OneBadWolf

Account closed on request
Aug 14, 2015
Study Reveals E-Cigarette Vapor No More Dangerous Than Air | The Daily Caller

Business
New Study Claims E-Cigarette Vapor No More Dangerous Than Air
Guy Bentley
7:43 PM 07/17/2015
Inhaling vapor from E-cigarettes is as safe as breathing air, according to a new paper that compared two E-cigarettes with regular cigarettes and air.

Research published in Toxicology in Vitro used a combination of tests to find out whether E-cigarette vapor is harmful to people’s airways. To model the possible harmful effect of E-cigarette vapor, which contains among other things nicotine and flavorings, British American tobacco partnered with tissue engineering firm MatTek to use a smoking robot with respiratory tissue.

After six hours of exposure to tobacco smoke, cells died off but after an “aggressive and continuous” dose of vapor, the effect on airway tissue was “similar to that of air.”

“By employing a combination of a smoking robot and a lab-based test using respiratory tissue, it was possible to demonstrate the ability to induce and measure aerosol irritancy and to show that the different e-cigarette aerosols used in this study have no cytotoxic effect on human airway tissue,” said BAT spokesperson Dr Marina Murphy.

{REMOVED}

Read more: Study Reveals E-Cigarette Vapor No More Dangerous Than Air | The Daily Caller

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hulamoon

OneBadWolf

Aug 14, 2015
Must not have been 5 pawns ejuice in the test ;)
Seriously though what did they vape? What wattage, etc.
And this did nothing to address possible long term effects of vaping.

They didn't consult me as far as their methodology. I didn't commission it either. So, Seriously, whine at them. Would you care to have me pass your contact information on to them? Just a few details first, Your PHD is in what exactly, and what journals are you published in?

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
They didn't consult me as far as their methodology. I didn't commission it either. So, Seriously, whine at them. Would you care to have me pass you contact information on to them? Just a few details first, Your PHD is in what exactly, and what journals are you published in?

So my analysis/questions were invalid? If not.....

OneBadWolf

Aug 14, 2015
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Inappropriate

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
The study is pretty vague. From the study:"
After six hours of exposure to tobacco smoke, cells died off but after an “aggressive and continuous” dose of vapor, the effect on airway tissue was “similar to that of air.”

So how long was the vapor exposure?

Also this: While the authors of the study confirm the consensus view that E-cigarettes are far less harmful than regular tobacco products they say that “further studies are required to fully assess their safety for long-term use”

seems like they agree with me?

Read more: Study Reveals E-Cigarette Vapor No More Dangerous Than Air | The Daily Caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread