New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I have seen some posts that some add nic after steeping...I have always added mine at mixing...is there a difference?

btw..mixed some island tob ..very good...steeping now...added a drop of caramel...:)
I started adding flavors and pg/vg awhile ago. It seems to be a pretty good difference, by adding the nic. after 24-48 hrs for fruit. 3 days - 2 weeks for tobaccos.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
The Dunhill is totally different to me. I call the Dunhill, Mrs. Butterworth's Smokin Pancakes....lol. Taste is subjective. Honestly it's a bit rich for me. The Wenston, 555, Ry4, and Desert Ship resemble the Real Cig.

Awe man jimi! I was just fixin to order. You're saying dunhill is sweet? I can just try one of the above. Which has the best TH? And.. Any other opinions of dunhill? (In case jimi's overloaded on all the flavors he's been trying. :) )

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Awe man jimi! I was just fixin to order. You're saying dunhill is sweet? I can just try one of the above. Which has the best TH? And.. Any other opinions of dunhill? (In case jimi's overloaded on all the flavors he's been trying. :) )
It's sweet for me, but may not be for you. Have you tried the Virginia Flue Cure yet? That one has the best cig taste to me.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I'm so cunfused. I think somebody tasted sweet in the real cig too. My tastes are shot. I just know what I like.

I've read great things on 555 too. Got some HFC in the cart. But need one more.

OH! Coupon code somebody please?????
Try the Old Captain.. I would love to hear about that flavor.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
It's sweet for me, but may not be for you. Have you tried the Virginia Flue Cure yet? That one has the best cig taste to me.

Yeah, I don't find the Dunhill particularly sweet. I do think as some have mentioned the sweetness lessens the longer they steep. Seems that way to me anyway.

I would think that someone who likes Real Cig would like Dunhill also. It's just a bit tamer, and more flavorful, but it still has a pretty good kick to it in my opinion. I agree with the Virginia having a cig taste, but tamer yet than the Dunhill.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Ok folks I have several fruits I am not into enough to keep--- great flavors but we prefer the tobaccos and kinda have our favorite fruits down pat. If anybody is looking for some of the non-tobaccos PM me-- I need to try some of the new tobaccos and can't justify another purchase without clearing out some of what I have so if anyone is looking let me know.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
The Dunhill is totally different to me. I call the Dunhill, Mrs. Butterworth's Smokin Pancakes....lol. Taste is subjective. Honestly it's a bit rich for me. The Wenston, 555, Ry4, and Desert Ship resemble the Real Cig.

I am still steeping the Dunhill---sounds like I may like it....:laugh: So since you put those flavors in the same category of Real Cig can someone continue along that line and put the other tobaccos in categories for me and everyone else. Like Parliment, Old Captain, Mild Seven. Seven Stars, Blended, etc. If someone can make a post about the flavor spectrum of the tobaccos that would be good.

I know the ones I like so far are more on the pipe/cigar side of the line but I also like Island tobacco. Anyways maybe one of you experts (Cyrus or Rick) could list the tobaccos by attributes dry to sweet etc to make it easier to know which ones we would want. They got alot of tobaccos now and its hard to know the flavor spectrum off a name only...lol

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I am still steeping the Dunhill---sounds like I may like it....:laugh: So since you put those flavors in the same category of Real Cig can someone continue along that line and put the other tobaccos in categories for me and everyone else. Like Parliment, Old Captain, Mild Seven. Seven Stars, Blended, etc. If someone can make a post about the flavor spectrum of the tobaccos that would be good.

I know the ones I like so far are more on the pipe/cigar side of the line but I also like Island tobacco. Anyways maybe one of you experts (Cyrus or Rick) could list the tobaccos by attributes dry to sweet etc to make it easier to know which ones we would want. They got alot of tobaccos now and its hard to know the flavor spectrum off a name only...lol

No flavor expert here..... I just go by weather I like it or not....

I just mixed up a bottle of Old Captain.... no steeping (I just could not wait)

My favorites to date are tobacco flavors.... b/m...black fire....vfc....hfc...cigar..dunhill and panda that does not really fit in that list but its got alot of flavor so I like it

This flavor is going to be added to my favorite list

Maybe that might help someone if you like those on my favorite list I would bet you would also like Old Captain

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
No flavor expert here..... I just go by weather I like it or not....

I just mixed up a bottle of Old Captain.... no steeping (I just could not wait)

My favorites to date are tobacco flavors.... b/m...black fire....vfc....hfc...cigar..dunhill and panda that does not really fit in that list but its got alot of flavor so I like it

This flavor is going to be added to my favorite list

Maybe that might help someone if you like those on my favorite list I would bet you would also like Old Captain

Yeah I am going to have to get that Old Captain for sure---maybe I'll run off with him...lol :lol:

MrBeo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
Deserts of So California
Yeah I am going to have to get that Old Captain for sure---maybe I'll run off with him...lol :lol:
Will all these Tobacco flavors ever end? Yeah its a good thing - sure! but I had my all day vape picked long ago and now I need to keep cheating on them with new flavors...

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Has anyone tried the VZ blackberry and the ECX one? The reason I'm wondering is that with the long wait for the VZ to be in stock I got impatient and picked up the ECX. I was eager to try a blackberry pipe tobacco, and the feedback on the ECX seemed just about as good as the VZ. People mostly think both taste like real blackberries. The ECX isn't bad at all, but a bit candy-ish to me. So, I'm wondering if maybe I'm just extra sensitive when it comes to all blackberry flavors (we get TONS of blackberries around here, so maybe my expectations are high)... or, is there hope in the VZ one?

I do not have both of that flavors, but to me, after extensive sampling and steeping VZ Blackberry (at the recommended percentages) tastes like Blackberry Sweet Tarts- candyish on its own-- perhaps a different taste when used as a secondary flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread