New to RDAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanUNC

May 9, 2015
So I made the jump from rebuilding my Subtank pre-built coils to RDAs recently. Ended up with some sort of Derringer Clone. I am really enjoying it, but I am looking for something with a little more airflow up top and something that doesn't collect a lot of juice in the tip. I run my little eleaf 50w to just about max with the current .4 ohm dual coil setup and I really don't want to have to buy another battery just to support a new RDA. Any suggestions for a good clone? Basically I am looking for flavor with a really airy draw that I am not constantly cleaning juice off of.

Ryan

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
You might like to check out the Haze Mini. Its compact, leak free, easy to build on, and extremely airy. I haven't used anything else since I bought it.

I glad for you, but kind of jealous about your success rebuilding the OCC heads. I tried and tried with no joy. I have tried tens of different combinations of wicking and all I get is poor vapor and dry hits.

RyanUNC

May 9, 2015
You might like to check out the Haze Mini. Its compact, leak free, easy to build on, and extremely airy. I haven't used anything else since I bought it.

I glad for you, but kind of jealous about your success rebuilding the OCC heads. I tried and tried with no joy. I have tried tens of different combinations of wicking and all I get is poor vapor and dry hits.

The vertical coil was the ticket for getting those OCC heads to not burn up, just got to be careful that the legs don't cross when putting it all back together.

Checking out all the recommended RDAs tonight. Thanks guys!

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
So I made the jump from rebuilding my Subtank pre-built coils to RDAs recently. Ended up with some sort of Derringer Clone. I am really enjoying it, but I am looking for something with a little more airflow up top and something that doesn't collect a lot of juice in the tip. I run my little eleaf 50w to just about max with the current .4 ohm dual coil setup and I really don't want to have to buy another battery just to support a new RDA. Any suggestions for a good clone? Basically I am looking for flavor with a really airy draw that I am not constantly cleaning juice off of.

Ryan
I. Adore. My. Troll RDA. It's made by Wotofo, and it's authentic. I payed $33 bucks for it after B&M mark up. Cheap. Airy. Reliable. Tons of build room. And it has 4 holes due to a double center post. So, you can even run quad coils on this thing! ;) Check it out. Just don't over juice. I do that a lot. And when I do, if I exhale through the tip before hitting it, juice sometimes leaks out the airflow. But, if you don't, you're good to go.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States

Why rebuild the occ when you can just use the rba deck?

RyanUNC

May 9, 2015
@RyanUNC I found a tutorial video and built my first vertical OCC coil. No dry hits on, OK vapor production and flavor. I need to build a few more to prefect the build, but thanks a lot for the tip.
There was a guy on here who had a nice write up for it as well.

Why rebuild the occ when you can just use the rba deck?
I have the full sized (old) subtank, the chimney is tiny and was just an overall pain to switch back and forth as you have to actually screw it apart.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
So I am leaning towards the Mutation v4, but I also like the Dark Horse and El Cabron. The only sites I have used so far are MtBaker and Misthub...neither have these in stock. Any recommended/trusted sites that have them?
Dark horse authentic I got from bevapehappy.com. El Cabron authentic from rbavapor.com. I've got authentic mutation x original and v3 versions, but I don't remember where I got them.... possibly eBay. Lately I have been using the Doge X v2 when I want that kind of airflow, though. I don't have a mutation v4 yet.... I have enough similar RDAs with under the coil airflow, though, so I might pass on it. Anything with airflow directly underneath the coil is a different kind of draw with slightly different flavor, but requires more careful dripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread