• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

new to ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveBM

Aug 13, 2009
hi,

Just recently bought myself an ecig from jjcale after doing some research on the web i was overwelmed with the many brands etc so i just went out and bought one. the brand is called kwik-quit e-cigarette.

The instruction manual is pretty useless and does not mention anything about cleaning etc. Also there is no information on this product on the net (well nothing under that name anyway)

I am currently using liquids as the cartridges are a waste of time,space and money.

Any ideas on how good this product is? It is pretty bulky and battery life is not bad. Anyone else used this product ?

Any input is most welcome .
Dave

Aucorium

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
You will most likely find that your ecig is re-badged, the local retailers have a nasty habbit of doing that - maybe have a look for some markings on it to try and isolate what manufacturer it is.

It is always important to read around before you purchase your cig and do some research, they vary in quality, cartridge capacity, battery life etc.

The rules for each e-cig are pretty much the same for any cig, so any hints and tips from this forum should be applicable to your cig.

I think you probably have one of those e-cigs with a tiny cartridge within the bottom with a bit of stuffing, they are totally useless. If it is one of these, rather get yourself something like a Dura-C which has plenty of stuffing to soak up juice.

That said, I drip 90% of the time, the carts with stuffing are handy for mobile vaping.

DominionZA

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
I got my first kit from JJCale too. What a rip. R800 for the starter kit and R210 per bottle of juice. I was new to the "hobby" though so unaware of the pricing. I am now wiser and only buy from online shops (R450 for 901 starter kit and R70 for juice).

JJCale is up the road from me, but if I run dry on juice and hit an emergency, I will rather drive from Edenvale to Pretoria to pick-up from my online supplier.

Aucorium

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I was also caught out when I purchased my first e-cig with rip off suppliers. Until I started looking around on the net. The worst price for juice I found was at a local chemist selling 10ml for R240, and it was selling like hot cakes as well.

If you look around at some of the China direct suppliers you get a good sense to what the wholesale pricing must be like. I dont mind paying a premium from local suppliers after all they have to keep stock, import the stuff, keep online sites etc, but some suppliers seem to take advantage of customers with this new fangled e-smoking business.

addict

Jul 30, 2009
Alberton
Hi dave

I had a look at the kwik quit ecigs. From reading on the forum, I have picked up that the DSE models, will have "slb" engraved on the copper connections of the battery and the atomiser. The one I was interested in was the "pen style". Looks like a DSE 801, no engravings on connectors. This same model, I saw at a flea market stand, and it was marked as a 201, presumably the M 201.
Both places were asking R750, the DSE 801 can be bought for approx R500.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
There is another model pen style I forgot, RN 4072, That makes 3 models, that are almost identical in looks.

So they all look like Njoy's branded NCIG? which, correct me if I'm wrong, I think is simply a branded 801. With all these pen styles coming in from China it's probably impossible to figure out which is the real thing and which is a poor quality knockoff.

TheDealer

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 23, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier ad

TheDealer

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 23, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier ad
hi,

Just recently bought myself an ecig from jjcale after doing some research on the web i was overwelmed with the many brands etc so i just went out and bought one. the brand is called kwik-quit e-cigarette.

I bought Kwik Quit (KQ) in Pinetown - starter kit 599.95 plus 10 ml High R109.95
The shop had to swop 2 atomiser already for me - just stopped working. After i drowned the last one i got a replacement from a KQ quitter :) hmm not sure if it is also a KQ it seems to be more inconsistent while smoking - i used to be a 60 a day smoker and now for 3month free and no gravings at all for a normal cig. last week i was out for about 6 hours when i drowned my KQ in the pool and also no gravings - i bought a backup from the pharmacie just calles E-Cigarette for R300 - hmmm its shorter and came with one battery only - the other batteries do also fit but it is not as efficient to me as the KQ
I am new here in the forum and have not checked what the really god e - cigs are - but i will check it through

Robert

stephenrowley

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
If its the e- cigarette that comes in a black box and the letter e is in like a puplish colour, I have been told by many that they lack in quality and in most cases are giving electronic cigarettes a bad name, as many assume that the quality of electronic cigarette are all the same... so after buying one many will just right off electronic cigarettes completely to bad quality which is unfortunate for them, as there electronic cigarettes out there that do deliver.

i have been very happy with the Kwik Quit - and still not touched a Cigarette - no cravings for them anyhow

Since i smoked pipe long ago i got myself a E-pipe 601 - 2 days on it now - and no e - cigarette so far - i am just not sure how much liquid i have to refill ? my first refill took almost a quarter bottle - is that right ? anyone got some knowledge with pipes ?

thx Robert

thx Stephen - now hmmm that should last longer than a day ? and is that not to much nikotin intake ? - with the e-cigarette a bottle lasts me good 2 weeks - so my consumption will be much higher then
now last night the battery needed recharging and i went back to the cigarette - yaks now it tasted burned to me ? or do i need to clean the e - cigarette thoroughly ?

stephenrowley

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
A burnt taste is usually because the wick that the heating coil is wrapped around has got to dry while vaping and burnt, not much you can do here on the pipe as you can not put it in water etc, best bet is to put drops directly onto the atomizer two or three drops and keep adding to the atomizer, adda drop every 5 drags or so this might help get rid of the burnt taste, do not worry to much it will go away.

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
Hi Rob kalle.

I have been using the DSE601 E-Pipe now for a month and a half. I never smoked a pipe before, but after watching a YouTube video from asidrave (Rahul) I decided, I had to have one.

I use mine on a day to day basis. I take mine to work. I work at a big corporate with open plan offices. I do not smoke mine at my desk, but do smoke my other devices at my desk. I then use my pipe when I have a coffee break. For the rest of the time I use it as a pacifier. I absolutely love the thing. I am awaiting another one that I ordered for a backup.

I also had two Kwik Quit starter packs, and that is how I got started on E-cigs. I sold my two starter packs last week to a buddy of mine that battled to get atty’s at his local tobacco store. It was a sad moment, but I did not use it anymore, since I have a Trog Screwdriver also. My buddy already had three started packs, and decided that this is the device for him going forward. He also ordered a passthrough for the Kwik Quit and is awaiting delivery.

On the pipe, I would suggest, searching on this forum. I blow out the atty every night, and take the battery out when going to bed. This was all explained to me on the link DSE601 Autopsy on this forum. There is a lot of Info on the DSE601. Mine recently started where I have to give it a soft tap, to get it to work. This I also read on the forum. All in all it is an awesome device. It is a bit of a juice HOG. The cartridge takes 2 Ml when empty, but lasts me about 8 hours.(I am a heavy vape). Tinstar15, told me this his lasted for four months, without any cleaning or maintenance, but with a lot of abuse.

Some of the guys on this forum that is quite knowledgeable on the DSE601 is Raenon,
tinstar15 and asidrave. I clean and look after mine carefully, since I am a heavy vapour, and as I said, I use it as a pacifier almost. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread