Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Just got my Blu and im absolutely loving it. The taste of the classic tobacco, is just great, cant put my finger on it, but ive never had something this good for a while. The smell is like fizzy drinks, though sometimes the smell is like ammonia or cat urine ( for maybe a few milli-seconds) , i can vape anywhere without it smelling of burnt wood and rubber. The kick to the throat though, is a lot stronger than i expected, stronger than Mal red's IMO. Overall so far really enjoying my blu, the buzz, isnt like pall mall, which for me, is fast and hard, which i do enjoy, if im smoking i want to feel is quickly. The buzz is more clam, reminds me of the day i used to smoke weaker roll ups, though im missing the hard and fast buzz. overal really like the blu and vaping so far, but i still feel like having a cig, vvaping seems a little weak. after i finish my pack, i might not by anymore cigs.. though i cant imagine a world without me smoking cigs.
Thanks for all the help. hard to beleive i only thought about vaping as i didnt have any cigs at the time and was craving nicotine. really glad i started my journey on vaping .

edit: after vaping for a little more, im really starting to like the buzz, but the flavor has weakened, which i do not mind at all.

Glad to hear it.
Once you can stay off the cigs for a few weeks that's would be a major milestone;
meanwhile check in here and learn about other options and you'll eventually upgrade to more permanent less costlier setups.

Bramers

Aug 20, 2015
Liverpool UK
Rimstone go buy yourelf an "e go one", its small, portable, good looking but still packs a punch. Its pretty durable too ive had mine 5 months dropped it a few times, been knocked around in my work pants pocket and its still running fine.
I recently bought a "kanga sub box mini" which im very happy with. I use my e go when im outdoors whilst the kanga is my "house vape".
Affordable too £35 and £55 respectivly

Rimstone

Aug 17, 2015
djsvapour understand what your saying, but arent pretty much every company the same ?. My mate has told me a lot about blu, But honestly im not too bogged down on it. Though i agree with you stance, cig pirces have gone up like crazy hard to even fathom a 20 pack was £2 20 years back ! pall mall has done pretty well with pricing hence why im so loyal to them. i can see how big cig campanys will do teh same to vaping, almost arent most E-vigs made from cheap chinese labour? .The vaping has gotten really weak now, ive done it what 3 days ?. It stop the urge for a cig but nothing much else now ( i wasnt looking to quit, Im still in good health, great health really ), sometimes maybe after 20 mins of vaping, i get a nice feeling but its 10% of what i get of cigs. had a cig yesterday and it was honestly disgusting i almost vomited from the kick, taste and feel, which im shocked about! bought a 19 pack and gave 6 away to my friends, a lot fo them tried my vape, and are actaully buying the blu, not even sure why, since once you smoke and vape, you feel nothing. I just got my friends vape, it was a bunky think, not sure what its name is, but its really good, had a huge bat, which and LED screen and everything, i would think its £100 or more and i got it for a pack of mal reds, he did get it as a gift from another friend or his mum, cant remember. he doesnt really like vaping , says its too weak and sees it as a fad. he only had strawberry juice i think, which he got from the pound store ! didnt even know poundland sells vape juice. The hit from his or now my vape , was pretty harsh, hurt my throat and lungs ( i was worried the throat hit form vapes would we weak, how wrong i was ), taste was great, but it felt like i was taking a strong unfilter cig. The buzz from it was like a Cig though, like that. used up all the juice in 1 day though ..

overal day 3 of vaping, had 1 cig so far, tasted horrible. Vaping isnt hitting the spot though, i find myself vaping for hours on end, in the bathroom, in my house, outside, in my car, in my friend house.... which cant be too good. still loving my blu, have had no porblems with it, its just right for me, so far. The E-cig i got fo my friend is huge and im worried ill break it. its no convenient, i hate carrying my phone around, and this is even larger and bulkier, im using it more in my house, if i use it at all, need to get some juice. honestly i wouldnt recommend Vaping to someone who want to have a strong nicotine buzzes, like chain smoker.casual smoker or occasion i would recommend it, no offense to you vaper, i found the community to be great ! but i was expecting more from vaping and it seems like i downgrades from strong cigs to vaping, which i dont mind as of now. maybe my opinion will change after a week ir two.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
djsvapour understand what your saying, but arent pretty much every company the same ?

NO. Absolutely NOT. Blu are unique.

A tobacco company that is supporting a law which bans 99% of e-cig products is not to be supported. They should be publicly destroyed across all social media/forum platforms.

By the way... you have downgraded (your nicotine) from smoking to vaping. There is no chance a Blu can match a pack or two of fags a day. The problems you are experiencing are to be expected.

honestly i wouldnt recommend Vaping to someone who want to have a strong nicotine buzzes, like chain smoker.casual smoker or occasion i would recommend it, no offense to you vaper, i found the community to be great ! but i was expecting more from vaping and it seems like i downgrades from strong cigs to vaping, which i dont mind as of now.

You either need a lorry load of willpower or to buy a proper e-cig.

Rimstone

Aug 17, 2015
Day 10, got all my vape. 50% or more i use my blu, its just so convenient to use on the go and while im working, watching TV or gaming ect ect . I also use my Ijust Mini a lot, My larger vape i use only in the morning really, when i want a real good hit of nicotine. haven't touched a cig in ''ages'', i have cigs, roll ups and even some cigers, but i honestly don't want to smoke them.. I never thought that would happen ! Im not sure 100% why but i just dont like the feel, smell or even the thought of smoking, not to mention i just dont have the urge to, i realized a lot fo the reason i smoked was for the urge to smoke, an urge for a throat hit and the urge to have the feeling of something warm going down my throat and my body really , sounds a little weird, i also really like the buzz dont get me wrong. while i was picking up E-juice, i saw a women smoking, and i had a really bad urge to smoke, my lungs were screaming for me to smoke, didn't have my vapers on me at the time, but i did manage not to smoke, just didnt want to , never in my life have i had that feeling.

I have noticed I have some mood swings though, Im usually quite a happy chilled guy, but lately i wake up and sometimes wonder why i even wake up ( last 2 days really ), im happy but i feel a little sick and depressed, not massively but i do notice it. I also find i cant concentrate no where near as much as i used to, i fidget a lot and my mind wonders a lot more , which really annoys me. I feel clouded and sick. I don't enjoy reading books, watching TV, play games or even being outside as much as i used to, since i find my i cant concentrate on them as well as i could before. I also find the walk, journey to work a lot more depressing, since i dont smoke... i feel as if i have nothing to do and im half awake. only saying this as i know some of you are ex-smokers and might have felt the same while trying to quit. I've lost some pain in my chest from smoking, i used to get them here and there, which for me was a sign i need a smoke.

I also find vaping a little uncomfortable outside, people, teenagers, children, a lot of people do stare at me, which im sure most people wont enjoy, at first i didnt mind , since vaping was new to me, but now it feels like im wearing a pink dress everywhere since people do stare ( ive seen 15 year old smoking cig get less attention than i do ). In the UK, i dont think vaping is as prominent as in the US, so it is a little rare, in london the only people ive seen vaping are in there early 40's or late 30's. Its not too bad but from getting next to no attention from people when smoking to getting some when vaping, is liek i said a little uncomfortable .

Overall still enjoy vaping, i find it soo extremly convient. stops the urge to smoke, i do find i burn through E-juice quickly and i wonder if i am actully saving any money at all. i was a somewhat resonale smoke, max i would have in a notmal day is 10 cigs and i now vape maybe 3-5 hours + a day . I feel like i take in more nicotine, from vaping ( which i dont) due ot the large length of time i vape. apart from that absolutly no complaint on vaping, does everything i expected and a ton more, much better than i thought it would be. I still dont want to quit smoking, i know i wont, i feel no need to stop , im just waiting for the days i feel like smoking again, no need to push it or force it on my body when i dont feel the need to. I do feel nicitone withdrawal, slight mood swings, feel a little sick and i feel hungry 24/7. vaping helps all of the above though. so day 10 and going good ;would highly recommend vaping if you want to quit smoking , i 110% didnt want to stop smoking and vaping has passively made me stop.

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
The loss of concentration and other effects you describe I believe are due to the fact that studies show that the addictive properties of cigarettes are more than just the nicotine, tobacco alkyloids are a factor as well. I vape natural tobacco extracts sometimes they satisfy like regular juices can't as far as tobacco addiction goes. You're on your way though, good for you!

Rimstone

Aug 17, 2015
been vaping for a while now, i've been accustomed to it now. Really enjoy trying new flavors and overal i feel a lot more happy vaping than smoking. I did have massive insomnia due to me stopping smoking, not 100% sure if was due to that but for about 3 weeks i found it extremly hard to get to sleep, my mind was just too active at night, even went as far as me singing songs stuck in my head (in my head OFC) which i have never had in my life. and the only thing that really changed was me stopping smoking and the cold weather, which i really enjoy at night, so cant be that. Vaping helped with the insomnia, gave me something to do and after maybe an hour or a few mins i would calm down.
I must confess that today i smoked 5 cig's, extremly cold and rainy day, and after a few much worse day vaping, i had a real urge to smoke, and i bought a pack of crappy rothmans and smoked 5. and in the time i started caping, Cig prices have gone up yet again .. when will the UK government leave the innocent addicted smoker alone ! i did enjoy teh cig's, didnt get much off them really, it felt like i went back to a good freind, as if i never stoped smoking for a while. i still have 15 cig's left and a bunch of other smokable tabbacco products, some months old, but i cant bring myself to throw away good cigs.
all in all , been vaping not too long but i think ive gotten somewhat into it, like i said, its 10 times more convenient than smoking, unless youre in the rain. my body craves nicotine a lot less , i honestly feel my quality of life has somewhat improved but the massive withdrawal symptoms i faced , which hit me like a ton of bricks wasnt nice. would 100% recommend vaping, a lot fo my freind have bought vaper but are still massive smoker . overal still a good experience .

Tony16

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Hey,
Im looking to get a E-cig, been smoking for 3 years, and thought ill have a try of it and maybe convert to them, since they seem cheaper, cleaner and just better. though i know 100% ill miss the feel and horrible taste of my great ol' pall , pall mall, think its time for a little change or experimenting.

Im looking to get a blu E-cig, mainly beacuse its the first i saw, did a few hours research ( cant waste those few hours of my life on nothing ) and it seems okay and looks like a good starter e-cig.

not sure if ill get the premium or starter ,
Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit UK, E-Cigarette Starter Kit - blu
Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit UK, E-Cigarette Starter Kit - blu
learning toward prem since its 50% off and you get more.

anyways i was wondering can i refill these e-cigs ?
How good are they ? ( i did research and i know they used to be pretty bad, but seem okayish now ? )
any advice on a good e-cig starter pack for £10 ? dont want to waste more than what i waste on a pack since i might not like it. Though im really set on getting the Blu e-cig.

Thanks for reading and the soon to come advice.
Sorry if this is a repeat, didn't read all posts.just had to say I did start with blu rechargeable kit, was a waste for me. But still less than I was spending on cigs.lasted a week with those. Had no choice of nic level also.
Then found a vape shop locally.what a difference.take some suggestions from here, check out some YouTube reviews, and pick what might work for you. You may need a few upgrades to really find what works best but consider what you were spending on smokes, you'll get there.
Good luck.

Rimstone

Aug 17, 2015
what with all the hate on the blu ? , ive had mines for a while, and have 3 vaporizers. I have had absolutely no problems with my blu, not even a single inconvenience. from what i read i was expecting it too fall apart and ill need to return it, but ive had not a single problem, the Bat life isnt anything notworthy, havent caused me a probelm so fars. The cart arent cheap but not too expensive and you can refill them, with different favors or just to save money. The taste of the cart goes away after a while but its not too bad, you get a hint of it after maybe 100 puffs, rather than a strong taste, the carts they offer have great tastes, i have yet to get a single cart that hasnt worked and ive bought a fair few and refilled a fair few as well. i have treated the blu extremly badly, drunkenly sitting on it and overall just knocking it around. and its still working like the day i got it. The size is convenient, its a good size and weight, IMo its a nice starter vaper. My friends prefer the blu to my other vapers, since the other 2 are just too strong.The blu offers a great transition from cigs to vaporizer . Blu have also given me a few discounts and have overall been a nice compant to deal with, though i know theyre not a ''good company'' .
Normal vapes also have an extremly strong throat hit, so much so that the first week of owning it i couldnt really inhale as much as i could when smoking, not sure if you guys have gotten used to them, i know i have, my largest vaper, has a good hit, i like it but i 100% wouldnt use it to vape through out the day. I a couple month later prefer to use the blu when im out and about and have carts.
This being said its not great, its just a normal decent vaper, my other 2 vapes have caused more problems than the blu and im sure if i was lucky to get a good one but i have no complanits, im not even sure how they have improve it for the price i got it at.

the nic content isnt something that bothers me, since vaporizer from what ive experienced dont offer a strong quick, is this even legal, buzz that cigs offer. I cant even tell the difference between 18MG/24MG and 36MG, also like cigs, you just cant more of a buzz by smoking stronger content .. you just reach a certain calm level and cant go any higher. If you were trying to lower nic content i cant understand but if you want to increase it you wont/ i dont notice much .

Thank again for the help guys, great community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread