New to this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_sl

Oct 16, 2017
Norway
Hi all!

I quitted smoking three weeks ago and started vaping.
Im new to this, and would like some input and help on the way.
Right now i have a istick pico with a nautilus tank and 1.8ohm coil.
Does not provide the right smoke or taste that i want. Running it on 25W now.

I have bought some things from a web site in norway and may need some help putting togheter the right tank too the right mod.

I have bought:
-Eleaf iJust (battery)
-Aspire K4 (battery)
-Joyetech AIO D22 XL (battery)
-Aspire Cleito (tank)
-Joyetech Cubis Pro (tank)
-Aspire K3 (tank)
-and various coils for the Cubis pro tank.

All this was on blowout sale so i just want to explore different batteries to different tanks.

Looking forward to hear from you pros!

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, you've certainly got some variance in your types of equipment, so I think you'll find something you like. The only advice I'd give is to make sure when you are using sub0hm equipment, to use a lower nicotine strength juice (and possibly higher VG) but you may already know that.

Also, buying batteries from vendors usually means a rewrapped battery at artificial specs, so don't think that everything printed on the battery is going to be correct, the ones Mooch has tested usually come out testing at way lower specs than indicated.

For more on batteries go here: Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum this should get you started on battery safety and whatnot.

Good luck and welcome to ECF, hope one of those setups works for you!

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
hi and welcome,
I bet the 1.8Ω nautilus tastes burnt and super hot. :shock:
I would use that coil at 6-8 watts.
Give it a try under 10 watts.
The new K3, also at 1.8Ω = Start at less than 10 watts.

The K4 and the Ijust are "fixed" at about 60 watts output. Use the cleito with these tubes. DO NOT put the Nautilus nor the K3 on the K4/Ijust.
As noted, the Pico (provided you have a decent 20Amp battery) should fire everything in your arsenal.
Nicotine level for the 1.8Ω 6-12mg/ml
Nicotine level for the sub ohm coils 3-6mg/ml.

Best of luck
I

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Right now i have a istick pico with a nautilus tank and 1.8ohm coil.
Does not provide the right smoke or taste that i want. Running it on 25W now.

Ouch! As my learned colleagues have already noted, 25W is waay to high for a tiny 1.8 Ω Nautilus coil.

Here's a tip--for starters. Each premade coil you buy now comes with recommended wattage indicated somewhere on the coil's body (in the case of this coil, 12 watts because it's a dual coil). And on the box--if you buy a blister pack. Like this one:

1.jpg

Please, before you put any coil on your mod, read the instructions first. Then prime the coil well, let the eliquid saturate the wick, wait a minute or two, then start vaping--at the lowest recommended wattage--or lower. Then, if it's not enough, slowly increase the wattage until the vape is just to your liking! Never the other way around.:)

Welcome and good luck!

Adrian_sl

Oct 16, 2017
Norway
Thanks for all feedbacks.

I thought it worked well with 25W on the Nautilus but will give it a try with lower wattage and a new coil later.
Did not taste burnt or anything.

I ended up with the iStick Pico mod and a Cubis pro tank with a SS316 0.8Ohm MTL coil. this im running at 18W and the taste is good and the clouds as well. the battery i have in the Pico is a Samsung ICR18650-28A.

Right now i only have the right juice for MTL and not DL so i will by me up on some juice for this and try it later.

I`m always priming my coils good and let them saturate for 10-15min after i have filled liquid in the tank.
But I may be a little impatient when it comes to starting at low wattage, so i will start giving this a little more attention rather then hoping for high power and good taste.

Still new to this and have a lot to learn, so thanks again for all your help.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Samsung ICR18650-28A

Test of Samsung ICR18650-28A 2800mAh (Purple)

Conclusion: That is a good cell, but the requirement for a special charger to get the full benefit of the battery, does reduce the usefulness of it. Using it with a 4.2 volt charger negates any benefit of the higher voltage and capacity.

Per Mooch, who's our resident battery guru. Too much information? Sorry, I just never buy a battery without consulting Mooch's blog and charts. Force of habit. :) It's a good battery! Enjoy!

• Useful
Reactions: Adrian_sl

Adrian_sl

Oct 16, 2017
Norway
Test of Samsung ICR18650-28A 2800mAh (Purple)

Per Mooch, who's our resident battery guru. Too much information? Sorry, I just never buy a battery without consulting Mooch's blog and charts. Force of habit. :) It's a good battery! Enjoy!

There is loads of info i need to read up on i understand. Didnt think there was this much in it, but as i learn the more fun i have vaping.
Thanks for link and info

Reactions: glointhedark

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
There is loads of info i need to read up on i understand. Didnt think there was this much in it, but as i learn the more fun i have vaping.
Thanks for link and info

No, you don't! Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. Very few of us here understand what those tests really mean. :lol: What you have to learn is where to find the information you need and how to use it. I just read Mooch's conclusion and consult his charts of recommended batteries and vendors. That's all.

img_4813-jpg.643937

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Vaping is very scalable, just need to know how to adapt. The information below is basic and may give you a firmer foundation of beginners knowledge.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

• Informative
Reactions: Adrian_sl

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks all for the help and links you give me.
im still vaping my pico with the cubis pro and im super satisfied. adjusted it down to 14.5W now and the taste is even better, and not too hard hit.

So glad to hear that. Vaping may seem overwhelming, at first, with all the technical knowledge that we are all throwing at newcomers, but after a short while it will become much more intuitive. Just read the instructions and user's manuals, watch YouTube videos about your equipment--reviews and tutorials, and ask questions when in doubt. We're here to help and cheer you on! :)

FogGoblin

Oct 17, 2017
Sharon, PA. USA
Congratulations and stick with it. There is a heck of a learning curve but it's quick to learn the basics. like others have said, do your research. Watch the how to and review videos on youtube. You may need to watch more than one video on the same topic by different people to see who's style you like and can relate to the best. The only piece of equipment that I have that is the same as yours is the Aspire Cleito tank. I love it. Not only does it deliver a good taste it can chuck some half decent clouds. Also, you can get a build deck for it if and when you decide to start building your own coils and there is a 5ml tank available for it. I hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread