Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY

Conclusion:
Now I'm thinking Provape close the doors because FDA make a partnership proposal and they refuse. Evolve accept because they are still able to sell their Chips and make money and FDA can do whatever they want to regulate the vaping industry (at least in US), or one more weapon I don't know.
Why Provape and Evolve??? 1st - They are American. 2nd - Because the pick two of the biggest popular and reputable in the vaping Industry for we believe what they say is true.

This is sad.... Really sad!
I am wrong????? Maybe...
But fell free to share your thoughts.

!?

Did you link the wrong video ?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Ohhh !
I check my rayon wicks to make sure they didn't shrink or stretch out of the coil... and re-mush them in with 2 straight pins, one from each side - I kind of pick up a tad of wick with the pins and mush into the coil.
:)

I have used this method in my last two re-wicks. It works really well, thanks.

Reactions: classwife

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Thanks for posting this study, mikepetro. Before I saw your post I had found another similar experiment, based on actual temperature and not wattage, and while the experiments are completely different, they yield nearly identical results.

Here's the study I found: Safe Vape Temperatures
20-25 watts on a 1.6 ohm coil in a kayfun........um, YEAH that would be too hot. of interest to note is that carbonyl production only jumped up (while still lower then cigarettes in the range of 2 to 32 times for formaldehyde and from 600 to 2100 time for acetaldehyde) when at wattages that would be way to hot and unpleasant based upon the equipment used. What this study has confirmed, is what we have known all along....dry hits are bad.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
20-25 watts on a 1.6 ohm coil in a kayfun........um, YEAH that would be too hot. of interest to note is that carbonyl production only jumped up (while still lower then cigarettes in the range of 2 to 32 times for formaldehyde and from 600 to 2100 time for acetaldehyde) when at wattages that would be way to hot and unpleasant based upon the equipment used. What this study has confirmed, is what we have known all along....dry hits are bad.

Really hot hits but still short of a dry hit are likely not the greatest either. However, we all need to stick to the vape style that bests prevents returning to smoking. If that means you're only happier on the warmer side, you're still better off.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Really hot hits but still short of a dry hit are likely not the greatest either. However, we all need to stick to the vape style that bests prevents returning to smoking. If that means you're only happier on the warmer side, you're still better off.
maybe, but the carbonyl production was still "relatively" low at 15 watts.......15 watts on the set up used would have been a pretty warm vape. For comparison, I am running 20 watts in an Orchid with a .4 ohm build (well, .37 actually)....pleanty of warmth and vapor produced.

Reactions: KurtF

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
maybe, but the carbonyl production was still "relatively" low at 15 watts.......15 watts on the set up used would have been a pretty warm vape. For comparison, I am running 20 watts in an Orchid with a .4 ohm build (well, .37 actually)....pleanty of warmth and vapor produced.
the vaper's subjective notes on the various wattages:
Table 4.

Qualitative subjective perception of generated vapours at varying wattages.

Battery output Fragrance Vapour density Vapour temperature Miscellaneous
5 W
Little taste Unsatisfactory Insufficient
10 W Nice Nice Nice
15 W Still ok (borderline) Ok Perceived as being the same as at 10 Watt
20 W Perception of changed aroma (more sugar-like) Too dense Too hot Hurts in the throat
25 W Unpleasant Too dense Far too hot Not only the vapour but also the device is becoming too hot

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
the vaper's subjective notes on the various wattages:
Table 4.

Qualitative subjective perception of generated vapours at varying wattages.

Battery output Fragrance Vapour density Vapour temperature Miscellaneous
5 W
Little taste Unsatisfactory Insufficient
10 W Nice Nice Nice
15 W Still ok (borderline) Ok Perceived as being the same as at 10 Watt
20 W Perception of changed aroma (more sugar-like) Too dense Too hot Hurts in the throat
25 W Unpleasant Too dense Far too hot Not only the vapour but also the device is becoming too hot
What this tells me as the vaper liked it at 10w, and might have gone up to 15w, but probably would have gone back down over time, maybe to something in between. Again, vapers self regulate to an enjoyable vape, which seems to coincide with low to non-existent levels of whatever people are looking for.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What this tells me as the vaper liked it at 10w, and might have gone up to 15w, but probably would have gone back down over time, maybe to something in between. Again, vapers self regulate to an enjoyable vape, which seems to coincide with low to non-existent levels of whatever people are looking for.

It does make me wonder (anything to keep this thread going) if in addition to slowly raising the power to reach our "sweet spot" maybe once we do is back off a few watts and see if it's still good. If it is, then we're running a few watts lower, which will at least extend battery life, and maybe increase whatever chance there may be to reduce thermal breakdown.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It does make me wonder (anything to keep this thread going) if in addition to slowly raising the power to reach our "sweet spot" maybe once we do is back off a few watts and see if it's still good. If it is, then we're running a few watts lower, which will at least extend battery life, and maybe increase whatever chance there may be to reduce thermal breakdown.
I just kind of figure that happens somewhat organically. You know, say you find you like a vape on a certain coil in a certain atomizer at 50w, but then you notice you're getting the occasional dry hit, or your coils are gunking up more than usual, or you're changing wicks more frequently, so then you back off to 45w and it's just as good but no more issues.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I posted this in the beyond Ni200 thread yesterday and got no reply.
TC is related to heat so I guess it's on topic here...

I'm baffled and amazed.
Will twisted SS always beat the .... out of single strand SS coils in TC?

All builds got the slightly browned cotton to set the correct TCR.
All builds tested on 5 different SX350j Boxers with same results between them.
All built using as much metal as possible aiming for as close to .2Ω as possible.
All tested using Sally's rayon cellucotton wicked correctly.

Twisted dual Unk SS430 28ga @ 420F and 50J = good but too airy in 30mm Plus
Twisted dual Unk SS430 28ga @ 420F and 50J = awesome in 25mm Boreas.
...so I tried some thicker ga single strand and...
Dual 316L 26ga @ 420F/50J = calling it lame is generous in 23mm 'mizer V2.
Dual 430 26ga Zivipf @ 420F/50J = same lame result in 23mm 'mizer V2.

Same tank using twisted 28ga dual Unk SS430 @ same settings...
Glorious. The angels are singing.

I thought the 'mizer was just a crappy tank for TC.
Tried twisted Unk as the last chance and holy toledo. Same as in the Boreas.
6/5 wraps of 3mm id twisted 28ga just fits.
Clouds of tasty vapor instead of weak, barely-taste-it hits of dryness.

I tried twisted in VW mode before and it barely made any difference compared to single strand IMO. How could it make such an amazing difference in TC?

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I twisted a few extra feet of that 28ga Unk. I like it.

Twisted SS & Knuckles.jpg

KurtF

Jan 15, 2017
North Carolina, USA
I think that's what makes these experiments so valuable. They answer the question: can I taste it when the formaldehyde is at unsafe levels, or tobacco levels. And as I taste vape, and compare vape temps used with my own, the answer is "not quite". The borderline temp, 215C or 420F, tastes as good as 460F. I switch to 400F for safety and I'm still satisfied.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Of course, more information is always good,

I passionately disagree with this.

As evidenced by my many disagreements with z.

Direct relevance of accurate information is important.

Anything else skews the scales, twists the point and clouds the view.

Watch the news and follow politics for just one night and this should be obvious.

When I see 200 pages discussed on streamlined information I see 200 pages of confusion clouding a simple concept.

Sure there are rare snippets of gold.

But then often they're lost in all the turds.

Diamonds buried by the rough never to be discovered again.

Needless to say "we need to discuss this important information to unrecognizable, rigamortis ridden death" isn't something I ascribe to as useful.

To interject with the thought that we have to riddle that discussion with every imaginary scenario we can think of is unimaginable logically to me.

Tapatyped

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

Watch the news and follow politics for just one night and this should be obvious.

When I see 200 pages discussed on streamlined information I see 200 pages of confusion clouding a simple concept.

Needless to say "we need to discuss this important information to unrecognizable, rigamortis ridden death" isn't something I ascribe to as useful.

To interject with the thought that we have to riddle that discussion with every imaginary scenario we can think of is unimaginable logically to me.

Tapatyped
I don't blame the information for the ways people misunderstand, misinterpret, or misuse the information.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Tapatyped

b'dog, wow. You said it all, and I loved your post.

Reactions: beckdg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread