Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I read that the ceramic ones leave a residue that can cause cancer when they are heated up... Anyone knows anything about this?

Never heard of that, honestly. My son loves the ceramic coils on his wismec reaux tank.. they have great flavor and you can still vape them around 50 - 60 watts..

I think if it's untreated ceramic your using there is a lot of danger, but most factory ceramic coils are just fine, and have been treated for vaping, specifically.

I have been trying ceramic wicking lately, I really enjoy it.

As a whole, vaping hasn't been around long enough for anyone to say ceramic coils are either good or bad..

Reactions: Cf11

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
That's not a river you need to jump into blind.. people mess up when they don't know ohms law, their battery, and build too low..

There is much to learn before going down that river, and they make wonderful regulated mods that are so good you don't really need something unregulated.. (regulated generally has some wonderful safety features and mech = unregulated) although none of the regulated mods absolves you from having to learn ohms law, the limits of your battery and what coils can do what..

I learned it just so I would know it.. it's real good to know.
I agree :p
I am an engineer so naturally i know a lot about electronics including ohm's law.
And i understand how the battery can have a short or a runaway and explode with just a minor miscalculation and that's exactly what makes me scared.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
"although none of the regulated mods absolves you from having to learn ohms law, the limits of your battery and what coils can do what.."

Exactly! The car low fuel light might not come on right before you run out of gas! Regulated is a luxury. I learned to shoot a rifle with just sights before I used a scope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Never heard of that, honestly. My son loves the ceramic coils on his wismec reaux tank.. they have great flavor and you can still vape them around 50 - 60 watts..

I think if it's untreated ceramic your using there is a lot of danger, but most factory ceramic coils are just fine, and have been treated for vaping, specifically.

As a whole, vaping hasn't been around long enough for anyone to say ceramic coils are either good or bad..
Check this out. https://aspenvalleyvapes.com/ceramic-coils-vaping-dangers/

Reactions: Opinionated

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017

Check this out. https://aspenvalleyvapes.com/ceramic-coils-vaping-dangers/

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I am an engineer so naturally i know a lot about electronics including ohm's law.
And i understand how the battery can have a short or a runaway and explode with just a minor miscalculation and that's exactly what makes me scared.

Use an ohms calculator.. they can help you some.. http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms-law-calculator

Also, get your batteries from a reputable place like https://liionwholesale.com (I get my batteries here, never had a problem one)

Learn what batteries are best. Mooches blog here on ecf is awesome.. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/mooch.256958/ and learn also which batteries are best in which application..

You will get there, it might be a year before you feel comfortable, or more or less.. jump in when you are confident in your knowledge.. not before.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017

Check this out.
https://aspenvalleyvapes.com/ceramic-coils-vaping-dangers/

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Use an ohms calculator.. they can help you some.. http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms-law-calculator

Also, get your batteries from a reputable place like https://liionwholesale.com (I get my batteries here, never had a problem one)

Learn what batteries are best. Mooches blog here on ecf is awesome.. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/mooch.256958/ and learn also which batteries are best in which application..

You will get there, it might be a year before you feel comfortable, or more or less.. jump in when you are confident in your knowledge.. not before.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017

I dont know if i can post links on this forum, it's not letting me. But i read an article about the serious danger of ceramic coils. There's an article on a website called aspenvalleyvapes amd they explain how experiments were conducted on those coils and how they can kill you.
I recommend you to check that out.
They could be wrong and if so ...please ignore. :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I dont know if i can post links on this forum, it's not letting me. But i read an article about the serious danger of ceramic coils. There's an article on a website called aspenvalleyvapes amd they explain how experiments were conducted on those coils and how they can kill you.

There are some links you cannot link to.. usually if something is not reputable or the like, other similar discussion forums ..

Thing is, vaping is in its infancy.. there has not been the time it would take to say one thing or another causes cancer - or doesn't. That takes years and years of research, time that vaping hasn't had.

So no, that is simply not something I'm putting any stock in .. things "like this causes cancer" research like that is 20 - 30 years of something being on the market before cancer can even be linked to any product..

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
A Car is a bomb given the right circumstances. My grandmother(95 years strong) grew up eating fresh rabbit cooked in a cast iron skillet with lard! She is healthier than anyone I know. Now a days we have no idea what we're eating or drinking. 1 year coffee is bad for you, the next year it will cure cancer.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
There are some links you cannot link to.. usually if something is not reputable or the like, other similar discussion forums ..

Thing is, vaping is in its infancy.. there has not been the time it would take to say one thing or another causes cancer - or doesn't. That takes years and years of research, time that vaping hasn't had.

So no, that is simply not something I'm putting any stock in .. things "like this causes cancer" research like that is 20 - 30 years of something being on the market before cancer can even be linked to any product..

Well you can understand why newbies like me would get concerned when we read something like that. Just wanted to help you out. Didn't mean any offense. :)

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
A Car is a bomb given the right circumstances. My grandmother(95 years strong) grew up eating fresh rabbit cooked in a cast iron skillet with lard! She is healthier than anyone I know. Now a days we have no idea what we're eating or drinking. 1 year coffee is bad for you, the next year it will cure cancer.

Good point well made. :thumbs:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
There is something you need to consider with vaping.. we know from personal experience that it's better than smoking cigarettes.. I feel a million times better now that I have quit smoking.

I was dead, my quality of life in the toilet, and vaping was the only way out for me.. since I started vaping my pain level is down (long story but for me it effects my pain level) and I can breathe again.

I have a much better quality of life.. and after vaping about three years, I know I can walk away from vaping if I want (I recently quit vaping for a few months - and will perhaps soon do it again.. )

When we compare the two, smoking or vaping, vaping wins hands down in the lesser harm category. My doctors are wholly supportive of me vaping.

But compared to not smoking or vaping.. it's much better to do neither. We dont know everything about vaping yet, all we know is this is better than smoking.

My daughter died at the age of 23 from cancer and wasn't a smoker. My dad died at the age of 42 from cancer and was healthy prior to that.. cancer is a funny thing, and all of our lives will end in death.

The key, is quality of life prior to our death, and if vaping is your way toward a better quality of life, then vape. But don't think there will never be found a harm in it, because in time we probably will find all that it does..

If something your vaping doesn't feel good to you, don't do it. That's what it's all about. Getting away from the smokes and having a better quality of life.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
There is something you need to consider with vaping.. we know from personal experience that it's better than smoking cigarettes.. I feel a million times better now that I have quit smoking.

I was dead, my quality of life in the toilet, and vaping was the only way out for me.. since I started vaping my pain level is down (long story but for me it effects my pain level) and I can breathe again.

I have a much better quality of life.. and after vaping about three years, I know I can walk away from vaping if I want (I recently quit vaping for a few months - and will perhaps soon do it again.. )

When we compare the two, smoking or vaping, vaping wins hands down in the lesser harm category. My doctors are wholly supportive of me vaping.

But compared to not smoking or vaping.. it's much better to do neither. We dont know everything about vaping yet, all we know is this is better than smoking.

My daughter died at the age of 23 from cancer and wasn't a smoker. My dad died at the age of 42 from cancer and was healthy prior to that.. cancer is a funny thing, and all of our lives will end in death.

The key, is quality of life prior to our death, and if vaping is your way toward a better quality of life, then vape. But don't think there will never be found a harm in it, because in time we probably will find all that it does..

If something your vaping doesn't feel good to you, don't do it. That's what it's all about. Getting away from the smokes and having a better quality of life.
I'm so sorry to hear that about your daughter and father.:cry:

Congrats on having quit smoking buddy.
I know what you mean when you say you can breathe better. I feel it too in just a month of vaping.
It's important to live life and have fun as much as you can before the devil comes.
Cheers to life!:thumbs:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm so sorry to hear that about your daughter and father.:cry:

Congrats on having quit smoking buddy.
I know what you mean when you say you can breathe better. I feel it too in just a month of vaping.
It's important to live life and have fun as much as you can before the devil comes.
Cheers to life!:thumbs:

It's just a part of life - and I thank you for the condolences. I was privileged to have known them.. :)

Cheers to life! :D live a good one and find some pleasure in your own corner of the world.. make a mark that is good if you can!

It's what it's all about!

Congratulations on quitting smoking, and welcome to ecf! :)

Reactions: Cf11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread