New to squonking, looking for MOD recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassandraschild

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Springfield VA
So I just fell in love with squonking a couple of days ago, and I'm looking for mod recommendations that fit the following requirements:

1. TC
2. Regulated
3. Can use different rda's
4. TC wattage can be changed.

I have a Dripbox 160, and a Wraith 80. As I understand it, I won't be able to use other rda's with the Dripbox, correct? I like the Wraith, but the way the battery/bottle holder is, I'm wondering how long it will last.

Thank you in advance!

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
So I just fell in love with squonking a couple of days ago, and I'm looking for MOD recommendations that fit the following requirements:

1. TC
2. Regulated
3. Can use different RDA's
4. TC wattage can be changed.

I have a Dripbox 160, and a Wraith 80. As I understand it, I won't be able to use other RDA's with the Dripbox, correct? I like the Wraith, but the way the battery/bottle holder is, I'm wondering how long it will last.

Thank you in advance!
You can use any atomizer you want on the dripbox..... Here's mine with my Goon 22
3b94e9d4d56c2e87ecc2ec478bcf48b3.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

cassandraschild

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Springfield VA
I stand corrected and just tested it myself. The only issue I have is that since you can't adjust the wattage in TC mode, it eats batteries like they were going out of style :-( Otherwise, it would just stay with the Dripbox 160.

BTW, I love the button colors on yours!

Last edited:

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
I stand corrected and just tested it myself. The only issue I have is that since you can't adjust the wattage in TC mode, it eats batteries like they were going out of style :-( Otherwise, it would just stay with the Dripbox 160.

BTW, I love the button colors on yours!
The black comes with the red buttons which is kinda cool. Didn't know you couldn't change the watts in temp control since I don't use it, that sucks....

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
@Steamer861 How sturdy is the Inbox? Price isn't much of an issue for me thankfully, so finding something that will last a long time is a plus also.

To be honest I don't have an Inbox, so for it's build quality IDK :(
I will say Hcigar usually does a great job on their mods.
I have a few regulated BF'ers I made my self out of 3D printed enclosure's with DNA40's.
I have them a long time now.

If budget isn't an option check out the Sunbox! there high end Italian Squonkes, Very Nice!
You mite also want to look at the Steamcrave BF'er :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rossum

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Geekvape Gbox S100! I have one coming in the mail from cvapor.com for $48 shipped.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
I ordered one from them a couple of weeks ago and then got an email 2 day's later from them saying it wasn't available... Told them to refund my money [emoji34]

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I ordered one from them a couple of weeks ago and then got an email 2 day's later from them saying it wasn't available... Told them to refund my money [emoji34]

Mine hit Chicago yesterday and is due to be delivered on Saturday. Sucks you couldn't get one.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

fido5150

Apr 28, 2013
United States
I recently got into squonking and I almost got a Lost Vape Therion BF, but ended up going with a Reo Grande.

The biggest complaint about the Therion is the removable plastic tray between the battery and squonk bottle, but people also say you can just leave it out with no problems.

If I ever decide to pick up a regulated squonker it'll be a Therion or Halcyon (good luck finding the latter though).

Reactions: b.m. and Izan

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I've have a VTinbox - it's my only regulated squonker.

I have not used it for very long, but for the price it works very well, and seems sturdy enough. I wouldn't want to drop it on concrete - pretty sure the body is a zinc alloy that may crack or dent easily. The mod is fairly light weight and on the small size, so it's not bad in the pocket, but my mech squonkers are a bit smaller.

My kit included a Maze V2 RDA and a second cap made from ultem. It works very well with the mod, and the short ultem cap gives good flavor.

Can't tell about long term, but so far so good.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I recently got into squonking and I almost got a Lost Vape Therion BF, but ended up going with a Reo Grande.

The biggest complaint about the Therion is the removable plastic tray between the battery and squonk bottle, but people also say you can just leave it out with no problems.

If I ever decide to pick up a regulated squonker it'll be a Therion or Halcyon (good luck finding the latter though).
The battery tray thing on the Therion is more of an annoyance than an issue haha,it is a great mod though,i would highly recommend it.The Halcyon is a very nice mod too,but since getting the Therion,the Halcyon has been sitting on the shelf only because it's easier to just swap out a battery rather than waiting for the lipo to charge in the Halcyon.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I wouldn't want to drop it on concrete - pretty sure the body is a zinc alloy that may crack or dent easily.

Well it does survive a drop from 3 feet to concrete, butter fingers right here dropped it a few weeks back.

Didn't crack but there is a nice little dent in the corner that doesn't affect the way the mod sits on a table. I got off easy I think.

32797225233_6577d46076_z.jpg

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I have an VT Inbox also and have been very pleased with it. I have a couple HCigar mods and have been happy with all of them. Mine has been sturdy, but I haven't dropped it..... ;)

I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a single 18650 regulated squonker. If you want to vape at higher watts 80+ though, the choices are very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread