1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

New to REO Grand

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Jet Knight, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jet Knight

Jet Knight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just waiting to get my REO Grand and excited to try this new vaping experience. Not so crazy about RBA's and atty's in general as I'm new to this. Since my eyesight ain't what it used to be, building these coils, micro-coils, etc should be eventful. Yet, excited to try, and experience the "Full Mech. Mod" sensation. Any tips will be helpful...thanks! :)

2. thinkingaboutit

thinkingaboutit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Did you get a reomizer? It's a really forgiving rebuildable! Worst thing is you make the coils with longer tails for threading and waste a little kanthal. Well worth it. They don't have to be pretty coils to give a great vape.

Enjoy, and welcome!

3. unsure

unsure ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  4. UKPaul

UKPaul Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome JK, you will not be disappointed with the REO.

I enjoy mine a little more every day. :)

5. Jet Knight

Thanks, Yes, I got it with the Reomizer, but probably will try the LR atty first since I can't see very well and waiting to get some magnifying equipment before I make my first coil. :unsure:

6. oldbroad

oldbroad I'll never again go outside the box Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to Reoville Jet...the best place to learn every and anything about vaping your Reo mod. And make a ton of new friends who quickly become family!

7. thinkingaboutit

thinkingaboutit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

8. MamaTried

MamaTried Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome!

I also have pretty poor eyesight and used LR attys for a while until i worked up the courage to try the RM2. I use +5 reading glasses i found at a dollar store and this mainly for the magnifier.

My first coil took 2 hours, most of that time spent trying to get the wires into the teeny tiny post holes. Now, I'm down to 15 minutes or less.

Patience, more than a little stubbornness, and an extremely well-lit workplace are your friends :)

9. Jet Knight

10. FACE MEAT

FACE MEAT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  11. UKPaul

UKPaul Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Light is your best friend when building micros.

12. aarhus

aarhus Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you can get one of those magnifying lamps then It'll help. If the magnification is not high enough, you can increase it by wearing magnifying glasses.

Welcome to Reoville :D

13. Della Cirque

Della Cirque Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

14. Jet Knight

15. Jet Knight

I guess, I can use one of my VV/VW Mod's with an ohms reading ability for now. :vapor:

16. Raynman

Raynman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That should be good enough. Welcome to the mad house of happy vapers!

17. NicoHolic

NicoHolic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to Reoville, Jet Knight, and congratulations on your REO Grand! What color(s) did you order?

Many of us here are up in age, many with vision issues, and some with shaky hands. It just takes a little longer to get there, but once there, it soon becomes routine. As said above, light is your friend. The brighter, the more your pupils stop down, and the greater your depth of field of focus. We look forward to rejoicing with you upon the arrival of your new mod. :)

18. Spunky

Spunky Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome Jet Knight! I am fairly new to Reo's as well and finally took the plunge with RM2. Love em!! And don't even need that magnifying glass I bought. Just reading glasses. Hey, if I can do it anybody can!
    I also got my ohm meter today!Yipee!! If you put yourself on waiting list they email you and I lucked out and got one before they sold out again!
    Again, welcome, there is a lot of fine people here to help you. Believe me, I asked, they helped :)
    Debbie

19. MamaTried

MamaTried Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

that will certainly do.

to get one of the others. best bet is to add your email to the "notify me" thingy on whatever site and hope you get lucky because they often sell out in hours or even minutes after they get some in stock.

they are pretty simple devices. if i had any gumption whatsoever, i'd start manufacturing some to fund my retirement.

oh, wait- i'm already retired. nevermind :)

20. Jet Knight

Expecting mine tomorrow, and kinda excited about it and see what all the fuss is all about. Got mine in a black wrinkled with silver vein? Along with a Reomizer V2, wick and 30gauge wire. Was kinda deciding if I should have gotten the VV Reo Grand, but lack of sufficient cash flow helped me decide easier, LOL. Anyway, hope the Reomizer comes set up and coiled already to start me up, or else just have to use one of my Joyetech Atty or Cisco LR 306 atty. Hope it works with those atty's.

: madvapes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.