New to E-Cigs need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimstone

Aug 17, 2015
Hey,
Im looking to get a E-cig, been smoking for 3 years, and thought ill have a try of it and maybe convert to them, since they seem cheaper, cleaner and just better. though i know 100% ill miss the feel and horrible taste of my great ol' pall , pall mall, think its time for a little change or experimenting.

Im looking to get a blu E-cig, mainly beacuse its the first i saw, did a few hours research ( cant waste those few hours of my life on nothing ) and it seems okay and looks like a good starter e-cig.

not sure if ill get the premium or starter ,
Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit UK, E-Cigarette Starter Kit - blu
learning toward prem since its 50% off and you get more.

anyways i was wondering can i refill these e-cigs ?
How good are they ? ( i did research and i know they used to be pretty bad, but seem okayish now ? )
any advice on a good e-cig starter pack for £10 ? dont want to waste more than what i waste on a pack since i might not like it. Though im really set on getting the Blu e-cig.

Thanks for reading and the soon to come advice.

Reactions: Tony16

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I started on a markten, and it was pretty horrible. Marlboro sent me a coupon for a free cig and refills and I used it for a day and realized it was horrible but the concept was good. These are not refillable, so you're stuck with their cartridges and their cost. Honestly I wouldn't even bother with the disposable setups because they aren't that good and may turn you off of the idea all together. I would increase my budget to give them a fighting chance to break your habit. There are so many great setups now and these disposables are so far away from that. At the cost of refills you will quickly spend so much more than more advanced setups, or, you just won't like the disposable. Either way you lose out.

You can get a nautilus mini tank and an istick 30 for 40 bucks these days and it'll blow the Blu out of the water in every way.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I would say the cig a likes are the least recommended "vape" on this forum. In fact they are despised by many (including me because they didn't work for me). Many of the cig a likes are made by big tobacco and are created to sell over priced refills. If they don't work for you you'll probably not be able to sell them to anyone.

I would recommend going in a slightly different direction, the Eleaf iStick 30 or 40 watt mod (battery) and an Aspire Nautilus Mini. Both are very user friendly and give a high quality vape.
iStick 30 watt and Nautilus Mini
4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

Some links for shopping:
UK
E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
Myepack.co.uk
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Good luck in your decisions.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hey,
Im looking to get a E-cig, been smoking for 3 years, and thought ill have a try of it and maybe convert to them, since they seem cheaper, cleaner and just better. though i know 100% ill miss the feel and horrible taste of my great ol' pall , pall mall, think its time for a little change or experimenting.

Im looking to get a blu E-cig, mainly beacuse its the first i saw, did a few hours research ( cant waste those few hours of my life on nothing ) and it seems okay and looks like a good starter e-cig.

How good are they ? ( i did research and i know they used to be pretty bad, but seem okayish now ? )
any advice on a good e-cig starter pack for £10 ? dont want to waste more than what i waste on a pack since i might not like it. Though im really set on getting the Blu e-cig.

With a quality vape, you'll not miss the Pall Mall's. You'll look forward to the clean tasty flavor of the vape. You can also get tobacco flavors. Below is my vape journey, a cheap "blister pack" ($15 usd) vape on the left, Nautilus Mini on Spinner 2 in center and on iStick 50w on right. Even the cheap starter set I used is better than the blu.
My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hey,

If it works for you and if it turns out to cost less then I say go for it.
So long as you can keep it going to 3 months and stay away from cigarettes; after that if you upgrade to a most cost effective setup, you can use the blu's as a backup instead of having to resort to burning leaf.

I started on cigalikes myself, and turned out to be a waste of money because the local suppliers didn't stock the replacement parts that I would have needed to keep them going otherwise I would have stuck with them longer.

As for trying to refill those things, a needle bottle is a convenient thing to have:
1842300-2.jpg

Some commercial eliquid comes in bottles with small long nose tips that might work but most are snubnosed and too big to squirt down inside a little cartridge. A needlebottle with a needle nose will fit and more convenient to use than a syringe.

Rimstone

Aug 17, 2015
Sorry forgot to mention im from the UK. Thanks for the advice so far guys,extremely friendly forum here, so Blu E-cig is a no go ?, I was looking for more of a cigarette looking e-cig more for the feel and normal E-cig look really clunky and pen like. Plus i really enjoy hold a cig ( between my finger, i have some-what of a ritual, holding cigs in the gap between my first and second finger and pretty much covering my mouth as i smoke, seems a little werid or 1960's but really got used to doing it) Anyways im willing to give the normal E-cigs a go, i do actually want to convert to them, so what would be a decent refillable starter E-cig IYO ?
Sir2fyablyNutz i really like the first one you had, where can i get it from in the UK ? and was it okayish for your first one ?

Rimstone

Aug 17, 2015
Thanksfor the advice
edyle, I saw a few youtube clips of people refilling them, seemed a little complicated and was wondering if it varies from model to model, also a lot fo them said most the times the cartridge wouldnt work after refill or listed a few other flaws ( but these were 3 years old, maybe they fixed the kicks ), and was wondering if i could actually refill them. Anyways still open to option but Blu seems the way to go for now since i have next to no knowledge on E-cigs, wasted a lot fo time reading about the smell, where i can smoke and perks really not actual E-cig modles.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Sir2fyablyNutz i really like the first one you had, where can i get it from in the UK ? and was it okayish for your first one ?

I would suggest starting somewhere closer to step 4 on Sir's journey. I think most here would agree that the problem with steps 1 through 3 is that those batteries just don't last.

Here's an example of a complete starter kit from a UK vendor. I don't know if £49.95 is a great price for it, but minus the juice, this would have everything you need to get started.
Aspire Premium Battery & Nautilus Mini Kit - Cloud9Vaping

I went into my local vape shop for the first time, hoping to get a cig-alike. In hindsight, I'm glad they didn't carry them. Once I realized that even the smallest set-up was going to be larger than a cigarette and not something I could hold between my fingers with ease, I decided to get the biggest ego battery they had for the longer battery life.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Tagging @djsvapour (from the UK). He has a lot to say regarding Blu & cigalites in general (and all the wasted money he's spent using these products).

+1 on the eLeaf iStick and Mini Nautillus.

Watch some reviews on this product. Mark Todd (he's in Scotland) is very well respected reviewer.

The iStick is available in 4 different colors.

The 30 Watt iStick/Curve
Aspire Nautilus Mini

4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Sorry forgot to mention im from the UK. Thanks for the advice so far guys,extremely friendly forum here, so Blu E-cig is a no go ?, I was looking for more of a cigarette looking e-cig more for the feel and normal E-cig look really clunky and pen like. Plus i really enjoy hold a cig ( between my finger, i have some-what of a ritual, holding cigs in the gap between my first and second finger and pretty much covering my mouth as i smoke, seems a little werid or 1960's but really got used to doing it) Anyways im willing to give the normal E-cigs a go, i do actually want to convert to them, so what would be a decent refillable starter E-cig IYO ?

Just about everyone sells them as starter kits. It's the VERY basic set up used to decide if you'll like vape.
E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
Myepack.co.uk
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Look at this one : Mini Protank 2 Kit Black - Starter Kits It's as close as I started with, but it has a glass tank which is a large improvement, as some juice will crack the plastic, and it can use replaceable coils, which is better than the disposable starter.

Reactions: David Wolf
Just another +1 for the iStick / Nautilus setup. Super easy to deal with and works very well. I also started off on a cig-a-like - I didn't want anything that didn't look like a cigarette. Wish I'd saved myself 3 months of hassle and just went for a decent little mod from the start. FWIW, I've been vaping about 3-4 years now and I keep an iStick mini / Nautilus mini handy for any time I need to nip out of the house, it's just very handy

Rimstone

Aug 17, 2015
Ive decided to buy a blu Prem Kit, since it was 50% with next day delivery. And a E-cig ,IjustMini E-Cig Kit , I vagually remember my friend telling me his mum bought him an E-cig ( though hes a heavy cig smoker), so i asked him if i could swap a pack of mal cigs for his, after he told me he did, which he agreed to. SO i should have 3 E-cigs, By next week, need to wait for the ijustmimi one though, Ill see how it goes from there. So far i've used about £50, which is what 8-9 packs of pall malls, which isnt great since cost was an other reason i wanted an E-cig, and honestly i would prefer the 8-9 packs over 3 E-cigs. But hey ho, ill have 3 E-cigs soons, and ill be saving some money. I do plan to upgrade and experiment with different parts, but i think i need to first understand the ''hobby'' and see if i like it but honestly after 2 years of pall mall, nothing really tastes too bad to me( nothing against pall mall, i have a weird love hate relationship with them). thanks for all the help and advice, look forward to vaping and i can't wait for my Blu to come, tomorrow will be my first try at vaping after 3 years of cigs.

Btw i was wondering, does the steam/vap smell when vaping ? if i smoke inside my house/car will it stink it up, i dont notice the smell of my cigs anymore but most ppl can smell them straight away, and honestly when talking to ppl, sometimes i notice i absolutely stink of cigs and feel sorry for the person im talking to .was wondering if E-cigs be beter, and if it does smell how long does it linger, ive read a few articles and such, but most just conflict each other.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Btw i was wondering, does the steam/vap smell when vaping ? if i smoke inside my house/car will it stink it up, i dont notice the smell of my cigs anymore but most ppl can smell them straight away, and honestly when talking to ppl, sometimes i notice i absolutely stink of cigs and feel sorry for the person im talking to .was wondering if E-cigs be beter, and if it does smell how long does it linger, ive read a few articles and such, but most just conflict each other.

Sure, they're going to smell it. Might be great for them, might smell horrible- depends on the person. Just one of the reasons I use Flavorless.

Rimstone

Aug 17, 2015
    Just got my Blu and im absolutely loving it. The taste of the classic tobacco, is just great, cant put my finger on it, but ive never had something this good for a while. The smell is like fizzy drinks, though sometimes the smell is like ammonia or cat urine ( for maybe a few milli-seconds) , i can vape anywhere without it smelling of burnt wood and rubber. The kick to the throat though, is a lot stronger than i expected, stronger than Mal red's IMO. Overall so far really enjoying my blu, the buzz, isnt like pall mall, which for me, is fast and hard, which i do enjoy, if im smoking i want to feel is quickly. The buzz is more clam, reminds me of the day i used to smoke weaker roll ups, though im missing the hard and fast buzz. overal really like the blu and vaping so far, but i still feel like having a cig, vvaping seems a little weak. after i finish my pack, i might not by anymore cigs.. though i cant imagine a world without me smoking cigs.
    Thanks for all the help. hard to beleive i only thought about vaping as i didnt have any cigs at the time and was craving nicotine. really glad i started my journey on vaping .

edit: after vaping for a little more, im really starting to like the buzz, but the flavor has weakened, which i do not mind at all.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Just got my Blu and im absolutely loving it. The taste of the classic tobacco, is just great, cant put my finger on it, but ive never had something this good for a while. The smell is like fizzy drinks, though sometimes the smell is like ammonia or cat urine ( for maybe a few milli-seconds) , i can vape anywhere without it smelling of burnt wood and rubber. The kick to the throat though, is a lot stronger than i expected, stronger than Mal red's IMO. Overall so far really enjoying my blu, the buzz, isnt like pall mall, which for me, is fast and hard, which i do enjoy, if im smoking i want to feel is quickly.

Sadly, Rimstone, I fear you'll be wondering where it all went wrong in a week or two from now.
    Once your body/throat gets used to vaping (the vapour, actually the PG in the vapour) you'll find very little satisfaction. If you do happen to find the 'experience' lasts, I wish you all the luck in the world. (Sincerely) :)
    Blu, regardless, are tantamount to the enemy. They are a tobacco company looking to a) wipe every other e-cig off the UK market and then b) stop selling refillable products so all us crazy nicotine addicts are forced to buy their products in disposable form, which will make them millions and keep smokers/vapers on their products.
    It's a win-win for them. The company that describes one of it's offerings as "product of the year 2015" are nothing short of the the single most vilified brand in the UK.

Reactions: Baditude
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread