New to this and may need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckleyburn78

Jun 26, 2016
Hi everyone, I am new to the vaping thing and I enjoy it a lot so far. The problem I am having now is that none of my eliquids taste like anything anymore. I have only been vaping a few weeks so I didn't think that would happen so quickly. I have switched out coils and tried different liquids. If this question has already been asked, please let me know. I am not 100% knowledgeable on forum usage. Thanks a lot!

I use a Kanger SUB VOD

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Yeah, happens all the time. I just got my taste back. It's called vapers tongue and there's tons of threads on the topic. Everyone has their own remedies for it, from smelling coffee grounds, to mouthwash, to brushing your tongue when you do your teeth to menthol flavors. It'll come back. And it's the perfect time to use up some juice that isn't your favourite.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh! Any suggestions?

Welcome to the Buckleyburn78.

Switching Flavors during the day can Help. Some people say eating something Acidic like a Pickle Chip can work wonders. And Drinking plain old Water is always a Good Call.

A lot depends on How Much you Vape and How Often you Vape.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
I messed around with my settings after reading a posts here on coils, ohms, watts. What a difference it made. Select the search here on the forum or Google ecigarette atomizer ohms-What are they and how they affect your vape. May help.
Don't feel bad about forum usage...I am the worst. I couldn't find my own conversation for days.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
re: 'Vaper's Tongue'
Many vapers report that all e-liquids lose their flavor for a period. Another factor is the change in taste perception, mainly a loss of taste, caused by smoking, together with its return after tobacco cessation, followed by a period experienced by many when taste goes dead for a time during the first few months off cigarettes, even for those who have not used menthol. Vaper's Tongue soon passes. Some people give advice in how to speed up the return of taste, which can include methods such as vaping unflavored refills, using specific mouthwashes, and so on; but the sense of taste soon returns whatever is done or not done.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Hi everyone, I am new to the vaping thing and I enjoy it a lot so far. The problem I am having now is that none of my eliquids taste like anything anymore. I have only been vaping a few weeks so I didn't think that would happen so quickly. I have switched out coils and tried different liquids. If this question has already been asked, please let me know. I am not 100% knowledgeable on forum usage. Thanks a lot!

I use a Kanger SUB VOD
i switched to rayon from cotton for wicking. that cured 99.9%,, then an odd thing happened early this year,,,,,no humidity in Houston...I had to go buy a cheap humidifier.-- your sense of taste is based on your sense of smell. sometimes I would get a stuffed up nose.. time to take a cold/sinus med,, breath deep in the hot shower. thin down my near max vg juice. and vape flavors I didn't care much for.-- last time I had it,,, was for about a day,, before the rayon switch the VT would last a week.

rayon,,,,stuffed in the coil then thin it down more than you think to the juice holes= perfect.

Hero Protagonist

Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Vapor's tongue is kind of the same effect you get from smelling too many cologne's, one after another. It's why they keep those bottles of coffee grounds around to help clear the palette. For vaping, a nice icy menthol vape usually does the trick for me. I like to keep one handy, especially when tasting new juices in case I run into something particularly nasty and I want to get the taste out of my mouth before continuing on.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
i switched to rayon from cotton for wicking. that cured 99.9%...stuffed in the coil then thin it down more than you think to the juice holes= perfect.
Rayon helps with vaper's tongue? Really?

Is it because you say it can be chain vaped that that's the case?

I can't imagine how being able to be chain vaped will help - unless someone is getting vaper's tongue because they're chain vaping on cotton, and because it's unable to wick fast enough, lots of hits will be dry and taste bad?

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Rayon helps with vaper's tongue? Really?

Is it because you say it can be chain vaped that that's the case?

I can't imagine how being able to be chain vaped will help - unless someone is getting vaper's tongue because they're chain vaping on cotton, and because it's unable to wick fast enough, lots of hits will be dry and taste bad?
the cotton was acting like an old wet rug,, kinda doing nothing,, rayon was moving the juice to the wick.
cotton absorbs liquids,,but doesn't move those liquids as well as rayon.
so think of a wet rug,, getting 'dirt build up' every time you walk on it.. it sort of just cant hold more water/liquid and becomes more solid.

bottom line,,,,,,,i was vaping 20+/- mls with cotton and having chronic vapors tongue.. now I vape an easy 30mls -50/60 on mix days,, and no vapors tongue. I will never go back to cotton.

Reactions: Continuity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread