Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
thanks for all the help guys, was just overwhelming for me as I just Paid £85 for the whole kit inc 5 bottles of juice 6mg and thought I was stiffed from the shop with fake batteries and mod :(

is there anyone from the UK what could point me in the right direction for batteries and charger, also what batterie size am I supposed to get for my smok alien 220, so confused right now it's unreal! :(

Can't help you with info on the UK but I bet this user can @djsvapour . Knowledgable, from the UK and willing to help, give the user some time to respond.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Oh yeah just to make sure you do know to marry your batteries when you have multisets right? If not it means to keep them in pairs vape them and charge them in the sets. And if you want to have a little fun you can even put one in a wedding gown made of tissues :D just remember throwing rice is bad for birds.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Buy name brand cells from reputable vendors, that is all you can do, must be reputable / recommended vendor/dealer.

Yes, some unscrupulous vendors / dealers / including some vape shops sell fake/counterfeited name brand cells, that is why where you buy is important.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
you all say rewraps, but can't Samsung, LG be rewraps as well, is it easy to know if they are rewraps, what should I be looking out for?.

Rewrap = any battery not labelled from the manufacture.
Sony/Samsung/Sanyo/LG are the only companies making batteries suitable for our purposes.
Know what is under the wrap, no reason to guess.
And yes, snide clobber exists in the vaping world.
PLEASE buy from a reputable vendor.

Cheers
I

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
you all say rewraps, but can't Samsung, LG be rewraps as well, is it easy to know if they are rewraps, what should I be looking out for?.

well it looks like a list of reputable vendors in the UK has been given to you I hope you have found the help you have been looking for and now you have the world of DIY juice, RDA, RTA to look fwd to, once you get the vape bug you end up going all the way until you are sitting on a stockpile of everything you look around and think wow I have a lot of crap, better not get anymore oh look a new shiny must have...

Reactions: stols001

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Those batteries should work just fine. They came from a vape store. And even if they are re-wrapped, they (the vape shop) would get hell for selling unqualified batteries for sub ohm vaping.
The worst with a qualifying, crappy re-wrapped battery is, it won't work long or put the full power you'll expect from the Alien
The charging system in the Smok Alien 220 will charge them at a slower rate because of its design.
Using a PC USB will work, but at the slowest rate. (.5 amp)
The wall plug - USB you use for your Samsung might be faster. (Maybe 1. or 1.5 amp)
The 1.5 amp is considered a quick charging wall plug - USB
DO NOT UNWRAP THE BATTERIES !!!!!

Last edited:

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Last edited:

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
In the early 19 hundreds they laughed at the thought of landing on the moon,,,,,,,
Some day they will have a nuclear powered battery for vaping........
( It will last, ohhhhh 8 maybe 10 ,,,,,,,,,,,,YEARS before needing refueling......)
And of course NU-KU ( North Korea ) will not be allowed to have them....

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm confused as hell with all these posts :( I will just research and purchase some batteries and external charger from a reputable seller. something happens to me I will sue them dry! :)
Welcome and glad you joined.
I have provided a little more information which might help choosing/evaluating batteries.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/e-cig-charging-safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety
Guide to Choosing a Battery Charger | E-Cigarette Forum

• Informative

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I'm confused as hell with all these posts :( I will just research and purchase some batteries and external charger from a reputable seller. something happens to me I will sue them dry! :)
Don't be confused. Don't be unsettled.
The Alien 220 is a protected of. Meaning if there was a problem, it would most likely shut down.
hen in doubt,,,,, the mod would get a bit hot when firing up.
It's the ..... who would continue to fire it up after its already hot!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread