new to e-cigs need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

weebitty

Nov 21, 2014
Phoenix, OR usa
I have read a lot of your forum and am more confused. I want to get started with e-cigs but don't know really what I need. I want a simple, easy, safe e-cig. I really don't care what it looks like. I have high blood pressure and my doctor is pushing me to quit. I only smoke 4 analogs as you call them per day but don't know what the nicotine level is for each one so don't know what nicotine juice I need. I am not into rebuilding and don't understand ohms or any of the rest of it. I think I want a glass tank. Don't understand the pg/vg combination. Is there a simple system that I can use that isn't complicated to learn and just enjoy the e-cig experience? I would like to keep it about $100.00 or less if possible. My husband is very nervous about e-cigs and their safety. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know from reading the posts here there are a lot of experts and that is why I am posting in this section. I know that 4 cigs aren't much but still haven't wanted to quit them. I haven't been a heavy smoker I have never smoked like a pack a day but have been smoking since I was 13 and I am now 67 it is so much a part of my life. I don't see me making it a hobby as some of you have and spending tons of money on different ones and getting into all the different flavors at least that isn't my goal right now. I hope I have given you enough information to steer me in the right direction. I don't really trust China but I understand that most of them come from there unfortunately. The doctor kind of laughed at me when I brought up that they explode or catch fire and he stated that of all the millions that are smoking them now the odds are slim that there would be a problem. I hope he is right!! Thanks for any help you are willing to give.

Hope you all have a great day.

Reactions: spacekitty

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You only smoke 4 lights per day? You will definitely want low nicotine maybe 3 mg? Unless you will also be vaping just a few puffs a day then you could go higher nicotine Maybe 12mg tops.
for american gear a Provari which will cost over $100 without a tank for the juice. but it is a bit technical. The simplest soloution would be an Evod starter kit which would work fine for you I think.
It is not american but simple, cheap and effective for you I would think. No wattage or voltage to set or anything. Just fill the tank with juice screw the tank on the battery press the button and suck.

Here is a video about using the evod starter kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Weebitty, welcome to you. Many will probably stop by with opinions and I hope they stay simple and provide links.

Anyway, for a juice, I suspect your tastebuds are bad off from smoking. A simple bold flavor would be best. I would get a bottle of 12mg of nicotine. Just vape as your physical urge calls for. Just like when you felt you needed a cig. 4-5 draws and put it down. If you vape a lot, by urge, maybe the 12mg is to weak. If you feel satisfied after 5 minutes, maybe getting a bottle of 6mg would be better. To my knowledge, only one cigarette a day is needed to continue the negative processes. I stopped overnight.

Good luck!

weebitty

Nov 21, 2014
Phoenix, OR usa
classwife thanks for the link. I couldn't find it before. That helps too. I know that a lot of new items have probably come out since then and changes or deletions. And thanks also to the ones who have responded already. Frenchfry your post was helpful as well. So you don't even vape anymore? That is great for you. Robert I think that some of the venders give free samples when you order a kit? maybe I can try the different levels of nicotine and go from there. thanks for your post.

the other question I had was how long these last typically before you have to buy another one?

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
classwife thanks for the link. I couldn't find it before. That helps too. I know that a lot of new items have probably come out since then and changes or deletions. And thanks also to the ones who have responded already. Frenchfry your post was helpful as well. So you don't even vape anymore? That is great for you. Robert I think that some of the venders give free samples when you order a kit? maybe I can try the different levels of nicotine and go from there. thanks for your post.

the other question I had was how long these last typically before you have to buy another one?
I would not recommend the free ecig kits, they get you into a subscription cartridge service that costs a lot more money. If money is an issue for you they will wind up costing you 10 times as much.

Reactions: Baditude

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Also, have you visited a vape shop? You get the ability to talk to someone on the spot. Also, if you know someone local that can go with you or just answer questions.

Vape shops, very much by and large, are much more expensive for hardware. But, a good shop will be clean, professional and willing to give you a class as to what is what.

A friend of mine has an iStick 30 watt and Aspire Nautilus Clearomizers. Also, someone mention the Evod up above. I have not had one, but they seem popular.

Stay in touch and let us know.

weebitty

Nov 21, 2014
Phoenix, OR usa
I would not recommend the free ecig kits, they get you into a subscription cartridge service that costs a lot more money. If money is an issue for you they will wind up costing you 10 times as much.

wow thanks for this I didn't know that!! Gee you people are great for info and help. thanks again Robert

weebitty

Nov 21, 2014
Phoenix, OR usa
Also, have you visited a vape shop? You get the ability to talk to someone on the spot. Also, if you know someone local that can go with you or just answer questions.

Vape shops, very much by and large, are much more expensive for hardware. But, a good shop will be clean, professional and willing to give you a class as to what is what.

A friend of mine has an iStick 30 watt and Aspire Nautilus Clearomizers. Also, someone mention the Evod up above. I have not had one, but they seem popular.

Stay in touch and let us know.

Yes I have heard that the local shops are more expensive and I wanted to go into one just to ask questions but then feel guilty if I don't buy what they recommend. One of them does have a "tasting bar" I think that is what they are called. But not sure I would assume you have to already have one of your own to try out the flavors. They have just started in my area in the last year and I don't know how knowledgable they are. Just from this forum alone there are a lot of things to learn.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Yes, I am the same way about the guilt thing of buying something. After awhile, I came to try all the flavors and buy two bottles of the best. And I visit now when I travel. I do an internet search and if I have a couple of hours I stop by and just visit. Also, I found that if I go into a vape "bar", I now try flavors that are also available on-line. If I like them I buy on-line. I do most of that when I am on business trips.

As to learning, I learned more here just by asking. Kinda funny, but I remember asking how much I should expect to pay for something on-line and people posted the websites and seemed to compete to find the lowest prices. I was amazed.

Good people here.

Reactions: Saintscruiser

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Here is a place with good prices on Evod starter kits if you choose to go that way.
I have bought from them a couple of times.

EVOD Kits

for under $50 you can find several Evod starter kits, which for a beginner I believe to be the best value and easy to use. What ever you get I recommend 2 batteries and 2 tanks, and a charger. And some extra coils. Coils should last you for maybe a month as you seem to be a light user.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Robert's option is worthwhile. Having 2 batteries (main unit) permits one to be charging for 2-3 hours and still having one to use. Also, if one gets lost you have a spare. Everyone will recommend a spare.

A step up would be something like this:

Spinner Aerotank Kit - Vision Spinner Kits - Starter Kits

It only has one tank and 2 coils, so they would be more. The battery will last longer between chargers and the tank is nicer (in my mind).

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I'd suggest the Nautilus Mini ($25) as well, it is a great tank (I own 4). It pairs well with the iStick 30 W($35). With a 5 pack of extra BVC coils ($10) and juice you're under the $100. Shop here for any tanks and batteries of your choosing. --

FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last page)

Also you might want to read this section :

HEALTH QUITTING Health, Safety and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

Good luck in your journey.

weebitty

Nov 21, 2014
Phoenix, OR usa
Sir2fyablyNutz Thanks for your post. I read the health quitting article and I am glad I did!! It makes this forum and the people in it top notch and very caring. At least people that start can find out what to expect and not be scared when and if it happens. I think it should be required reading for any new vamper (?) as it saves a lot of unnecessary worry and frustration. Anyway I have looked into
the two pv's the Evod and the Nautilius and the Evod seems cheaper to get and maintain compared to the Nautilus min or am I figuring it wrong? I was comparing parts after the starter kit to maintain it. Sir2fyablyNutz I like your prices better for the Mini. I just went to the links that people gave me.

Evod kit $49.99 for two units includes e-juice Nautilus Mini kit $64.99 for one unit no e-juice
Battery $12.99 for one Cfvv Battery $27.99 for one
Coils (5) $ 6.99 Coils (5) $15.95

I think I have the right parts. There is a nautilus starter kit that is 49.00 and the parts are a little cheaper like the coils are 11.99 for 5.

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
B&M shops (buildings not online) are really hit or miss in my opinion. I urge people to buy from shops as much as possible as if they all disappear we loose the ability to visit, socialize and taste different juices. Everyone will think different flavors to be good/bad.
My problem is that they tend to push the higher end stuff on people to get as much from them as possible. The smart company will start them off small and the customer will come back and upgrade as the urge and need for more mods come upon them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Popular ECF-recommended online e-cig sites are AltSmoke, Discount Vapors, and My Vapor Store. You don't have to buy a starter kit, you can purchase individual gear (battery, charger, tank) separately to upgrade for better individual gear. With only smoking 4 cigarettes a day, I'd recommend the lowest nic level in the e-liquid (6 mg).

These articles should help:

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices

A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginner Vaper

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

Last edited:

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Sir2fyablyNutz Thanks for your post. I read the health quitting article and I am glad I did!! It makes this forum and the people in it top notch and very caring. At least people that start can find out what to expect and not be scared when and if it happens. I think it should be required reading for any new vamper (?) as it saves a lot of unnecessary worry and frustration. Anyway I have looked into
the two pv's the Evod and the Nautilius and the Evod seems cheaper to get and maintain compared to the Nautilus min or am I figuring it wrong? I was comparing parts after the starter kit to maintain it. Sir2fyablyNutz I like your prices better for the Mini. I just went to the links that people gave me.

Evod kit $49.99 for two units includes e-juice Nautilus Mini kit $64.99 for one unit no e-juice
Battery $12.99 for one Cfvv Battery $27.99 for one
Coils (5) $ 6.99 Coils (5) $15.95

I think I have the right parts. There is a nautilus starter kit that is 49.00 and the parts are a little cheaper like the coils are 11.99 for 5.

Wee, I priced the iStick and Nautilus from practice of seeing the usual average listed selling price. Different places have different prices, and you can find bargains if you shop. I chose the equipment that I did to get you the best in my opinion for under your $100 statement. There are lots of starter kits less than what I chose equipment wise. It is extremely common for people to want a better flavor out of their vape and to upgrade equipment after they first begin with the starter kits. The equipment I chose is mid level vape/high quality. The iStick 30W is user friendly, small and has a battery that would last you days between recharges. The Nautilus Mini is a high quality tank for the money. It's easy to use and gives a great flavor (I have 4 of them). I've also felt the better the starting equipment the higher the chances you will get off the cigs. Mount Baker Vapor has the same equipment in the prices I named. EleafUS Products - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes (30W) Aspire Products - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes (Nautilus Mini) plus Mount Baker has a coupon for 10% off the entire order code "ECF" . The coils are $15 for a 5 pack here (which should last you months).
Whatever direction you choose, I'd highly recommend a tank made of glass and not plastic. There are some juice flavors (cinnamon, citrus, etc.) that will crack a plastic tank. Good luck in your decisions.

weebitty

Nov 21, 2014
Phoenix, OR usa
ok I think I will go with the aspire nautilus as it is getting great reviews. Has anyone dealt with World of Vape? Mt Baker is out of them and won't probably get them back in for a couple of weeks they are saying. So just wondering if World of Vape is a reliable dealer? thanks to everyone who has helped me out. Oh was reading some info on World of Vape and they recommend charging your unit in a fire proof box? Anyone hear that before and what is it? I don't see anyone selling them? of course I just read about it so haven't really looked yet. Here is what they are saying:

• Charge and store the batteries in fire-proof container.
  • Never leave Lithium-Ion batteries unattended while charging or while in use.
  • Do not put batteries on flammable surface (wood, carpet, etc.) when charging.
  • Make sure to charge in Fire-Proof container.
  • Only use chargers purchased from WORLDofVAPE website to charge batteries purchased from WORLDofVAPE website.
  • Do not modify the batteries in form or shape

I am going to ask another dumb question here. If you are strictly vaping when someone like a doctor asks you if you smoke what do you answer? If you have given up the analogs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread