Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the ECF and would like to thank everyone here for their help and patience. I've been a 1 - 1 1/2 pack a day smoker for 25 years. My last attempt at quitting lasted about 6 weeks using the patch. I nearly lost my mind, gained 10 lbs. and was really irritable with my children. Once again, I went back to smoking - a slave to the disgusting and rediculously expensive habit that I picked up as a kid.

1 week ago while at a local mall I decided to give the ecigs a try. I was perfectly convinced that it wouldn't work but figured maybe it would help me to cut down on smoking.... WOW...., was I ever wrong.

This week has been the first time in my life that I've woken up without not wanting but DYING for a cigarette. I keep a few packs of analogs in case of emergency but don't even want one! I tried one yesterday when my battery was dead for a while and it tasted gross. I put it out after about three puffs.

The PV that I purchased from the mall (alltogether with 8 boxes of really bad cartomizers) cost me well over $180 dollars. It was a bad purchase. The initial outlay was about $100 but I quickly found that the chargers die after about 1.5 hours and that the cartomizers have nearly no nicotine in them - even the ones marked "high."

Posting this as a "thank you" to those in the chat room who have helped me and to those who have taken the time to write blogs and make videos for the rest of us. Also as a word of caution to 1st time visitors to ask around before you throw out your money - my new kit is on it's way and is 1/2 the price of the ones I'm using now.

Jenn from Phila.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Again, the encouragement here is amazing!

I bought a brand called Smoke Free Online. There is not a lot of information on them outside of their website. They are based in MD. I don't consider it a "total" loss as I will keep these as a backup if I have any battery lapses.

The product in and of itself isn't terrible but I was a heavy smoker and the cartomizers are $15/5 which is a lot higher than the e liquid - I spent about 1/2 of my investment on cartomizers and some on the additional wall charger that I thought would help. I'm not totally sure if it's the weak battery or the cartomizer that is the problem.

If this continues and I am able to get off of analogs, it will be the best investment I've ever made!

Odell

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
Ocala, Florida
www.acbio.com
Huffelpuff,

You would be surprised at the amount of people that started the very exact way you have. My Green Smoke outfit is still in the closet as a reminder (although for the life of me I can't remember what it's supposed to remind me of :laugh:)

Once you settle on some hardware and juice, you will find that your disposable cash will increase significantly as well as your lung capacity:w00t:. The learning curve isn't all that steep. Now that your an ECF member the folks here will provide you with a generous amount of info as you go along.

Have fun and welcome!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
In a very reluctant defense of the mall kiosks, yes they are ripping people off with their crazy insane prices, but they are introducing people to ecigs convinently and quickly. People soon realize that there is something better out there and they start searching and find ECF and move on to something better. The mall kiosks have brought in a lot of new members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread