New to vaping, feeling dizzy and lightheaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Could still be the combination. Not getting the amount of nasties the body is use to, and too much nicotine. It is all very similar to when I switched over four and a half years ago. It took me a month to transition fully (and I wasn't trying to..) . But everyone is different.

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
Still feeling ill.

Gonna buy a 0,3 mg and try again.. I think.
Iam not vaping to lungs, just like a normal cigarett, to mouth then inhale ..

So i should jump 100% straight to jucie? not anny cigarett.. that seems tough as h***
There is never a magic wand for giving up the ciggies. If you are inhaling in the same way as you would with a cigarette then is mouth to lung... It can be tough at times. Some of the less strong of us took a few goes. I think what people are saying is that if you are also smoking cigarettes and vaping that may well explain the nicotine overload. Going to vaping IS worth it no question. The best things in life often don't come easy to everyone. They are worth the effort.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
@ supplyDaddy: i've smoked regular cigarettes only so far today.
I don't plan to move 100% straight away (but every other cigarette i choose vaping instead ) And then scale down so my body /brain get use too it.

yesterday i startet vaping from 1600- 2400 (midnight)

The bolded part of your statement struck a chord with me. When I started vaping, I didn't alternate, but I vaped like I smoked. Pick up the vape and hit it 10 - 15 times in about 6 minutes, then put it down for an hour or so. For me (vaping is/can be different for each of us), that was just too much. So I converted from taking those 15 hits in 5 minutes to spreading them out over an hour or so. I soon found that I didn't even need that many hits during that hour and ended up taking far fewer resulting in taking less pulls on my vape in an average day then total pulls on the smokes.

Understandably, one's life style can come into play, but if you can, try spreading those puffs out. 2 or 3 hits of a vape can be as satisfying as 10 - 15 pulls on a cig.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Still feeling ill.

So i should jump 100% straight to jucie? not anny cigarett.. that seems tough as h***
The ecig is meant to replace the cigarette, not compliment it. And vaping is not smoking.

It is a different type of delivery of nicotine to our systems. I can see where for some people, doing both would cause problems. But this is something you have to want to do. It almost sounds as if you are not ready to give up the cigarettes. Its ok if you aren't, but the only real way for the ecig to work is that you have to really want it to. Sounds to me like your body just isn't accepting both.

I would still see a dr if your still feeling ill. And would stop using both until I did.

Torkild

Apr 24, 2017
So then.. i am not feeling that bad now. (still a bit off, but not by much)
I went back to the store and explained what happend. They think it was strange and "had not heard of that with such weak nicotin percentage. "

One of the guys recomended me trying out a VG dominant base, but that just felt awfull to say the least. like something thick was growing in the back of my throat. *blargh*
The other dude think i inhale too strongly (get to much in) and wanted me to mix out the 6mg with a 0mg nicotine so that i ended up on 3mg.

Since the PG hits the throat a bit more and doesn't feel as thick.

I have decided not to smoke more today and only try vaping.. Then we will see.
Thnx for ur patince and not to sound rude, but yes i want to quit. But i cant be a hazzard to be around either :p i need to drive safely to work and perform when at work.

And i cant smoke things that are candy'ish or taste like a rotten garbage mixed with burning plastic ( tobacco tast-a like) at least not yet. :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Just want to add that although I haven't owned your device, I do know that it does have a .6 ohm coil and pushes out around 25 watts on a fresh battery which seems ok and there are a ton of great reviews on that device, so it just may be a matter of getting use to said device or perhaps juice pg/vg percentages or nic levels. That being said there are so many different devices out there , so if perhaps this particular one doesn't do it for you, don't go back to smoking again but try out a different vape product. There is another spectrum you might adapt to better, like maybe instead of a .6 sub ohm coil, a 1.8 standard mtl coil. One such tank that uses a 1.8 ohm coil is the nautilus tanks and they are perhaps one of the most successful mtl devices ever. Maybe with a higher resistance coil , it changes the whole nicotine absorption thing for you allowing you to vape a higher nic level with a more pronounced TH. Obviously you can't tell how a particular tank agrees with a certain person, so trial and error is key. All I'm worried about is starting with such a low nic level, at 3mg , once you try to totally not smoke and devote everything to vaping, it just might not be enough. Anyways good luck and just know that alot of us had to try various combinations and different tanks find what worked the best for us, so stick in there my friend

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It could be you have an intolerance to PG. I didn't see what your PG/VG ratio is for your juice. Many peeps have a problem with PG. Maybe try 100% VG and see how it goes.

The poster is at 50/50 and I was wondering the same thing.. the entire problem might be solved by finding out if there is a pg allergy.

Torkild

Apr 24, 2017
Mine is 50% PG/VG and I've tried a 70%VG/PG and that was horrible..
Felt like smoking som sweet sticky cotton in the back of my throat.

I hope I get through the try and fail phase then.. :p

I still got dizzy this evening and that's on 0,3 mg but not to same extent that i did yesterday.. but now i want to smoke all the time (feel a warm sensation inside that just yells CIG! )

bklynt

Jan 15, 2017
Still feeling ill.

Could be the 50/50 juice maybe try 70/30 and 1.5mg nicotine until you get more used to the delivery of nicotine by ecig and then bring it up to 3mg if you feel you need more. Also if your still feeling really bad don't vape for now and go see a doctor

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No...just no

Torkild

Apr 24, 2017
Could be the 50/50 juice maybe try 70/30 and 1.5mg nicotine until you get more used to the delivery of nicotine by ecig and then bring it up to 3mg if you feel you need more. Also if your still feeling really bad don't vape for now and go see a doctor

70% PG u mean?
LOL, I see i mixed it up. 0,3mg nic is my current level. I was on 0,6mg.

Torkild

Apr 24, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Clean up

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No...just no

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi all.

I've been smoking over for over 23 years now.
I smoke a package of medium cigarets each day (Pall Mall blue 0,6mg nicotin )
Just tryed vaping yesterday and was recomended that I start out with a ejucie with 0.6 mg of nicotin. The vaping device is a ego aio. 0,6 ohm coil.
After a few hours i start feeling ill. Lightheaded and dizzy. I never got that feeling from normal cigaretts. I didn't smoke more then usual. 10 puff once a hour.
I google the symptoms at once, and it looks like a nicotine overdose/poisoning
Today (12 hours after ) i still feel ill, and some what distance from reality?
So I hope getting some good advice here. Should I reduce my nicotine strength? (is'nt 0.6mg realy low? )

Welcome and glad you joined. 3mg/ml. should help.
Might like to pay particular attention to V4. Headache, racing pulse, inability to sleep/ Nicotine delivery efficiency/3. Headache, Nausea, Shakiness.
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Torkild

Apr 24, 2017
thnx for the write up :)
Today i've tried the 0.3mg 50% VG/PG AND didn't get half as dizzy as the day before.
But the urge for a cigarette was almost breaking me.. When i came home i switch to a 70% VG/PG juice (manage to find one that was somewhat bearable) And uping the nicotine strenght back to 0.6 mg. For now that takes away 90% of the URGE for a smoke :)

But i got no throat hit and i keep getting e-jucie in my mouth :(
I open my ego AIO so that i get more air in, but still i somewhat (even doh i dont pull hard) manage to get the juice up into the mouthpiece and in my mouth.. Must be the biggest noob in this evva :p

If i pull anny weaker, i got almost no smoke and the ego is just "gurgling"

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Still feeling ill.

Try the 3mg and maybe a different juice. It's fine to taper off cigs as you find a vape you like. Take your time you don't have to go cold turkey if you don't want to.

batteredwombat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
Part of that "feeling off" is that you're not taking in all the other nasty stuff you are use to from cigarettes.
The nicotine is helping to keep off the cravings, but your body is use to what the burning cigarette gives you. Basically, your body is having withdraw symptoms. It can mess you up a bit for a about a week or so, you may get headaches, sweats, etc..
Drink plenty of fluids, keep on vaping, don't pick up a cigarette and you'll get through it fine!
^ this. I didnt feel right for 3 weeks after quitting cigs.

Mulloth

Apr 26, 2017
Hi Torkild I had the same problems when I first started vaping. I almost gave it up.Then I found somewhere on this forum that a lot of people have bad reactions to P.G in their juice. I started making my own juice and run about 90% V.G. you can also buy already made V.G. juices all over the place.Give it a shot and Good Luck.
Sorry Torkild I missed the post were you said you tried the V.G.

Last edited:

Alaria13

Jan 23, 2017
Hi all.

I've been smoking over for over 23 years now.
I smoke a package of medium cigarets each day (Pall Mall blue 0,6mg nicotin )

Just tryed vaping yesterday and was recomended that I start out with a ejucie with 0.6 mg of nicotin. The vaping device is a ego aio. 0,6 ohm coil.

After a few hours i start feeling ill. Lightheaded and dizzy. I never got that feeling from normal cigaretts. I didn't smoke more then usual. 10 puff once a hour.
I google the symptoms at once, and it looks like a nicotine overdose/poisoning

Today (12 hours after ) i still feel ill, and some what distance from reality?

So I hope getting some good advice here. Should I reduce my nicotine strength? (is'nt 0.6mg realy low? )
0.6 nic is a fairly average level. I bounce between 6 and 12 mostly depending on my stress level. The only time I've had that lightheaded and dizzy problem was usually when I was vaping too often at too high of a nic and it was followed with a bad headache. You said you're vaping approximately the same you were smoking, maybe it's the pg/vg levels? Have you tried using a different juice? That might help

Torkild

Apr 24, 2017
This is hard and almost unbearable! Iam realy sad now and just a second away from pulling up the normal cigarettes again... This last weeks have been really bad. I'm still getting dizzy, extremely sleepy/tired :cry:
Unfocused, angry.. It's affecting my performance at work and at home.

I've tried at high VG (70/30) was the highest i could fine. Went with 0.3 mg.
Trying to drink much and not "vape" much.

Last shoot to morrow after wasting over 200$ in liquids (e-jucie) from different vendors.
Iam not gonning to vape at all..

This feels not safe at all.

Reactions: David Wolf

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
First, mood swings are not uncommon when quitting tobacco. Second, I would guess that the hot juice getting in your mouth is causing the other issues. Either go with higher wattage or, don't pull so hard on the vaping as you did with cigarettes.

Another issues is detoxing form tobacco and, increased dehydration from vaping. Your body needs water to help flush tobacco toxins and, water to counter vaping dehydration. For the first month or so, that means basically sipping water or clear beverages all day long, non stop. Later an hour or two without a drink won't hurt you, but yo still have to counter the dehydration vaping causes - even if you don't feel thirsty. 2 to 3 liters of water per day, even if you don't want it.

Reactions: Tonee N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread