Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Well damn, yet another leaker!
This one does only leak a bit if I fill her up while she's hot, but this flaw wasn't there in the begining.
Must be cotton slowly going bad or something though I DO vape 15-20 mls a day.
I find that I have to blow juice out through the air flow holes every so often still. It's not bad, but it's there. As long as I remember to clear it every tankful or two I don't end up with a mess. The coil I am using right now has been dry burned 3 times and I keep expecting it to get worse every time I dry burn it but it hasn't changed the leakage at all. I hope this coil lasts a really long time. Seems to be a good one! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
What i s the life span on the ceramic coil in this tank, using vg 70
I am using the ceramic coils in mine. My first coil, the one that came with the tank, didn't last but a few days but it was defective. I have been using my current coil for about 2 weeks now and have dry burned it three times and it's still running perfectly. I use max VG juice and was running some sweetened juices through it at first, but for the last week I have been using a much cleaner juice (no sweetener) and my coil is still very clean tasting. I am very happy with the performance of this ceramic coil.

Reactions: TrollDragon

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Do you have any problems with leaking?
Nope! After that first coil I haven't had any problem with leaking at all. I have seen others post similar findings, so I am really wondering if the coils that were included with the tanks all came from a defective batch. I am so glad I bought a 5-pack when I bought the tank. I might have given up on it if I only had the clapton coil and that defective ceramic one to go off of.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
How about juice consumption? Will it drink juice like a park bench drunk? :)
LOL! It's not as bad as the high-power coils are. I can make a tank last all day if I am at work. At home I go through a lot more because I chain vape, but filling is very easy and mess-free so it's not an issue for me.

Reactions: DrTorben

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I had something weird happening to my Ultimo this week.

It had been sitting on the shelf unused for weeks, but ready to go with a ceramic coil and juice in it all this time. Then out of the blue it suddenly dumped all the juice out of the airflow holes earlier this week without me even touching it
24664313681_c43e9e55b4_o.gif

It never leaked on me before while it was in use, no idea how this could happen. I suspect gremlins or trolls have taken possession of it somehow, it is that time a year after all..

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

It had been sitting on the shelf unused for weeks, but ready to go with a ceramic coil and juice in it all this time. Then out of the blue it suddenly dumped all the juice out of the airflow holes earlier this week without me even touching it

It never leaked on me before while it was in use, no idea how this could happen. I suspect gremlins or trolls have taken possession of it somehow, it is that time a year after all..

Sunspot activity.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

I dug mine out the other day to empty (1/4 full) and clean it. It stands in a little case with some of my unused toppers. Well the Ultimo had already done the empty part for me as the base of it was full of juice as well as a few surrounding RDAs.

I just love a surprise cleanup job... So I'll store it all washed and cleaned back in it's packaging now.

Reactions: Eskie

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Is there any reason so many of the manufacturers now include such a wide drip-tip with the majority of there atomizers?

When I see such a wide drip-tip, I am thinking that the atomizer was really designed for straight lung hits with lots and lots of airflow.

BTW ... I do mouth to lung vaping much like I did when I used to smoke cigarettes ... I guess I am now a minority.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I dug mine out the other day to empty (1/4 full) and clean it. It stands in a little case with some of my unused toppers. Well the Ultimo had already done the empty part for me as the base of it was full of juice as well as a few surrounding RDAs.

I just love a surprise cleanup job... So I'll store it all washed and cleaned back in it's packaging now.

I really wanted this ceramic tank to work out. I'll admit after my initial dumping with the first ceramic coil I've stuck with the rewickable notch coil on it. I will say the notch has never leaked on me, and I've gotten several rewicks done without a problem on a single coil. Honestly, that's the only redeeming feature to this tank. Well, that and it fits nicely on a Pico for a small runaround setup.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I really wanted this ceramic tank to work out. I'll admit after my initial dumping with the first ceramic coil I've stuck with the rewickable notch coil on it. I will say the notch has never leaked on me, and I've gotten several rewicks done without a problem on a single coil. Honestly, that's the only redeeming feature to this tank. Well, that and it fits nicely on a Pico for a small runaround setup.
It's really too bad about the ceramic coils, I had high hopes for them as well. I still haven't picked up any notch coils, I really need to place a FT order soon. :D

Meanwhile, the Origen 19/22 lives on my Pico these days. :vapor:
fIe0uDDl.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The MG QCS Notch Coil Head has resurrected my Ultimo from the dead! I have run this coil for three days now and the vape from it far surpasses the ceramic coil by leaps and bounds. It does require some power behind it though, and it's not stingy with the vapor or flavor. :D

On the Cuboid in the default SS316 mode 75W/420F provides a very nice vape. Not one drop of leaking or a gurgle or spitting! :thumbs:
zxbgubsl.jpg

I'll need to dry burn and attempt a Rayon rewicking. If the Rayon is too much trouble to get mounted in the head, I have a bag of Cotton Labo that hasn't seen daylight in a long time. ;)

@Eskie any tips on such a procedure good sir?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The MG QCS Notch Coil Head has resurrected my Ultimo from the dead! I have run this coil for three days now and the vape from it far surpasses the ceramic coil by leaps and bounds. It does require some power behind it though, and it's not stingy with the vapor or flavor. :D

On the Cuboid in the default SS316 mode 75W/420F provides a very nice vape. Not one drop of leaking or a gurgle or spitting! :thumbs:
zxbgubsl.jpg

I'll need to dry burn and attempt a Rayon rewicking. If the Rayon is too much trouble to get mounted in the head, I have a bag of Cotton Labo that hasn't seen daylight in a long time. ;)

@Eskie any tips on such a procedure good sir?

@TrollDragon, talk about missing this thread. Sorry I never saw your call. I expect you already checked it out. All I remember from the last time I rewicked one was it required a lot less cotton than I thought it would. No idea with Rayon. Only real trick is making sure you keep the notch coil vertical and centered when you put the top portion of the coil section back on, otherwise it won't make contact. Again sorry, I hope you had something else to vape on the last 3 months waiting for that response.:facepalm: :vapor:

I should pull it out and play with it some more.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
@TrollDragon, talk about missing this thread. Sorry I never saw your call. I expect you already checked it out. All I remember from the last time I rewicked one was it required a lot less cotton than I thought it would. No idea with Rayon. Only real trick is making sure you keep the notch coil vertical and centered when you put the top portion of the coil section back on, otherwise it won't make contact. Again sorry, I hope you had something else to vape on the last 3 months waiting for that response.:facepalm: :vapor:

I should pull it out and play with it some more.
It's all good @Eskie!
I have rewicked the notch coil a few times with decent success using KGD. I really don't think you could do it with Rayon.

My Ultimo has a new home these days, I gave it to a buddy who just loves the ceramic coils. We'll see how that goes when one leaks out all over his mod, and he was warned... ;) I gave him the whole kit and kaboodle, tank, spare ceramic, spare notch and the RBA. He has ordered a second one from FT and a few packs of ceramic heads to go with it.

I wished him all the best with it! :thumbs:

Thanks for the reply and yeah, I have a few other things to vape on. ;)

I'm a little late to the party, I have a Goblin Mini V3 & Extension, Engine Nano, Ammit, Steamcrave V-RDA, Iron Maiden and VT Inbox on their way. :D

Been really enjoying the Aromamizer Supreme and Plus recently as well as the Limitless XL. :thumbs:

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread