StoolsInPools.png

Reactions: Eskie

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I have found my future vocation. I was SO born to be a "data journalist".

Find GG Allin's TED Talk. He was less violent in it than usual.
He mentions Cantone's (club, bar, ....hole) in Boston.
They considered themselves part of the 70's Boston punk scene. LOL

I roadied for The Sickness one night in '79 to Cantones. One night was enough.
Sick, gross, violent and too intense for Cantones. Very fun show but the wrong venue!
They got through most of the show before we got thrown out.
It was fun but it's no surprise that GG dissed that club.
Find that GG Allin TED talk for a fun watch.

ON TOPIC CONTENT ALERT!
Rumor was San Miguel (Filipino) beer used formaldehyde in their brewing process. I drank a lot of it in Olongapo City PI in the 80's but never vaped San Miguel and wouldn't have been able to identify if any side effects were the result of stinky beer or something else.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I don't blame the information for the ways people misunderstand, misinterpret, or misuse the information.
No.

But I blame the focus being on more (of the wrong) information for distracting from useful information.

Tapatyped

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Thanks Darling. Always a pleasure.

(Les too. He's a great guy.)

Tapatyped
You too, of course.

I like debate, just like I like information. I do recognize that many people have trouble filtering information though, and there are people who manipulate it to make the public think things that just aren't true.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Gotta say I totally agree with you Lessifer
yes3.gif
I do too.

You too, of course.

I like debate, just like I like information. I do recognize that many people have trouble filtering information though, and there are people who manipulate it to make the public think things that just aren't true.

Though, I was more referring to it being totally drown out and buried by logical nonsense, imagination and hypotheticals.

Filtering and manipulation is one thing. But when it can't be found because of 20 pages of "what if" to every informative post...

Tapatyped

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Though, I was more referring to it being totally drown out and buried by logical nonsense, imagination and hypotheticals.

Filtering and manipulation is one thing. But when it can't be found because of 20 pages of "what if" to every informative post...

You got it Beck. I've been following this thread since the beginning. I have the feeling one of the biggest issues is not too many people who have posted have actually watched the videos. Or maybe they just didn't notice some of the things in them I did. I left it alone because I'm not into drama and it just seemed better to me this way.

Then again I may be a bit 'hardened' to this stuff. I just don't get all riled up as easily as I did the first dozen (or so :) ) times I've read that what or how we're vaping might not be good for us. I do believe data is almost always a good thing and I did get useful info from this thread which made me re-think what I'm doing and I like that. But I'm careful in evaluating the data for myself .. and staying away from the drama works for me.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Funnily enuf, as I was typing, I was thinking the PREZACT same thing, Ryedan! Where HAVE you been hangin' out?

Well, between a new job and just generally life getting the better of me, I've been busy :)

I still really enjoy hangin' here when I do, it's just not as often as I used to :(

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Tales get told for a reason.
What is being told is but one side of a coin.
Who tells it and why does it get told to thee ?

Be thou wary of information, any information.
Be thou asking thyself of a hidden agenda.
Be wondering thyself of clandestine motives.

Alternative facts, fake news, spin doctoring, PR, 'editing',...
The trove of truth stashed away behind a maze of mirrors in a lair or lies...

Poor poetry aside, the anti-vaping interests are aware of the mounting science against their 'cause'.
So the attempt to 'spin' some findings into an armageddon scenario don't come as a surprise.
The fact that vapers do know that vaping is not safe - but way safer than lighting up - is conveniently ignored.
Billboards dipicting vapers as sheep - cheap shots like that show that there aren't any arrows left in their quiver.

Still, an interesting study.
What have I got right now ?
A trusty iclear30, 1.85 ohms, on an eleaf 40, running perfectly fine at 8.0 watts.
Vape on :)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've never found anxiety about safety to be the most effective way to keep myself safe. I use 1% flavoring in my DIY because it tastes better to me. I want a low watt vape, not to avoid bad chemicals, but so that I can carry a smaller rig with a single 18650 that will last all day.

I ride a motorcycle. I do balance practice relentlessly, not because it keeps me safer (even though it does), but because I'm addicted to skill on the bike. I owned and operated a small boutique manufacturing facility for some years. I perfected the guarding on the various machines. Yes everybody was safer but the biggest benefit was we all went home more relaxed and were more effective the next day because the work was easier.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Do you folks think my vape setup is in the safe range...

I'm running twisted 26g kanthal @ 0.56 ohms @ 18-19watts.
Just a single coil in my kayfuns.

Love my vape, hoping it's relatively safe. Thx

You're right down the center lane SMT. No worries, if warmer than I like.

(Me personally I'm not guided by strictly wraps or watts. I'd drop a gauge, add some turns for better coverage, perhaps more wicking and watts to get there.)

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread