Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
just curious,, what is the highest known temp any mod will go?

i dont use tempts,, and to be honest i only look at mod watt ranges.
Mechs can go really high, regulated mods always have some limit, for example DNAs wont go above 600f, but the limit varies from brand to brand..

However, at about 505f I could taste the start of burnt, much higher than that and you REALLY taste it. So I think "users" will limit themselves at that point.

Reactions: kross8

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I will just say this, as i have set back and followed this forum and kept quiet. It's all BS!! Vaping has allowed me to stop something far more destructive... cigs. We now have information and have for while that allows us to make informed choices. Big gov needs to stop this BS. If i want to vape dangerous flavors or vape at a high heat levels then so be it, get the f out my way and choices. I respect vaping in public and i walk the line out of that respect though it's not warranted but i respect others ignorance. Us vapers are not hurting anyone damn it we are trying to better are own health being previous smokers. It's just time the stupid BS stops, let me die if so be it to vaping if it causes that, god knows smoking was going to kill me anyway. I still believe til i take my last breath that vaping is far less harmful then cig smoking. Let me die vaping, but i feel better live better while i am alive, i guess what i am saying is vaping is going to what kill me later then what a cig will. ..well let me live longer so be it. And i don't believe vaping will kill me but cigs will. Vaping might have health issues, but compare it to a cig.

Reactions: Nermal

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
There's no toasting-with-coffee emoji :thumbs:
upload_2017-5-28_20-50-11.jpeg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I will just say this, as i have set back and followed this forum and kept quiet. It's all BS!! Vaping has allowed me to stop something far more destructive... cigs. We now have information and have for while that allows us to make informed choices. Big gov needs to stop this BS. If i want to vape dangerous flavors or vape at a high heat levels then so be it, get the f out my way and choices. I respect vaping in public and i walk the line out of that respect though it's not warranted but i respect others ignorance. Us vapers are not hurting anyone damn it we are trying to better are own health being previous smokers. It's just time the stupid BS stops, let me die if so be it to vaping if it causes that, god knows smoking was going to kill me anyway. I still believe til i take my last breath that vaping is far less harmful then cig smoking. Let me die vaping, but i feel better live better while i am alive, i guess what i am saying is vaping is going to what kill me later then what a cig will. ..well let me live longer so be it. And i don't believe vaping will kill me but cigs will. Vaping might have health issues, but compare it to a cig.
I agree with most of this post except the "It's all BS!!" part.

It's not BS get the info out there that allows vapers to make better-informed choices. I'm confident that Mike would be one of the last people on earth to suggest that someone shouldn't be allowed to vape dangerous flavors if they want to, or that they should be prevented from vaping without TC if that's what they want.

Personally, I choose to avoid "dangerous flavors", but I choose to use mechanical mods despite the fact that the risk of a battery incident is higher than it would be with a regulated mod, and the fact (now proven by Mike) that they might allow my coil temperatures to exceed the threshold at which certain nasties could be produced.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
A few other interesting snippets from that study:

Results in Table 2 show that emissions from tobacco cigarettes are from 2 to 32 times higher for formaldehyde and from 600 to 2100 time higher for acetaldehyde depending on the battery output of the e-cigarette and the tar-yield of the tobacco cigarette.
I dont think vaping being better for you than smoking is much of a debate, certainly not one being made by me. This is more of a "if it can be safer, then why not make it so" thing. Also, remember the context of that statement was in regards to Gen 3 devices. There is that whole Dr Kurt thing of CE4s being even worse than cigarettes with regards to formaldehyde. I dont use CE4s, but many people do.

this study shows that vapers self-limit themselves and that it is unlikely that they choose wattages which lead to very high carbonyl emissions
I quoted this one myself. But note the use of the quantitative term "very high". I firmly believe that really high levels will stop a vaper dead in his tracks while he inspects his coil or whatever. The part that concerns me, is "if" Wang is right (and even Guiss said something similar), I cant taste anything bad between the temps of 410 and 500ish. "If" something is going on in that range, my tastebuds/throat/lungs are not protecting me from it.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I agree with most of this post except the "It's all BS!!" part.

It's not BS get the info out there that allows vapers to make better-informed choices. I'm confident that Mike would be one of the last people on earth to suggest that someone shouldn't be allowed to vape dangerous flavors if they want to, or that they should be prevented from vaping without TC if that's what they want.

Personally, I choose to avoid "dangerous flavors", but I choose to use mechanical mods despite the fact that the risk of a battery incident is higher than it would be with a regulated mod, and the fact (now proven by Mike) that they might allow my coil temperatures to exceed the threshold at which certain nasties could be produced.

OH don't get me wrong i pay attention very closely and agree that certain flavors are dangerous and certain heat levels produce bad things, as i don't vape flavors given. I also don't vape high wattage either i am a tootle poofer. I just mean let's stop telling people what to do when there is information to make informed decisions.

Reactions: mikepetro

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
let's let people make their own informed decisions based on what is out there. I don't vape in ways based on those decisions whether it be gov or insider studies. But let's let people make their own decisions and meanwhile keep pushing for studies and information. I pay attention to both sides with a open mind

Reactions: mikepetro

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I dont disagree you with a bit. Those who have known me for while will validate that "To each their own vape" is a long standing moto of mine. Heck, I just said the same thing in another thread yesterday.

My efforts in this thread arent about regulation, or telling anybody what they can or cant do. My efforts are about finding the safest ways to vape, for those who care about such things.

Personally, I strongly suspect that cloud warriors doing direct lung hits of massive amounts of juice on quintuple coils at high heat levels is probably not very healthy, and in most cases its not about keeping the nico-demon at bay either, but that is their choice, and until this very moment I have never expressed that belief publicly.

To each their own vape!

Personally, if I can find a safer way to do it and still keep the nico-demon off my azz, then I am open to exploring it. I also feel the communal sense of obligation to share what I learn with others.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
you would just have to understand what is going on here in Indiana to feel my pain
Actually, I followed that thread/issue pretty close. You all got a raw deal, and it "appears" to have been more about lining pockets than anything else. I am glad its starting to get a little bit better, or at least it sounds like it is.

Reactions: Eskie

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
you would just have to understand what is going on here in Indiana to feel my pain

I feel you DeAnna.

I don't live in Indiana. But have closely followed the Constantly Evolving Train Wreck that many Indiana Legislators and Pence have put you thru since Day 1.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
i take heed, i vape at low wattage and don't vape eliquids that are known to show harm. Course who knows what time will reveal, but right now i take heed to studies from both sides. I don't play this gov is wrong only our side knows what's best for us kinda stuff, i pay attention to both sides and make my choices.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I feel you DeAnna.

I don't live in Indiana. But have closely followed the Constantly Evolving Train Wreck that many Indiana Legislators and Pence have put you thru since Day 1.

It's just like you said..a train wreck. I ordered from halo as they have my fav eliquid and not sure if they are going to fill my order. It's just BS

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I now vape with TC because of this thread. I still haven't found my sweet spot but I am getting close. I still get my nic fix and that's what is important to me. I do still follow this thread hoping that one of the tests will be on a build like mine and if found safe I will go back to kanthal which for me is still the best vape.

I have a VV mod for a few weeks, and I have a VW mod. My offer is still open if you want to send me an atty and a couple of coils. Just let me look up the atty first to see if I would stand a prayer of getting a probe in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread