release.
New Issues with be Found.
New Mods will be Dreamed Up.
New Solutions to New Issues will be Found.
Repeat
China sucks.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
I tried going with a Flush seal but had problems with leaking. Even with Fluffed Wicks.

The Coned out Mouth Piece works well because it sit to low on the Cup Slots.

I hear you.

Seems like RS/MiT can't leave a good thing alone.

What about...

Cut the corners where the mouth piece is near the wicks in your diagram, zoiDman, so there should be a bigger cone shape at the bottom of
the mouthpiece around the cup.

Also you can make the mouthpiece longer. The carto would be slightly longer above the cup, to hold the slightly longer mouthpice.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What about...

Cut the corners where the mouth piece is near the wicks in your diagram, zoiDman, so there should be a bigger cone shape at the bottom of
the mouthpiece around the cup.

Also you can make the mouthpiece longer. The carto would be slightly longer above the cup, to hold the slightly longer mouthpice.

I think there are a Multitude of Possibilities.

I went with the Coned Out Mouth Piece idea because it Killed two Birds with One Stone.

It got rid of the Cup Seal and O-Ring that needs tools to Remove.
And it since I used a Rev”3.x” White Mouth Piece, it got rid of the 185/70-R16 Tire taste the Black Mouth Piece Tastes like.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
I think there are a Multitude of Possibilities.

I went with the Coned Out Mouth Piece idea because it Killed two Birds with One Stone.

It got rid of the Cup Seal and O-Ring that needs tools to Remove.
And it since I used a Rev”3.x” White Mouth Piece, it got rid of the 185/70-R16 Tire taste the Black Mouth Piece Tastes like.

Absolutely. Gotta fix lots of the birds.
Here is something like what I meant, what do you think?

dptp54.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Absolutely. Gotta fix lots of the birds.
Here is something like what I meant, what do you think?

dptp54.jpg

Looks good.

What are you going to use for your Mouth Peice?

I used an OEM Mouth Piece because I had Extra ones laying around. I just cut the Innner Cone with an Exacto Knife.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Looks good.

What are you going to use for your Mouth Peice?

I used an OEM Mouth Piece because I had Extra ones laying around. I just cut the Innner Cone with an Exacto Knife.

I think I have those mouthpices you use. It seems like they're the ones in my existing cartos, and I think I tried the one cone thing before, just not the second bevel at the rim but I don't have an exact knife.

The coil doesn't burn your mouthpiece with an inner cone cut out?

I

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think I have those mouthpices you use. It seems like they're the ones in my existing cartos, and I think I tried the one cone thing before, just not the second bevel at the rim but I don't have an exact knife.

The coil doesn't burn your mouthpiece with an inner cone cut out?

I

No, haven't seen any burning or even any melting on it. And some of them have been used for a Long Time.

I think the Whilte one's I think were Silicone where as the Black ones were Rubber.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
China sucks.

Actually there are some Companies in China that are starting to get it.

Meaning, some have started to design better, more user friendly cartos than RS/MiT.

It's kinda like when you are being Chased by a Bear. You don't have to be able to Run Fast. Just Faster than the Bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread