New to E-Cigs, need some suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT-Thanks for all the responses! I decided on a spinner/combo kit from MyVaporStore. I got a Vision Spinner VV 1300 and an eGo C Twist VV along with an EVOD clearomizer and a Kanger Mini Tank to try out acidic flavors without ruining my clearomizer. I almost went with the Halo G6 starter kit as suggested by ANiceDinosaur, but the big, bulky tank looking stuff just looks so neat and it kind of adds to the novelty of this entirely new experience. For juices I bought ThugJuice 80/20, Hawk juice 65/35 and then 555 tobacco with menthol flavoring to add to it. I almost got the 555 menthol, but reviews seemed somewhat mixed.

On my next paycheck though I am going to likely get the Halo G6 starter kit so I can have something a bit more subtle, plus my wife is terribly unenthusiastic about all of this and a more cig-a-like device will be instrumental in getting her to eventually convert. The difficult part it seems will be finding the right flavor/strength for her. She could care less about fun, varying flavors (at least at the moment). She has basically stated that unless the vapor practically mimics a real menthol cigarette in every way, she will have no part of it. I hope the 555/menthol flavoring combo will do the trick. I know that there IS a hardware/juice combo that would be perfect for her.....but finding it may take some time.

If anyone has any other suggestions for closely replicating over a pack a day of Kool 100s in terms of taste and throat hit, please let me know. I need to get my wife on board!:)

Thanks again for all the replies!

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Head on over to the library and read the 6 part intro that will show you the new hotness out ranging from the cigalikes to the big mama jammas

The ECF Library

I ordered these from fasttech (a chinese wholesaler)
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1401204 <-400mAh is 2x+ regular 180mAh cigalikes...alot longer vape)
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1325010 <-easily refillable atomizers with tanks
You will need a standard eGo charger and have to remove the plastic ring around the charging head

Welcome and Vape On!

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Some basic e-cig facts first:

E-cigarettes are dependent upon an atomizer or vaporizer to turn flavored nicotine e-liquid from liquid to vapor in order to inhale/absorb the nicotine. These atomizers are powered by a rechargeable battery. The smaller cigarette sized batteries "cigalikes" make the same voltage (~3.7 volts) as the larger batteries do, but only last 2 - 3 hours per charge. Many new vapors are able to stop smoking with these, but soon tire of carrying so many batteries around to last throughout the day.

Many move on to a larger battery size, called the "Ego" class of batteries. These are about the size of a large cigar, but they allow 6 - 13 hours of use per battery, a huge convenience for just a little jump in size. These have more benefits besides being more convenient. A larger selection in juice atomizer types with larger juice capacity. Many also allow you to adjust the vapor temperature for more of a cigarette-type "throat hit" and to adjust to each flavor that you might use. These are still pocket-friendly and light-weight devices.

Then there are those vapors who still want "more". More flavor, more vapor, more throat hit. Here the options become the various "mods" or advanced personal vaporizers (APV). Most of these have replaceable rechargeable batteries in a more durable body. These may be heavier and may be not so pocket-friendly, but they have other features such as variable wattage, built-in ohm and battery meters, LED displays, etc.

A beginner vapor can start wherever they feel most comfortable. Before investing a lot of money into a starter kit, research all the categories of batteries and juice delivery devices and then decide which might be best for you.

Advancing from Cigalikes to Ego's to Mods

Juice Delivery Attachments

An Ideal Beginner Setup

A video on three commonly recommended starter kits:

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    What ever you get remember most of us go into DIY our juice's it save a hole lot of money.

One suggesting is try not to spend to much money right away; your find that your want a different setup than you started with.
    One of the hardest thing we find is controlling our money that's because e-cigs are great and we all love it; human nature.

Keep in mind that the saving of not buying cigs can go to your new hobby.

It's been over one year for me; I found it was very easy to leave Cigs alone and I wasn't even trying.

Have fun your love going into the next phase of E-Cigs.

Think about DIY your own juice if it's for you!

seth83

Sep 15, 2010
    GDL
    i can tell how i was started, an ego pass through 1100mha, liquid of 38mg of nicotine (for 3 days), then down to 24mg, using some ce3 atomizers, then vision stardust, when i see it likes as much i bought a rebuildable atomizer and a evic mod, now i use 18mg nicotine and thinking down to 16, as been pass a year and 7 months without the need for smoke, if you smoke menthol look for menthol liquids and can try at 24mg, i also smoked menthol about 14 years, by day three of vapping i dont like cigarettes anymore

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 21, 2013
    Venice, FL
    Welcome! Great source of knowledge and support here. Nice to meet you. As stated by WarHawk and Baditude, knowledge is power. Do you research, get a good quality starter kit to practice with as vaping has a learning curve. Begin your juice hunt and branch out from then as you see fit. Be careful if people tell you That something is 'perfect' or 'the best way'. Vaping is far too subjective for that. Experience is the best teacher, use what others say to point you in a direction to research. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for all the responses! I decided on a spinner/combo kit from MyVaporStore. I got a Vision Spinner VV 1300 and an eGo C Twist VV along with an EVOD clearomizer and a Kanger Mini Tank to try out acidic flavors without ruining my clearomizer. I almost went with the Halo G6 starter kit, but the big, bulky tank looking stuff just looks so neat and it kind of adds to the novelty of this entirely new experience. For juices I bought ThugJuice 80/20, Hawk Juice 65/35 and then 555 tobacco with menthol flavoring to add to it. I almost got the 555 menthol, but reviews seemed somewhat mixed. On my next paycheck though I am going to likely get the Halo G6 starter kit so I can have something a bit more subtle, plus my wife is terribly unenthusiastic about all of this and a more cig-a-like device will be instrumental in getting her to eventually convert. The difficult part it seems will be finding the right flavor/strength for her. She could care less about fun, varying flavors (at least at the moment). She has basically stated that unless the vapor practically mimics a real menthol cigarette in every way, she will have no part of it. I hope the 555/menthol flavoring combo will do the trick. I know that there IS a hardware/juice combo that would be perfect for her.....but finding it may take some time. Thanks again for all the replies!

Bauk

Oct 16, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Hi man and welcome!

Regarding your wife, what ever devices you use, try getting some wooden or acrylic drip tips for her. Avoid anything metal, even stainless steel because it is often mostly unpleasant for people that struggle with "space" looking device in their hand.
    And about menthol, since you already mentioned you will get Halo g6, try their Menthol Mystic and Menthol Ice flavors, I heard they are stunning... I don't prefer menthol tastes but I am ordering sample pack these days just to try that Mystic juice. In general Halo are top quality e-liquids. Just avoid Captain Jack and Tiki as first time Halo user imo.

Best regards,
    Lovecoach

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2011
    North Carolina, USA
    Thanks for all the responses! I decided on a spinner/combo kit from MyVaporStore. I got a Vision Spinner VV 1300 and an eGo C Twist VV along with an EVOD clearomizer and a Kanger Mini Tank to try out acidic flavors without ruining my clearomizer. I almost went with the Halo G6 starter kit, but the big, bulky tank looking stuff just looks so neat and it kind of adds to the novelty of this entirely new experience. For juices I bought ThugJuice 80/20, Hawk Juice 65/35 and then 555 tobacco with menthol flavoring to add to it. I almost got the 555 menthol, but reviews seemed somewhat mixed. On my next paycheck though I am going to likely get the Halo G6 starter kit so I can have something a bit more subtle, plus my wife is terribly unenthusiastic about all of this and a more cig-a-like device will be instrumental in getting her to eventually convert. The difficult part it seems will be finding the right flavor/strength for her. She could care less about fun, varying flavors (at least at the moment). She has basically stated that unless the vapor practically mimics a real menthol cigarette in every way, she will have no part of it. I hope the 555/menthol flavoring combo will do the trick. I know that there IS a hardware/juice combo that would be perfect for her.....but finding it may take some time. Thanks again for all the replies!

When you pick up the Halo G6 kit, grab a menthol sampler pack. There should be something in there that "does it" for your wife. E-liquid Sample Packs | Menthol Flavors | Halo Cigs

I highly recommend picking up a PCC for charging the G6. Nothing worse than not having an option to charge while on the go - Portable Charger Case (PCC) | G6 Electronic Cigarette | Halo Cigs

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread