Status
Not open for further replies.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
First I would find a new vape shop that has employees that actually know what they are doing. Many shops have rebuilding classes. Learning the basics of building would be a good start.

Things you need are

an ohm meter or a multimeter to test the resistance of your coils

knowledge of what the proper batteries are for what you are trying to build

Knowledge of ohms law and use of mechanical mods in general

Knowledge of coil building, including what wire to use, how many wraps, etc.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
My first two thoughts are that,like wraith said, you're running your resistance too low.
Without knowing exactly what battery you have or what hydrogen rated for I would set it up to be around a 0.7-0.8 ohm. Right now you are putting a serious strain on the battery and could cause a meltdown other short. Both are bad.
Not sure what gauge wire you are using but I would either use a thunder (higher gauge) lanthanum and use more wraps.
-that would be my first move - at minimum a 0.7 build. (Estimate due to not knowing your battery)
If that doesnt solve your problem lower the nic on your juice. Would be my next step.
Either way your build does need to be set at a higher resistance, for safety sake.
there is a lot more to vaping safely bad things can happen if not done safely.
this is a great thread to get some good info
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=

Last edited:

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
My first two thoughts are that,like wraith said, you're running your resistance too low.
Without knowing exactly what battery you have or what hydrogen rated for I would set it up to be around a 0.7-0.8 ohm. Right now you are putting a serious strain on the battery and could cause a meltdown other short. Both are bad.
Not sure what gauge wire you are using but I would either use a thunder (higher gauge) lanthanum and use more wraps.
-that would be my first move - at minimum a 0.7 build. (Estimate due to not knowing your battery)
If that doesnt solve your problem lower the nic on your juice. Would be my next step.
Either way your build does need to be set at a higher resistance, for safety sake.
there is a lot more to vaping safely bad things can happen if not done safely.
this is a great thread to get some good info
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=
I probably would suggest building it at 1.2 I wouldnt go under 1 without having a clue as to what battery is in that thing.

slappy3139

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
New Iberia, LA, USA
To the OP

I would not go back to that vape shop if I were you, they are not doing you any favors giving you a .2 ohm build on your RDA. I don't know what kind of battery you have, but that coil build is drawing close to a 20 amp current from a fully charged battery. There are only a limited number of batteries that can safely handle that kind of load. Jeez, there are some really irresponsible vape shops out there and their numbers seem to be growing.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thank you for your help, all of the builds I've had so far have been done by other people, the last one I had built, the build I have now that read 0.2 was done by the dude at the smoke shop on the atomizer that he sold me. I'm definitely not into the idea of blowing myself up and I want to learn how to be safe and have a good build. I wanna learn how to do it correctly and safely before I start to build myself.

that was very irresponsible of the smoke shop.

you should be working with at least 1 ohm coils when you are inexperienced.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
You already have some great suggestions so I just wanted to
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
you to ecf xggx . You can easily see why ecf is so special. Always someone here to help you. Good luck and happy vaping. :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Just to check - it sounded from the earlier post like maybe you were "trying to fix the coil" while it's wicked?
That could be the problem with the whole "almost on fire" thing - to fix hotspots, and fiddle with the coil, you want the wick OUT.
And please don't touch the coil WHILE firing!!!

But I also agree that you want to start with a higher resistance coil until or unless you intentionally want to go to the "edge" for a super-hot vape with extreme power draw...

Hi all, sorry for the lack of response, I got really overwhelmed and had to take a step back for a bit from this whole business. thanks so much for all the feedback. i got myself the tools and with a little bit of research and help from an electrician friend i built my own 28 gauge kanthal coils for my vape. i did 3 coils and now have my resistance at 1 ohm. it hits nicely and not as hot and heavy as before. seems like a perfect fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread