Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Looks like joyetech is jumping into the ceramic coil game with both feet. I kinda like the looks of this, though. The coil seems to be wide open... great air, I'm thinking.

I also like that they did not continue with the dunk tank design of the Cubis line... never really got the hang of that spitty thing... 'course it never did leak.

I wonder if there will be an rba?

Thoughts?

601ec0ef-aa8c-4cc1-92be-6f7c45a96472.jpg

http://www.heavengifts.com/Joyetech-Ultimo-Atomizer-4ml.html

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I got mine today! I absolutely love this tank so far. The flavor is amazing right from the start. I got the black one and the finish is gorgeous. It looks like it's powder coated. The juice capacity is awesome! It says it holds 4 mls and I believe that it actually does. The tank doesn't get hot at all. I am vaping on the preinstalled Clapton at the moment but I am itching to test drive the ceramic coil so I will probably swap it out tonight.

Ultimo on Cloupor.PNG

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
Got mine yesterday and after using it, I don't think I'll listen to another reviewer again - they're all bought and paid for.

it's cloudy but the taste is muted in my opinion - it's not half as good as it's been made out to be.

I got mine today! I absolutely love this tank so far. The flavor is amazing right from the start. I got the black one and the finish is gorgeous. It looks like it's powder coated. The juice capacity is awesome! It says it holds 4 mls and I believe that it actually does. The tank doesn't get hot at all. I am vaping on the preinstalled Clapton at the moment but I am itching to test drive the ceramic coil so I will probably swap it out tonight.

View attachment 585017
Shill! [emoji38]

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up for me, lol. Yeah, I am not a plant. I'm always this upbeat! :) I'm a sucker for ceramics and when I find a tank that works well I like to share. I'm not a huge fan of Claptons, and this one tastes great even with the Clapton coil!

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Just tried to use the Ultimo again, thought I'd give it a second chance.
It's godawful, it really is.

Flavor is muted beyond recognition I've bought two devices based on the recommendation of the big reviewers - the Ultimo and the Eagle - they're both utter crap .

All those guys that gave this a positive are literally dead to me now.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
That's disappointing to hear. I love ceramic coils like the cCells but the break-in period is way too long. The Cerabis leaked like a sieve for me so i was hoping Joyetech got it right. If this really does suck then I will delete my subscriptions to those reviewers that sung it's praise. Need to hear some more "real world" opinions first but thanks for the feed back.

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Just tried to use the Ultimo again, thought I'd give it a second chance.
It's godawful, it really is.

Flavor is muted beyond recognition I've bought two devices based on the recommendation of the big reviewers - the Ultimo and the Eagle - they're both utter crap .

All those guys that gave this a positive are literally dead to me now.
Which coil did you use? The Clapton or the ceramic?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
That's disappointing to hear. I love ceramic coils like the cCells but the break-in period is way too long. The Cerabis leaked like a sieve for me so i was hoping Joyetech got it right. If this really does suck then I will delete my subscriptions to those reviewers that sung it's praise. Need to hear some more "real world" opinions first but thanks for the feed back.
I really like mine. I have been using it all week. I tried the clapton coil but that's just not my thing. I don't like the ramp up time on them. I do like the ceramic coil, though. I have dry burned mine once so far and it is still producing great flavor and vapor. The tank does have a condensation issue, but not like the Cerabis does. I have my air flow closed way down because the tank is SUPER airy when the air flow is open all the way and I think that causes some condensation in the base. I just make sure I blow it out through the air holes every so often. I can actually carry this one with me, unlike the Cerabis, so that's a plus. Break in time is nowhere near what it is on the newer cCells. I was able to fill and vape immediately with this coil, with no odd or off taste at all.

The tank didn't get hot at all with the clapton coil, but it does get warm with the ceramic one. Not as hot as the Simba and the Cerabis, but fairly warm. The heat does not transfer to the tip, however, and it dissipates quickly.

I haven't been vaping on it long enough to tell if this coil will hold up as long as a cCell (my go-to comparison for all ceramic coils!) but so far so good! Joyetech recommends not washing them in water but instead to just dry burn it and wipe it off (I use a Q-tip) and this seems to restore it nicely.

Contrary to an earlier comment in this thread, I do not work for Joyetech or any other vaping company, and I am not paid to do reviews. I bought my Ultimo during a pre-order special and waited for it to come out just like everyone else. I am just a huge fan of ceramic coil tech and I get excited when I find something that works! :)

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I was wondering if there'd be a thread for this one yet, I should've know @Shawn Hoefer :)

I've been waiting for mine since ages. My initial order was delayed because i also ordered extra ceramic coils for it that weren't in stock yet. Should be here next week though, got the RBA on the way as well from a different vendor.

I've never used a ceramic coil but am curious to try it, too bad the two people who own it in this thread have such conflicting opnions. I'll throw mine in the mix when it gets here.

Does anyone know if you can use those ceramic coils in TC mode by the way? Vapin Heaten thought there was a tungsten coil in there but he's the only one that mentioned it as far as I know.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I was wondering if there'd be a thread for this one yet, I should've know @Shawn Hoefer :)

I've been waiting for mine since ages. My initial order was delayed because i also ordered extra ceramic coils for it that weren't in stock yet. Should be here next week though, got the RBA on the way as well from a different vendor.

I've never used a ceramic coil but am curious to try it, too bad the two people who own it in this thread have such conflicting opnions. I'll throw mine in the mix when it gets here.

Does anyone know if you can use those ceramic coils in TC mode by the way? Vapin Heaten thought there was a tungsten coil in there but he's the only one that mentioned it as far as I know.
I am pretty sure they are kanthal coils. I get kicked out of TC in both SS and Ti mode with the ceramic coil. I don't know about the clapton coil, though. I didn't test that one out in anything but wattage.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I am pretty sure they are kanthal coils. I get kicked out of TC in both SS and Ti mode with the ceramic coil. I don't know about the clapton coil, though. I didn't test that one out in anything but wattage.

Ah, too bad, I was hoping it might have been SS. I just happen to have a profile for tungsten on my DNA200 so I'll try it when it gets here, no harm no foul.

Just curious but what's your preferred wattage for the ceramic coil and what did you try yours at @AnsonJames?

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I used the ceramic at 40 to 55 watts, the flavor was pretty much nondescript at any wattage I tried.
I've been using it with a clapton coil, definite improvement in flavor but still not as good as 90% of the RTA's that I own - plenty of vapor though...

Thanks for the reply, I'll give my honest opinion as well when it gets here. China mail hurry up already!

So no one has tried the RBA yet?

Reactions: cooladdict
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread