New shopping cart

New shopping cart

• Go with the new shopping cart i dont making a new account

• Stay withthe shopping cart now in use.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnp1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm toying with the idea of switching to a new shopping cart, with built in order tracking, built in ticket system, much easier and straightforward checkout, built in points system, and a few other goodies. basically it will fix some things i think would make a better experience for my customers. the only drawback will be i dont think i migrate the user accounts over to the new cart. so im basically asking you if everyone would like a new shopping experience with the only downsde being to create a new account on the server. let me know what you all think.

Last edited:

bluewraith

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
Peru, IN
I'm all for upgrades. :)

Really, the only thing I see that I might miss from the current set up is the ability to see my older orders, and how much it was for. Really though, its not something that I'm not able to live without though. I'm sure the new system will have something similar too.

And whats this points system? Hrm?? :)

shawnp1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
points system will reward points for each purchase depending on dollar amounts. you can redeem them for free products :) yes that would be the only downfall is not being able to see old orders. im not sure i will change until i get some feedback. im all for doing stuff to help the customers as this new cart will cost me 3x more a month then the one im using now but i dont mind that as long as it makes things easier, and better for the customer.

Ghalenlee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Manchester, CT
Do you know of a site that is using the cart you are considering using? Might help some to have a look at it first.

I already voted. Creating a new account is no big deal. I have all my order print outs still and have the email invoices, so losing past orders is not a big deal.

How the shopping carts work or look is not a big deal to me as long as it's secure. I guess you need to weigh the expense against the functionality that you're looking for. And whether or not you would have to pay for all the features separately and what that would cost. Is it also going to make the processing of orders easier for you as well as the customers?

Whatever you go with is fine with me.

shawnp1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The new shopping cart is well on track to be completed here shortly. there will be alot more user friendly features included. also a rewards system will be inplace. just a little way of saying thank you to all my customers. i will keep the old shopping cart active for a few months and a link to it the new cart, so everyone can still check in on their old orders if interested.

Last edited:

shawnp1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ok just a heads up on friday afternoon we will be switching over to the new cart. there should only be minimal downtime during the switch. you may still be directed to the cart now inplace but there will be a popup and redirect in place till everything is fully transferred. With any luck there will be no waiting for you to still place your order and u can browse around and get familiar with the new site. I have done my best to make this as customer friendly as possible i hope you all find it to your liking. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread