Not open for further replies.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
Those have to be rewraps. Though they amusingly remind me of the rather dreadful but always entertaining movie of the same name, featuring Vin Diesel, just like VD, I wouldn't trust those batteries. There is no known brand of batteries called "XXX Extreme vaping Power" that I know of, so those are likely to be something else under the label. Lots of places will purchase cheap "seconds" from reputable vendors that have failed the manufacturing process, or they will often "up-wrap" where they take a battery with lower specs and then put a wrap in it thinking that the average new vaper won't know the difference.

That's unfortunate. To find out what they really are, you'd need to remove the wrap to find out. DON'T do that if you plan on vaping on those, though my inclination would be to return them to the Vape store before they harm your equipment or anything else. If you are dying to find out what they are, you can remove the wraps and see what is printed directly on the battery. It may surprise you, and in a bad way.

I can't advise vaping these, though maybe someone will happen along who has experience with them, but seriously, this is NOT advisable to do. I wish I could say otherwise, but I really am not liking the looks of those batteries, even if they do remind me of a youthful Vin Diesel. Sorry. Vape with them if you must, but do so knowing you are at risk, and how much is unknown. If you can wait a few days, I'd say return the batts to the vendor for a refund and get a few reputable batteries and an external charger, ASAP.

Best of luck,

Anna

Yeah I really agree with Anna (well not about the part about liking VD who like having a venereal disease? girl, you are crazy) but I would try and find something better soon I have the Joyetech Primo eVic and I use Sony VTC5 in mine and it is fairly close to the Smok mod you use, but there are plenty of batteries out there that are good but the longer vaping is around it seems like more and more people are turning to shady things to get money from new vapers I am paranoid and I try and stay away from new stuff when it comes out my thought is let someone else test it if they blow their face off then I will know not to get it and can stay nice and pretty.

CloudKidd

Oct 12, 2017
I went to their website and gave them the code I scratched off and they are genuine. I went to another forum and people from the UK use these batteries, my friend has also been using them for over 4 months now from the vape shop I got these from and he said he's had no issues.

thanks for the tips, but I am not gonna just scare away from using them if other people what have been vaping for longer than I have and using the same batteries, US/UK is different parts of the globe, so its understandable you dont use these if they are uk based sellers. I mean I keep hearing about rewraps, would a local vaping shop whats been going for 2 and half years be really selling rewraps for this long without anyone coming back to complain that the batterie exploded/leaked. I don't think they would risk that, online sites might take that risk.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I sort of feel they should be returned with a "fraud" warning to the owner of the vape store in case he did not know although if you know how to purchase re-wraps you probably know exactly what you are doing.... Also those batts seem to be disturbingly marketed to the new sub0hmer walking in that day, so I might take them back on principle.... what did you pay for them? You can use them using the ACTUAL specs, but I'm imagining they probably tacked on at least 20 bucks for those, which is overpriced.

With that said, you can admire a walking venereal disease from a distance, it's not like VD's gonna show up on my back porch and if he did, he'd probably get shot (with the pellet rifle) but I don't think that's a huge danger for either of us. :lol:. Sorry, my guy taste has disintegrated, I only watch action adventure movies with the kid and the husband, so I haven't had time to admire Joey from "Friends" of late.... :lol::lol::lol: thank God. Also, I wish someone would, ah, take care of Matthew McConehey or whatever he's called and have wished that for a long time.... Romance movies make me want to hurl, now, so there's no danger of my identifying an actual handsome actor and making him my imaginary Love Connection, LOL. I'd imagine even communicating with VD is hard, honestly, his grunts don't emit very frequently.... etc....

Not that it really happens, but for terrible action and adventure movies, well, I've seen a lot worse than Mr. triple XXX. Just, not in battery form. :D

Anna

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Hey man yeah use them if they work like I said different countries different stuff, however, I would trust Mooch's rating of them over the wrapper but that is just me. At any rate, I still would say you should pick up an external charger and a spare set of batteries that way you can always vape and not have to wait.

Anna, I agree Vin is a fairly good actor and attractive man, he just has the unfortunate initials that make one think of the Clap (damn Highschool sex ed classes)

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
I'm confused as hell with all these posts :( I will just research and purchase some batteries and external charger from a reputable seller. something happens to me I will sue them dry! :)

What are you confused about? Maybe we can help clear it up. I understand we all started with no do not use get rid of them then someone pointed out the all mighty Mooch has tested them and found them to be Okay just not as good as the wrap says. But again tell us the confusion so we can clear it up and be helpful and not make you call us all names and make you feel like we are making things worse for you.

Reactions: Tonee N

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
For charging those 1A wall warts are fine, and I'd say sooner rather than later to get an external charger. Authentic Nitecore (I have a D4) or Xtar will fix you right up.

As for batteries always look at the CDR, in this case 20A for what you need in a mod like the Alien.

Edit: changed when I saw it is rated at 20 CDR, not 40A, my bad.

I still prefer batteries from a reputable dealer from one of the big battery makers like Sony, Samsung, and LG. But if this is what's available, then keep using them.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
CloudKidd, sorry to have added confusion. Basically, your batteries ARE rewraps, but they seem to be "decent" rewraps, which simply means that they are probably one of the major battery makers, but rewrapped to "artificially" higher specs. You can use them, but with the understanding that they are not "super high" rated batteries, more middle of the road. Unless you are vaping at the highest end of your mod, I doubt you'll have major difficulties, and it's okay to use them.

With that said a) you were probably over charged and b) you may want to return them if you find you can get actual batteries that are what the label says, from a decent vendor. You could even wait until you get your batteries and charger and THEN go in, to return those batteries. Or, you can keep them, just knowing the power outputs on the wrap aren't correct. I don't think you are in DANGER with these batteries, they just aren't what they are marketed on the label. I think things will be okay, but getting genuine batteries (at least two married pairs) and an external charger will serve you well in the long run. But you are at no immediate risk, as long as you don't try to push them past their safe limit, which is lower than what the wrapper states. Mooch has tested these batteries and found them to be safe for vaping, just not what is listed on the wrapper.

Best of luck,

Anna

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Damn it guys, ease up. These are verifiable rewraps with independently tested and confirmed specifications.

@CloudKidd if you want to dive into why this is so contentious, there is plenty to read up on here, but yes, vape those batteries without worrying. You'll want to stay at or below 100W, which should be way more than enough.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Damn it guys, ease up. These are verifiable rewraps with independently tested and confirmed specifications.

@CloudKidd if you want to dive into why this is so contentious, there is plenty to read up on here, but yes, vape those batteries without worrying. You'll want to stay at or below 100W, which should be way more than enough.

We did and now we are trying to fix the confusion we caused no worries man let the tension float away with your clouds :D It's just we all from the US saw something we did not know off the top of our heads and panicked a little but we have all gotten our towels

CloudKidd

Oct 12, 2017
thanks for all the help guys, was just overwhelming for me as I just Paid £85 for the whole kit inc 5 bottles of juice 6mg and thought I was stiffed from the shop with fake batteries and mod :(

is there anyone from the UK what could point me in the right direction for batteries and charger, also what batterie size am I supposed to get for my smok alien 220, so confused right now it's unreal! :(

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

Not really, Mooch tested the 3100mah variety not the 3000mah the OP is concerned about.
I mean you can see the difference, one says 3100mah on wrap the other 3000mah.

All re wrappers can & frequently do change what cells they use beneath their wrap without any notice or change in their wraps inflated numbers.
No one can say what those cells are until those specific cells are tested.
Guessing is no way to establish what an unknown cells CDR is & suggesting someone just go ahead and use unknown re wrap cells as if they are 20a CDR isn't good advice.
What if they're 10a cdr or 6.8a cdr, sure, they might, possibly, probably, there is a chance they are decent quality 20a cdr.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
We did and now we are trying to fix the confusion we caused no worries man let the tension float away with your clouds :D It's just we all from the US saw something we did not know off the top of our heads and panicked a little but we have all gotten our towels

Beg to differ...questionable batteries are the same the world over.
Poop in the US is still Poop in the UK/EU.

Torchy the Battery Boy
VERY trusted UK seller.

Battery size: 18650 = 18mm in diameter, 65mm in length. The "0" at the end indicates a round/cylinder form factor.

I get the feeling that OP is not trying to quit smoking.. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Cheers
I

Last edited:

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com

Yeah none of those posts were there yet when I started writing it.

That said, I really do think we need to clear up some confusion about rewraps. Plenty to refer our OP to so he can decide if they're worth the expense and possible risk, but that's his choice. Not all rewraps are bad cells, the important part is being able to verify it with some reasonable degree of certainty.

I never, ever buy rewrapped cells. They cost too much, change cells without warning and grossly inflate specs almost universally. But let's get the basic stuff figured out before diving into the confusing nightmare that is vaping batteries.

On that note, you can let your device and coils do the thinking for you when it comes to getting your vape dialed in, but please do look into battery safety while you are here. Batteries are like tires on a car. They're the boring part, but they're just about the most critical part In the whole works.

[EDIT] @Topwater Elvis - good catch, my bad on that.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
thanks for all the help guys, was just overwhelming for me as I just Paid £85 for the whole kit inc 5 bottles of juice 6mg and thought I was stiffed from the shop with fake batteries and mod :(

is there anyone from the UK what could point me in the right direction for batteries and charger, also what batterie size am I supposed to get for my smok alien 220, so confused right now it's unreal! :(

Battery size is 18650 - flat top.
Analogy,
The mah is like the cells gas tank, tells you how long you can go before recharging. The amp rate / continuous discharge rate (CDR) tells you how much power / work can be done with them safely.
If you normally vape 50w - 60w per cell (your device has 2) 3000mah 18a - 20a CDR cells, normally vape 60w - 75w per cell 25a CDR cells.

Torchy the battery boy
akkuteile.de
Ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk
nkon.nl

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas

it is all good I felt that way when I got my mod so if I were you I would go with 18650 Sony VTC5A those are the ones I use and make sure you get the VTC5A there is a VTC5 they are the lower amp, however, my second choice 18650 Samsung 25R5

again I have the Joyetech eVic Primo 2.0 which is from what I have read is real close to your Smok Alien and quite honest if it where not for the eVic coming with an Aries tank then I would have the Smok

I do hope we are helping now that the panic has calmed down.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread