New to the forum and E-cigs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
Hello fellow e-cig users! I am really glad to be here, and I am looking forward to getting more into the world of personal vaporizers. I am fortunate to live a short drive away from Vapor's Haven in Easthampton Massachusetts, and today I purchased my first e-cig!

Since I am a heavy smoker and go through one pack a day of American Spirit cigarettes, I bought the X-power 900 based on the store owner's recommendation. I have to say that I am really enjoying it a lot. I was also considering the Mega eGo models that they carried, but after reading a few reviews and listening to the store owner's opinion, I went with the x-power (who knows, maybe I'll try the eGo or something else down the road?). I am not so sure if I like the flavor of the 555 cartridge or not, but I am looking forward to exploring all the tasty options that are available.

I cannot believe that I haven't smoked a regular (analog) cigarette since I bought the x-power 900 about 2 hours ago! I think this is really going to work great for me in quitting analog cigs all together. I have 6 analogs left, and I plan on never buying another pack again (knock on wood, lol).

I bought the x-power 900 kit that came with 2 batteries, an atomizer, and 5 cartridges. I also bought a 5-pack of 555 cartridges (but I'm not so sure if the 555 was a good choice or not). Based on the little amount of research that I have done, I am sure I will be picking up some cartomizers by the end of the week. I really like the thick and big throat hit feeling, and from what the store owner told me, I will probably like the bigger throat hit feeling from the cartomizers more than from the atomizers. I definitely have a lot to learn about these devices and what they are capable of. I would love to meet some other e-cig users in the New England area to learn some advanced vaping/tinkering techniques, and maybe check out some mods or some tasty juices as well. For the time being, I am really very stoked about this x-power e-cig. It is such a cool little device!

As silly as it may seem, I am also looking forward to trying it out in the restaurant I am going to be eating at tonight, as well as using it afterwards in bed while watching T.V..

Last edited:

HeadLikeOrange

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Massachusetts, USA
Good luck, don't beat yourself up if you can't completely drop the 'logs for a while, and have fun!

I also live in Massachusetts and discovered quickly that it's a lot less hassle to simply not vape in places like restaurants and bars. I assumed I'd be able to educate a lot of people on the benefits of vaping; in actuality, I just got a lot of really dirty looks. To each their own, though. Welcome!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Grats!

555 is a vanilla/nut tobacco (some are sweet, some not, some with strong tobacco taste, some with hardly any, some more nutty)

RY4 is a vanilla/caramel tobacco (ditto on the variations)

A lot of people like both but usually buy more premium handmade versions

This list will give you an idea of flavor of the RY4's of various companies. If you see something interesting you could see if the same company has a 555 or other interesting tobaccos.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...views/193327-really-big-ry4-roundup-long.html

For normal tobacco flavors, start with the New Members sticky thread about tobacco flavor -- it starts with one person telling others they don't need tobacco flavor but many vapers prefer or need tobacco flavors and LOTS of the comments are people naming their favorite tobacco flavor.

Re cartos - most popular for Ego are Boge 2 ohm (also the simplest) and I recommend when starting with cartos you look for thinner juices like 80PG/20VG. If you want the most singe-proof way to start, try the Boge 3 ohm first (not as hot)

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Many of us vape openly but respectfully in resturants, sports bars, stores, etc. From my own experience as well as the majority of comments on this topic on various vaping sites, the reaction is primarily quite positive. It also provides us the opportunity to dispel any uninformed information about vaping and present a positive approach to quiting the real thing.

Good Luck

paulisded

Dec 1, 2011
United States
Since I live in an area that's not really informed about these devices, I pick and choose where I'll use them in public. For example, if there aren't many people in my fave coffee shop I have no problem using them there. The staff is aware of what I have, and they have no complaints. If the place is filled, particularly with folks that don't seem hip to these things, I'll just wait until I leave. Common courtesy, I guess.

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
So far I am loving my e-cig! I think I made a good choice with the x-power, but I have nothing to compare it to. The other model I was considering was the eGo Tank. Today I used my x-power 900 outside and inside a hospital (very discreetly), and in a restaurant with no bad looks from anyone. I'll use my discretion about where and when to puff on it in public places.

Dormouse- Thanks for the link! I definitely need to check out some more flavors. I don't mind the 555, but it can leave a burning sensation that is not the pleasant kind of burn.

Today, I smoked half of an analog first thing in the morning and then I left my pack at home. I used the x-power all day, and when I got home in the evening, I tried a couple puffs off my morning cig, and it just about made me gag. I think I will be dropping the analogs altogether now (It probably helps that I am a little under the weather). I can already feel minor withdrawals from all the chemicals that are pumped into analogs! Can't wait for my smoker's cough to clear up!

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
Burnside - welcome to the forum. You will find so many wonderful people here who are so knowledgeable and willing to help. Congrats on your purchase - hang in there through your withdrawal period. Everyone is different, but mine lasted at least a month. Once you are through that, then the good things start happening. I wish you the best of luck! Happy vaping! :vapor:

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
Thanks for the welcomes!

Just an update...

I haven't had an analog cig since december 4th, 2011. The e cig has made quitting analogs extremely easy for me. Right now, about a month later, I feel like I am ready for an upgrade. So today I ordered a Buzz Pro with two sets of batteries, a charger, and 5 super boge cartomizers at 3.0Ω. I think I made the right move in ordering a Buzz Pro. I got the clear/silver with brass end caps, and I plan on getting a matching empire drip shield and drip tip when they are back in stock. I did not get the M1A1 tank in order to keep the price lower. Total came to about 160.00.

Since I bought My x-power 900 e-cig locally, I have not saved as much money as I could have if I had done a little research before purchasing(I am okay with this because, at the time, all I cared about was quitting analogs). The x-power 900 cost me 105 bucks, plus the local vapor store charges $8.50 per x-power cartomizer and $16 or $24 bucks for the x-power atomizer (can't remember if it was $16 or $24 bucks). Shortly afterwards I found out that I would need an adapter to use with any other carts or attys on my x-power. I also saw how the x-power sells for almost half the price or less online than what I paid, and that I can get 5 x-power carts for almost the price of just one of the same exact x-power carts that my local vapor shop is selling them for. I am also not saving on e-juices from the local vapor shop (considering they sell them all at 1 dollar per/ml all the way up to 30ml). I'm just grateful I was able to quit analogs, otherwise I would probably feel even more taken advantage of as well as angry. If I had done my research, I would have probably gone with an ego or something similar that utilizes 510 cartomizers and atomizers. Oh well, live and learn.

From all the good things that I've heard about Backwoods Brew, I decided to order some 10 ml bottles after my first week of vaping the local vapor store's liquids (which began to grow tasteless to me, although I like their RY4 better than the BWB samples I tried). I picked up Watermelon, Maple Tobacco, Waffle, Malty, and cappuccino. I like the watermelon, cappuccino, and malty the best and I did not care too much for the maple tobac, and waffle. Overall, I was not too impressed with all of them even after a two or three week steep.

Last week I received a package from Alien Visions containing Bobba's Bounty, Gorilla Juice, and Raf-a-liscious. I like them all more than the BWB samples I tried (Still wanting to try BWB RY4, E-Joker, and Casablanca). The AVE juices are still growing on me, and I notice that I am liking each one more and more as each day passes. The Taste of the Bobba's is hard for me to describe and it seems to be constantly evolving on me. So I ended up ordering more (100ml each of the Gorilla Juice and The Bobba's) and they should be here tomorrow. If I grow tired of them, I will trade or sell them. Since I am using 24 mg juice, I might just order some more Gorilla Juice and Bobba's Bounty in 6mg or 0mg and mix it with my 24mg to cut the strength down or in half when I want to reduce my nic intake. I can't wait to see how these juices taste at higher voltages on the super boge carts!

I am extremely excited to enter the world of variable voltage and the higher voltage vaping experience, and I am counting the days until my new Buzz Pro arrives! This forum has been an incredible help for me as a newbie to the e-cig world. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend e-cigs, and this forum to anyone who is interested in getting off the analogs.

Last edited:

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
In defense of the X-power, I will say that it did a very fine job in helping me to quit analogs. The x-power battery lasts me 24+ hours of non stop vaping on one charge. The flavor and vape I get from the modified 301 lr cartomizer on a freshly charged battery is abundant, although I feel like I am left wanting more after a month of use (hence my purchase of the Buzz Pro earlier today). It will make a very nice back up model to my Buzz Pro even if I need a 5 dollar adapter in order to use the same cartomizers as the Buzz Pro (510). If I could do it over again, I probably would have gone with an ego or something that utilizes the 510 carts and attys for better compatibility with future mods and carts (nothing an adapter can't fix so not really an issue). The battery life is more than excpected although when it gets low the TH seems to be lacking.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Since I live in an area that's not really informed about these devices, I pick and choose where I'll use them in public. For example, if there aren't many people in my fave coffee shop I have no problem using them there. The staff is aware of what I have, and they have no complaints. If the place is filled, particularly with folks that don't seem hip to these things, I'll just wait until I leave. Common courtesy, I guess.

that's the way I operate too...we have been limited to where we could smoke for a long time now so it's not that hard to restrain myself or go outside.....

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
I too have been more selective about where I vape in public since I started vaping a month ago. If I'm really stressing for a nic fix in a public restaurant or bar, I just take it to the bathroom, or I do it like a ninja. I haven't been hassled or denied as of yet, but I would rather avoid that situation all together, so I just keep it on the down low when I am at a public place that is indoors. I love being able to vape in bed or while watching T.V. without it bothering my girlfriend!

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
Burnside
I have been vaping Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice ever since I found then, around 8 months ago. They have been my go to flavor since then. Great flavors!!
I haven't had a regular analog cig in over a year now, but I am new to the forums and live in Maryland. I know what you are saying about the ridiculous prices from local sources. There is a Kiosk in one of our malls that sells terrible e liquid at $25 for 10ml.
I started out with a KR808 with cartos, went to a super ego, added a map tank from Clouds of Vapor. Then got a apex ultra max with res system. After I got the ultra max, I found the iatty. So naturally now I'm working with a GG Stealth and an Odysseus.
Glad to hear your finding your groove.

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
Hey Keighles-
Still not sure where I stand on the BB's and GJ. Some days they taste good and other days not so good. The raf-a-liscious has been pretty good, but sometimes when I over do it, it can get very stale and harsh tasting as well. I'm still trying to find that sweet spot between, e-cig, cartos, batteries, and juice. At the moment I am dealing with some discouragement and frustration concerning my new mod and some bad boge cartos. You can read more about it here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/256178-bad-cartos-3.html#post5012514

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
That's a real bummer with your cartos. I know your frustration. But I have no experience with the vv mod. I have been using tank mods for quite some time, because of that same reason. Check out clouds of vapor. They may have something that will work for you. If you need an answer about a particular item Bruce is very helpful and quick to answer.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread