New to vaping? Avoid volcano like the plague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetawho

Feb 16, 2013
atlanta
I just thought I would post this here as a thread like this would have saved me a ton of money when I bought my blu ecigs and wanted to switch to something that was longer lasting and more refillable.

First, I quit smoking immediately after purchasing a blu e-cig from a local Walgreens. It worked wonderfully. What I hated about it was the batteries don't last very long but the recharging kit worked nicely. What I will say is that you'll want more.

I have a decent job so I have some disposable income. I quit smoking about 6 weeks ago. Most of the items I purchased since the blu are in use with the exception of volcano e-cigs's Inferno and Lavatube. I'll just say it, when I discovered vaping it changed my life. I noticed within a couple of days that I was coughing less and breathing better... Especially when waking up. Due to this I went a bit nuts with my mod and accessory purchasing. Had I started with volcano, I would still be smoking. Maybe their volcano and magma kits work a bit better but they weren't sold at my local store.

What I like about the Inferno:
It is pass-thru... I guess...

Why do I dislike the Inferno:
Primarily, this is a pass-thru ego device without the ego threading. The idea is that you use the tank system that ships with it. The tank really isn't very good. There are better devices out there. I purchased a tank and some boge cartos from IBtanked.com and it is a much better system.

Once you realize that the tank system from volcano sucks, you can use no other ego devices with this. It is essentially an ego style battery without the threading. You can screw on a 510 carto or some other 510 stuff but for the money you are much better off getting a standard ego kit with a stardust or kanger. In addition 2 ego twist batterys + a charger can be found for less than $50 and you'll get variable voltage. Standard ego devices can be had for less ($25 at ........ right now). If you want a tank system, there are cheaper. As a side note from a 3 pack a day smoker, 1 900mah battery can just about get you through the day.

I would recommend .........blogspot.com for deals as well. Visiting this site would have saved me hundreds when I was starting off.

Moving to mods:
The point of this post is primarily about Volcano. The lavatube v2 is my next regretted purchase, here is why.
It sucks. The only thing positive I can say about it is that it large enough to fit that 3100mah battery I purchased that would last for DAYS... if I ever used it. I was a little bit disappointed that 18650 is more of a "size range" or maybe a "type of battery" rather than a size such as AA batteries. Not all 18650 batteries are created equally in width nor length. Since my purchased my lavatube I have also purchased a vapage V-mod, provari with extension cap, zmax, and evic. Every single one gets use except the lavatube. I did say I went a bit nuts over mods and I'm probably not done. Quite frankly, the ego spinner battery I purchased at altsmoke.com out performs the lavatube by quite a bit in my opinion... even on the tank systems that come with both the lavatube v2 and inferno systems.

The only reason I'm writing this is that if you are like me and are new to vaping... learn from my mistakes. If you bought something cheap and want to move to something better and are looking for reviews... Avoid volcano. My primary mistake was that I was looking for good e-cigs and purchased the volcano ecigs based on the reviews on their site. I'm pretty sure they don't publish bad reviews. I looked on these forums for reviews and couldn't find much so I'm writing this in the hope that I can save just one person some money and frustration. I have absolutely no regrets purchasing an ego twist, ego spinner (altsmoke), evic, provari, or zmax. Everything except the provari you can find for less than their volcano equal.

Last edited:

thetawho

Feb 16, 2013
atlanta
I suppose everyone's experience is different. This is most of the stuff I keep close. I'm just saying there are much better devices for less. Their juice isn't bad though.
20130216_020514[1].jpg

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I quit smoking with the Inferno. The Tube Tank certainly isn't the most user friendly. I got switched to a Kanger that I still used on the Inferno battery with a simple adapter. I also have a Lavatube V2 with a generic ViVi Nova on top. I have no complaints whatsoever about either product. I reckon everyone has their own stories. Glad you found something that works though.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Same here never had a issue with volcano at all I own The magma with 2 manual buttons and 2 autos tho i have had 1 auto die on me tho it is getting replaced... tho I do vape a lot so i've moved to the lava tube v2 should have that by tues... But so far good people good products and even decent fluid! just my two cents on it

Hope you like the LT as much as I do.

jhiga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Honolulu
I quit smoking with the Inferno. The Tube Tank certainly isn't the most user friendly. I got switched to a Kanger that I still used on the Inferno battery with a simple adapter. I also have a Lavatube V2 with a generic ViVi Nova on top. I have no complaints whatsoever about either product. I reckon everyone has their own stories. Glad you found something that works though.

I quit smoking with it too :)
I definitely agree the tube tanks aren't exactly user friendly, there's a bit of a learning curve to them as far as keeping the fill moist enough for good vapor production, while not drying it out. Also, priming it can be a bit of a hassle at first.

ebrown8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
chicago, il
got the volcano to get off the analogs, worked for a week, left me definitely wanting more. moved into mods right away and found alot of success with mechanical mods like the bombshell stinger (with kick) and varicool vapebox mod. i use to smoke hand rolled cigs and needed alot of watts to satisfy me. 10-15 watts is keeping me happy on variable devices.

Ravi1234

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
NA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spamming for post count

DDark4eva

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Yonkers, NY
I currently have and inferno and I will agree their Tubetank isnt all that great i'm still getting used to it. I mainly use the Tankomizer setup that works best for me. I plan to try their Clearo's as well but overall its a solid device.

However, for the price they ask yea I also agree you can do MUCH better with all the options out there but I caught a sale got the kit for $50, what i believe should be the normal price point for it.

IronDog

Feb 18, 2013
Los Angeles
Welcome to the forum, I'm new to vaping too. As a motorcyclist i have a forum for all things i do or modification or suggestion.
so when it comes to vaping, i did some research and found this forum really helpful. the reason i start vaping and research is because i saw VOLCANO lavatube 2.0 in the mall and i wonder, what is compare to lavatube and hows their reviews, at the end all lead to provari.
as many people say, they try many mod before they get to provari. so i decide to bit it and just get the provari right the way in stead of waste money on others may not meet the expectation. so do a lot of research before you spend money, I'm happy i studied on the forum before i buy.....Thanks to everyone on the forum !!!!!

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I just thought I would post this here as a thread like this would have saved me a ton of money when I bought my blu ecigs and wanted to switch to something that was longer lasting and more refillable.

First, I quit smoking immediately after purchasing a blu e-cig from a local Walgreens. It worked wonderfully. What I hated about it was the batteries don't last very long but the recharging kit worked nicely. What I will say is that you'll want more.

I have a decent job so I have some disposable income. I quit smoking about 6 weeks ago. Most of the items I purchased since the blu are in use with the exception of volcano e-cigs's Inferno and Lavatube. I'll just say it, when I discovered vaping it changed my life. I noticed within a couple of days that I was coughing less and breathing better... Especially when waking up. Due to this I went a bit nuts with my mod and accessory purchasing. Had I started with volcano, I would still be smoking. Maybe their volcano and magma kits work a bit better but they weren't sold at my local store.

What I like about the Inferno:
It is pass-thru... I guess...

Why do I dislike the Inferno:
Primarily, this is a pass-thru ego device without the ego threading. The idea is that you use the tank system that ships with it. The tank really isn't very good. There are better devices out there. I purchased a tank and some boge cartos from IBtanked.com and it is a much better system.

Once you realize that the tank system from volcano sucks, you can use no other ego devices with this. It is essentially an ego style battery without the threading. You can screw on a 510 carto or some other 510 stuff but for the money you are much better off getting a standard ego kit with a stardust or kanger. In addition 2 ego twist batterys + a charger can be found for less than $50 and you'll get variable voltage. Standard ego devices can be had for less ($25 at ........ right now). If you want a tank system, there are cheaper. As a side note from a 3 pack a day smoker, 1 900mah battery can just about get you through the day.

I would recommend .........blogspot.com for deals as well. Visiting this site would have saved me hundreds when I was starting off.

Moving to mods:
The point of this post is primarily about Volcano. The lavatube v2 is my next regretted purchase, here is why.
It sucks. The only thing positive I can say about it is that it large enough to fit that 3100mah battery I purchased that would last for DAYS... if I ever used it. I was a little bit disappointed that 18650 is more of a "size range" or maybe a "type of battery" rather than a size such as AA batteries. Not all 18650 batteries are created equally in width nor length. Since my purchased my lavatube I have also purchased a vapage V-mod, provari with extension cap, zmax, and evic. Every single one gets use except the lavatube. I did say I went a bit nuts over mods and I'm probably not done. Quite frankly, the ego spinner battery I purchased at altsmoke.com out performs the lavatube by quite a bit in my opinion... even on the tank systems that come with both the lavatube v2 and inferno systems.

The only reason I'm writing this is that if you are like me and are new to vaping... learn from my mistakes. If you bought something cheap and want to move to something better and are looking for reviews... Avoid volcano. My primary mistake was that I was looking for good e-cigs and purchased the volcano ecigs based on the reviews on their site. I'm pretty sure they don't publish bad reviews. I looked on these forums for reviews and couldn't find much so I'm writing this in the hope that I can save just one person some money and frustration. I have absolutely no regrets purchasing an ego twist, ego spinner (altsmoke), evic, provari, or zmax. Everything except the provari you can find for less than their volcano equal.

My story is similar to yours; I am a noob whom bought into the volcano system but my failures have been minor at least minor enough to not go a rant as you have. I started with a lavatube v2 and bought an inferno kit as a back-up. So far (2 weeks) the inferno has been great the lavatube has been fine (not great) although I will admit the tank on the LT is problematic to say the least (I have window screens that seal better than their large tank system). I will also admit the LT f-ing huge! I mean over 5 inches long and over an inch in diameter? Come on now! Even the original LT was a lot smaller; who redesigns a new version and makes it bigger? I would also agree for the money there are better options. I originally was ready to buy the Provari (full size) but second guessed myself (fail) and while the LT with an alternate tank I would not be a bad device and the inferno is a slightly overpriced entry level option that works acceptably again I am sure there are better options.

In moving forward; I have ordered the Provari mini and the new Pro-Vex tank and will try to purchase the ZAP (did I mention this is getting expensive FAST?) I am hoping that this will be a more permanent solution. In reflection what is really sad is even with the Pv mini, Pro Vex tank, a Vaperfexion drip tip, two aw 18350's, two year warranty, and an order of 4/30ml juices from Rawr I have still spent less than I had at Volcano with all of the replacement parts, let that sink in a minute.....

Wish me well with Provari....

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
I must say that I ordered my Lavatube V2, and Volcano treated me right. Now, granted, I like their watermelon juice, I am not too keen on the "tube tank" or cartomizer that came with it. I will be upgrading that next month to an Ikenvape Carto, 510 platinum, and a cartomator tank, with some juice that I am undecided on... Now, I would avoid V2 CIGS if you are new, LIKE THE BLACK PLAGUE! Their cartos are awful, leak too often for me, and the battery life is lackluster. As far as using the "tube tank", I had no issues with it my first round. I don't like how you have to fill the carto from the top, and I had no issues priming it. I just pushed the fire button for a few seconds before my first vape, and I had good vapor production, but not awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread