Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
As mentioned previously, because of this thread I'm doing a cotton test twice a week when I rewick. My builds seem to be stable and the cotton barely singhes at 420 F.
It's possible that the temperature is fairly accurate at the 420℉ setting but not the 330℉ though.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
I say this with the utmost respect, and good intent:

While maybe not put the most politely, pretty much everything said in the thread is true. The tech may be what you love, and what got you off the stinkies, but it is a bit dated. Both in functionality and safety standards.

Maybe its time you looked at some of the Pod Mods hitting the market, like the juul. The tech has come has come a long way since the Spinner/Iclear days. Its quite a bit safer now, and they have automatic ones too.
:banana:
WHAT!!!!! They have an auto! I am going to check that out. Thank you. I know it is weird, but I use both hands pretty much all day and autos simplify my life.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
:banana:
WHAT!!!!! They have an auto! I am going to check that out. Thank you. I know it is weird, but I use both hands pretty much all day and autos simplify my life.
Highly recommend you try a pod mod or two. I have a Cync (which I don't recommend), three Myjets which I like, and a Twelve Juno on its way in the mail :)

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
Highly recommend you try a pod mod or two. I have a Cync (which I don't recommend), three Myjets which I like, and a Twelve Juno on its way in the mail :)
Does the Myjet and the Twelve Juno have TC? I can not seem to find that out about those two. And since I have seen two now that are set too high by the manufacturers makes me leery. I think Mike is right about the temp being the issue with all of our different vaping ways.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Does the Myjet and the Twelve Juno have TC? I can not seem to find that out about those two. And since I have seen two now that are set too high by the manufacturers makes me leery. I think Mike is right about the temp being the issue with all of our different vaping ways.
No they don't have temp control, most pod mods don't. The Myjet has a cooler hit than my tank mods so I'm fine without it. I also think this thread has some people overly worried and I pointed out in earlier posts that while some TC devices are pretty accurate others can be over 50 deg F off so do your homework before buying a TC mod. :) I'm always on the lookout for new pod mods and I saw Apollo no longer Sells the brez. Must have been a dud.apollo sells overpriced stuf anyway.

Last edited:

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
The thing is that the study showed exactly how I like to vape on my auto with an iclear16 so I have to find a replacement that will hopefully be safer. So it looks like the Juul fits the bill. I hope it fits my lanyard. I will slowly use up my stash of iclears. If only the nautis worked on an auto battery. LOL

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
A lot of the new Pods are coming with Temp Limiting vs Temp Control. In other words it limits the temp to some value, say 450 degrees. Not really Temp Control as in you cant dial in a temp, they just establish an upper limit that it wont let the Pod exceed. Juul is an example.

I know of one such Pod, still on the designer block, that embeds a chip in the juice pod itself which tells the Pod Mod what temp to run at. This was so they could have different temps for different juices, presumably to account for different boiling points.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Probably that your temperature reading isn't accurate.

I've had more than one person tell me that at temperatures below the boiling point I should expect little if any vapor.

I have to disagree. The "boiling point" is not like some magic switch in which suddenly vapor is made and 10-20-50F below the boiling point zero vapor is generated.

While many of us who mix our own juice know exactly what goes into the juice and from the charts posted earlier in the thread a "boiling point" dependent on only the juice make up (for example: VG/H2O) can be found however those that use "store bought juice" have no idea what exactly goes into it or could be reasonably expected to know what the boiling point of the juice is (unless they test specifically for it of course).

I think that the overall answer is a little of all three: temperature reading on the mod is pessimistic, juice gives off usable amounts of vapor below the boiling point and lastly the boiling point of the juice is not actually in the 5xxF range or even the mid to high 4xxF range.

I believe that the boiling point simply represents the temperature of the MAXIMUM vapor production. Not when it starts/stops.

Reactions: mikepetro

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 14, 2012
    Orlando
    Got a Juul with 15% off WITHOUT having to do the auto shipping. Found this code QSC15 for the discount. Which is good since I also ordered a MyJet. Hard to resist the refillable pods when you have 500 bottles of juice laying around. LOL I came so close to getting the Phix but I don't know about a ceramic coil.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Got a Juul with 15% off WITHOUT having to do the auto shipping. Found this code QSC15 for the discount. Which is good since I also ordered a MyJet. Hard to resist the refillable pods when you have 500 bottles of juice laying around. LOL I came so close to getting the Phix but I don't know about a ceramic coil.
    I used to use ceramic wicks back in the Genny days. I have to say it was by the cleanest tasting wicking material I have ever tried. I dont know what kind of ceramic the Phix uses, but the 60 grit aluminum oxide stuff we used was great. Assuming the wicks get replaced with each POD I wouldnt hesitate a bit. Long term they do clog and would need a way to be burned out if not replaced.

Reactions: Pamawoman

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    This does suggest to me that if one wants to minimize the "nasties" without temperature regulation, DIY is very useful if not critical to managing the factors involved.

Knowing more about one's vape is always a good idea. Understanding boiling point, heat flux of the coil, as well as length and repetition of draws are all things I now can evaluate. Good stuff!

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    This does suggest to me that if one wants to minimize the "nasties" without temperature regulation, DIY is very useful if not critical to managing the factors involved.

Knowing more about one's vape is always a good idea. Understanding boiling point, heat flux of the coil, as well as length and repetition of draws are all things I now can evaluate. Good stuff!
    i diy 50/50+/- 500mls at a time,, thinking about putting 10% h2o in the mix now. 24w-29w @.35Ω +/-,,,,,,i chain vape,,, but i am wondering about the temp of the coil at only a couple of seconds,, (thats about how long of a drag i take)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread