New to Coil Building, Coil Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
Hey I'm comfortable enough to start building my own coils, but I wanted recommendations on what coil builds and some other things. Using a dripbox 160W and I got a tsunami RDA which i'm excited to build on, As of right now i've only used 24 g spaced coils and clapton coils, any coil recommendations for me to start with?
Also I don't have a lot of wire, so can I get some wire guage suggestions/vendors/brands. I don't have a drill so i can't make my own claptons by hand, any recommendations for prebuilt clapton wire that I can decide my own wraps
Also I plan on staying sub ohm levels, anything below probably .6 or something

Last edited:
Reactions: ChelsB

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
Are you wanting to start building or do you want something you can buy to put in it?
Lightning Vapes makes decent clapton on a spool but it's a shadow of what can be made.
If you don't want to pay for us to build awesome coils and you don't want to build there is nothing wrong with normal round wire.
If you do want to build it can easily be taught. I helped get someone making framed staple aliens in two weeks.

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
Are you wanting to start building or do you want something you can buy to put in it?
Lightning Vapes makes decent clapton on a spool but it's a shadow of what can be made.
If you don't want to pay for us to build awesome coils and you don't want to build there is nothing wrong with normal round wire.
If you do want to build it can easily be taught. I helped get someone making framed staple aliens in two weeks.
I want to start building except most of the DIY Clapton guides require a drill which I do not have/don't feel like purchasing right now. So I was thinking buying clapton wire because right now I feel a simple 4 wrap clapton is better than say a 5/6 wrap just single wire. So clapton on a spool and just general recommendations for quality wire

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
A parallel coil with 4 wraps each has the same surface area of a single strand with 8 wraps. The only difference is resistance and on a regulated mod that doesn't mean anything.
On a mech it's a great way to get more power with out adding more mass.

The premade clapton isn't as good as what is possible with a drill. The fused 28g I made when I started was a better vape than LVs anything. The wire quality makes a big difference.

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
Lightning Vapes has clapton spools but their round wire is trash so the clapton is all I recommend.
When you do decide to start building hit me up via PM or IG @84whiteowl84
I'm glad to help people get started.
I got my buddy making 36g fraliens in 2 weeks via text message.
What brands do you use for non clapton wire?

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Temco, Master of Clouds, Coil Society or through a middle man from Sandvik.
All of my SSFCs, Staggertons and other stuff are made with Temco frames, Master of Clouds ribbon and Sandvik wrap.
After I get my taxes it'll be Temco, Sandvik and Coil Society.

I'll second temco. Awesome prices and speedy shipping

Reactions: Abezii

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
Temco, Master of Clouds, Coil Society or through a middle man from Sandvik.
All of my SSFCs, Staggertons and other stuff are made with Temco frames, Master of Clouds ribbon and Sandvik wrap.
After I get my taxes it'll be Temco, Sandvik and Coil Society.
Temco is an industrial company right? Cause I'm looking at 25 ft Kanthal A1 24 G for only 5 dollars, that seems like a steal!

Reactions: ChelsB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread