new to e-cigs need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Statistically, most battery incidents occur while charging.

I charge my batteries on the stove top, but any fire-resistant surface will do: marble counter top, pyrex baking dish, metal cookie pan, etc.

Some vendors sell fireproof charging bags, but these are controversial because they are intended for different batteries (Li-Poly) and chargers than we use. They can trap heat in the bag which can cause the battery to overheat. LiPoly batteries are used in remote control devices, and these chargers are separate from the batteries during the charging process.

Last edited:

weebitty

Nov 21, 2014
Phoenix, OR usa
Baditude, thanks for the answer. I have a cooktop so I can charge it there. My husband is very scared of these vp's as he has focused on the mishaps that have happened to people and to be honest it hasn't made me feel any better either but I want to try to get off the analogs so they will quit harping on me to quit, including my doctors. It is my only vice and I guess we all have to have one. As I said smoking has been in my life a lot of years. I did quit once for 5 years but got acute bronchitis every year that I didn't smoke. Never had it before or after I started again. Go figure!! thanks again for your response. I hear and read you are one of the greats on this forum. Keep it up we need people like you to keep us informed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've not dealt with World of Vape. I have dealt many times with AltSmoke, Discount Vapors, and My Vapor Store and highly recommend them.

I was a pack per day smoker for over 30 years. I have not had a cigarette in over 3 years, since I began vaping. It did take me about a week to make the full transition. I have absolutely no desire for a cigarette. I'll probably continue to vape until I die, as I see no reason to stop.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Never did business with World of Vape.
I charge my batts in a decorative metal bucket
in the office here =)
And I guess it would depend on your doctor. A couple
of years ago when I started most doctors were on board
with the idea of vaping versus smoking. Now I don't know
with all the negative propaganda out there. As far as
I'm concerned I am a non smoker, but I probably wouldn't
admit to my doctor I vaped unless he found something wrong.
Otherwise it will end up being everything they find wrong
is because you vape, then the news headline says - "Vaping
causes abnormal pap smears" or something. ;)

weebitty

Nov 21, 2014
Phoenix, OR usa
mcol thanks for you input I hadn't thought about that part of it. I had asked my doctor about vaping and he said it was probably better than the cigs because to quote him you weren't getting all the crap that you get from cigs but you were still on the nicotine but if you are using it to eventually get off of all of it then yes he agreed. This was a cardiologist answering my question. So there is one doctors opinion.

I have ordered my kit but now I need a supplier for the e-juice at reasonable prices. I know you all have your favorite flavors but I am just looking for the nicotine right now.

I wanted to take the time to say how impressed I am with this forum. The people here are exceptional because their motive is only to help other people have a good experience and share information with others. Many Many thanks to all of you. You kind of restore my faith in humanity! LOL hopefully vaping will be the answer for health and continue to improve so that those of us who enjoy it can continue without the stigma of smoking and the FDA and other government stays out of it. But we know they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread