New to RDA's and have a question on wicking materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelpeavy

Feb 18, 2014
Ft Bliss, TX
Ok, normal disclaimer...searched for the answers or topic for what I'm looking for and about to ask.

Current gear: Maraxus clone mod, Tesla VV, Kanger PT2/3, Nimbus RDA and AGA T-3 RDA.

Have been reading and watching videos all over trying to learn the best wick materials and coil builds and proper ways of the trade with RDA's. My B&M set me up proper with organic cotton balls, 32AWG Kanthal and an explanation of what build to use on what device as Ohms go.

Couple of lingering questions still:

What are appropriate wick materials to use other than cotton balls, silica and cotton rope, and steel mesh? Reason I ask, saw a youtube vid where the guy recommended "Peaches and Cream" yarn from Walmart. Now to be fair it was white, but is that an acceptable material? If so, it would make for some super cheap supplies.

Also, I've ordered some 30AWG Kanthal. My goal is to build sub-ohm coils, is the 30AWG proper for that? The B&M here said sure, maybe, try it and see.

Finally, on the AGA I'm curious about everything. Can I build a sub-ohm coil for use on it, and if so, do I need to run the wick down the middle of the coils and into the tank tube since it has to wick up? Or can I build the coils and run the wick down and over the coils? I'm pretty solid on the Nimbus, but this one is an entirely different beast. At least it seems that way to me. (Doc Dave's double straw is a pretty sweet build with the mesh nonetheless)

Any suggestions, tips or whatever is greatly appreciated.
cleardot.gif

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Peaches and cream yarn is used by a lot of vapor but it must be natural not dyed. White is dyed.

This chart may be helpful in building sub ohm coils. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZEtmY0pPYzBvdUw2blJHVjdkc1E&usp=sharing#gid=0

AGA...yes you can build sub-ohms with it. I made a coil around some German silica and ran the wick down the hole but it didn't wick fast enough for me. I don't understand your second way of doing this. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread