New to site but been reading over a year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie0314

Jul 29, 2015
Haven't had an analog for over a year as of June 16 2015. Never felt better but getting burnt on my fruity flavors quickly. Might need a new setup, any suggestions? Current setup is a couple spinners vv that I can easily wear on a lanyard and an mvp 2.0 with mini aspire naitilus but I've had my eye on new sub-ohm tanks and I know my mvp won't cut it. Suggestions that won't break the bank very welcome!

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
The MVP 3.0 Pro goes up to 60w and will fire down to .2Ω coils. One of the YouTube reviewers - Vapin' Heathen - just did a "Big Sub Tank Showdown" and compared like 20 different sub-ohm tanks and picked his favorite. Once I got into vaping, I got most of my information from here and the YouTube reviewers like GrimmGreen, VapingwithTwisted420, Ruby Roo, and RipTrippers (occasionally...he's a bit too animated for me but good info).

Reactions: Stephanie0314

Stephanie0314

Jul 29, 2015
The MVP 3.0 Pro goes up to 60w and will fire down to .2Ω coils. One of the YouTube reviewers - Vapin' Heathen - just did a "Big Sub Tank Showdown" and compared like 20 different sub-ohm tanks and picked his favorite. Once I got into vaping, I got most of my information from here and the YouTube reviewers like GrimmGreen, VapingwithTwisted420, Ruby Roo, and RipTrippers (occasionally...he's a bit too animated for me but good info).
Me too! I got most of my info by googling and always ended up on here with everything I needed! Also youtube but it's recently became too much like commercials other than actual facts and reviews, to me anyway. I love my mvp but it's pretty heavy and easy to misplace being the only reason I use the spinner around my neck lol. But since buying the s6 edge without removable battery I've definitely found the charging ability I never used or when needed forgot it was in my purse but since Samsung took away removable battery I've charged my phone got a few in Wally World etc to make it to my car charger. Does the 3.0 still have that capability? Does any other mod have it that you know of?

Reactions: DoubleEwe

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Also youtube but it's recently became too much like commercials other than actual facts and reviews, to me anyway.

I think you are right Stephanie. Most of it is now commercials, as I see it. Sad really. Grandfathers of the vaping scene selling out to the $$.

Stephanie0314

Jul 29, 2015
I'll definitely check out the other youtubers I haven't seen yet though. I'm brand new to sub as in I don't even have one yet lol. My most expensive tank is my mini nautilus that at first I thought was the bomb but recently with some flavors have found myself favoring more the kanger mini 3 I caught on sale or even t3s I'll use for new juices I'm not positive I want to spoil a more expensive coil replace on aspire if I don't like the flavor. Am I the only one mad that I can't find the original I call them anyway, coils by kanger with the wicks? Plus I've ran across some online called occ or something like that but they use cotton instead. Any thoughts? Am I posting in the right place even lol. Sorry. Lots to say.

Stephanie0314

Jul 29, 2015
I think you are right Stephanie. Most of it is now commercials, as I see it. Sad really. Grandfathers of the vaping scene selling out to the $$.
It's a real shame too because I used to get allot out of those videos and enjoyed watching. Now it's just I feel like ppl reviewing things they got free but I won't lol and if it's not what they cracked it up to be I'll have another piece of hardware sitting collecting dust wasting money! That's why I have always loved this site! Real people telling it how it is with real everyday experience with the product.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Wow... talk about coincidence.

2 weeks ago I ordered a selection of SOCC TOCC VOCC coils for "old" Kanger clearomisers.

These seem (to me) to be exactly the same as the old ones, except with cotton wool wicks. I am trying out the first one today.. on T3S clearomiser (plastic) and am going to the basement later to find all my Protanks.

So far, it's working well. I primed it good (soaked it, really) and the first few puffs weren't great, but it's tasting good now. :)

Stephanie0314

Jul 29, 2015
Wow... talk about coincidence.

2 weeks ago I ordered a selection of SOCC TOCC VOCC coils for "old" Kanger clearomisers.

These seem (to me) to be exactly the same as the old ones, except with cotton wool wicks. I am trying out the first one today.. on T3S clearomiser (plastic) and am going to the basement later to find all my Protanks.

So far, it's working well. I primed it good (soaked it, really) and the first few puffs weren't great, but it's tasting good now. :)
I'm going to have to order some. I asked my go to smoke shop and they didn't have them yet nor an opinion of them. I want that taste back. I get it with my aspire but it seems like after a short time (even switching flavors) the coil seems to mute the flavor. I'm super excited about the cotton as I've read several stories on here of ppl who rebuilt the original kanger coils using cotton and the taste was great! I'm still not sure about entering the sub-ohm scene but still want to buy a mod capable of it if and when I do choose to. I've seen allot of new tanks come out. It's just weird I'll find myself often reverting back to basic protank 2 etc and getting as good if not better than my mini naut! As for any leaking I was always able to fix the issue either adding extra flavor wic to keep juice from pouring through or increasing voltage for some.

Stephanie0314

Jul 29, 2015
Once you got your thread posts you will be able to roam free in the forum and you will be able to find whatever info you want. :)
I am figuring it out slowly but surely. Can't wait to learn even more and also maybe help a new vapor with some of the things I'd learned googling and always ending up reading ALLOT on here

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
@Stephanie0314 the MVP 3.0 Pro does output charging like the 2.0, it's basically the same function and features as the old MVP that is now able to do sub-ohming and goes to 60w instead of 20w. Back when I was an EVOD and Protank guy, I would take the stock coil heads and pull all the silica out and thread a few strands of organic cotton yarn (Sugar n' Cream or Peaches n' Cream?) thru where the silica was. The flavor was so much better than that silica wicking. As for sub-ohming, I would talk to your local vape shop and see if they have any setup for testing. My first sub-ohm tank was the Kanger Sub-Tank, now I have that one and a mini. You can buy the coil head replacements or you can rebuild it yourself to save some $$$. Flavor is a whole let better out of these new tanks than the old ones. Basically everything about them is better - flavor, vapor, capacity, ease of use...my poor EVODS haven't seen the light of day in over a year.

Reactions: Stephanie0314

Stephanie0314

Jul 29, 2015
@Stephanie0314 the MVP 3.0 Pro does output charging like the 2.0, it's basically the same function and features as the old MVP that is now able to do sub-ohming and goes to 60w instead of 20w. Back when I was an EVOD and Protank guy, I would take the stock coil heads and pull all the silica out and thread a few strands of organic cotton yarn (Sugar n' Cream or Peaches n' Cream?) thru where the silica was. The flavor was so much better than that silica wicking. As for sub-ohming, I would talk to your local vape shop and see if they have any setup for testing. My first sub-ohm tank was the Kanger Sub-Tank, now I have that one and a mini. You can buy the coil head replacements or you can rebuild it yourself to save some $$$. Flavor is a whole let better out of these new tanks than the old ones. Basically everything about them is better - flavor, vapor, capacity, ease of use...my poor EVODS haven't seen the light of day in over a year.
I wander if there is a place on here where people can sell, trade, or pass down their old hardware which I have some good stuff for starters not looking to or can't spend allot.

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
There is, I think you have to sign up? Some people got ripped off in the past so now there are some hoops to jump through. Maybe hang on to it for a bit, might run into a friend or co-worker looking to quit and you can hook them up to get off the analogs...and tell them about ECF :D

Reactions: AllElseFailed

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Haven't had an analog for over a year as of June 16 2015. Never felt better but getting burnt on my fruity flavors quickly. Might need a new setup, any suggestions? Current setup is a couple spinners vv that I can easily wear on a lanyard and an mvp 2.0 with mini aspire naitilus but I've had my eye on new sub-ohm tanks and I know my mvp won't cut it. Suggestions that won't break the bank very welcome!

You've been reading info on the site for a year and your showing restraint still using spinners.
Or perhaps just been happy with them until now.

kelleyjo333

Jan 27, 2014
Chattanooga, TN
Hello, my first post but like @Stephanie0314 i've been coming here for a long time, such a wealth of information. Just wanted to say that my 2nd setup after ego style was the MVP 2.0 and loved it but once I got into regulated box mods that use batteries, not built in, I felt a new freedom. Just carrying an extra battery along and not having to worry about charging up before leaving the house or wherever, AWESOME!!
I am about to buy another regulated box mod, I currently have a Zero Mod with a Kanger Subtank mini and other than moving into a temp control device it has to use the 18650 battery.
Good luck with whatever you decide and welcome hope to see you all around! :p

Reactions: theddead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread