New silver vein / Chalice III "family photo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
Got my new silver vein (door only) all clear coated yesterday, it was easy-peasy. I used Rustoleum gloss clear enamel from Lowe's, less than $4 for a rattle-can. I was nervous about it because I always end up with runs and sags when I paint something, but I kept the can about a foot away and put on about 5 coats over the course of a few hours. I think it turned out great.

I agonized over the color choice for a new Reo for months, not really a big fan of the bright colors. I think they all look great, but I personally prefer a more subtle mod to carry around with me.

The Chalice is, as I said elsewhere, "elegant". This setup will be the one I take with me to the opera, the symphony, and $5000/plate political fund raisers, my other I'll keep for when I go shoot rats at the town dump or go noodling for catfish at the river.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 165

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You could swap doors around with that pair too.

For when you want to shoot rats - at the political fundraisers.

Got my new silver vein (door only) all clear coated yesterday, it was easy-peasy. I used Rustoleum gloss clear enamel from Lowe's, less than $4 for a rattle-can. I was nervous about it because I always end up with runs and sags when I paint something, but I kept the can about a foot away and put on about 5 coats over the course of a few hours. I think it turned out great.

I agonized over the color choice for a new Reo for months, not really a big fan of the bright colors. I think they all look great, but I personally prefer a more subtle mod to carry around with me.

The Chalice is, as I said elsewhere, "elegant". This setup will be the one I take with me to the opera, the symphony, and $5000/plate political fund raisers, my other I'll keep for when I go shoot rats at the town dump or go noodling for catfish at the river.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009

That Chalice is sexy on the REO...that's my All day, every day setup....Chalice III on my REO Grand metal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread