Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Seems to be a lot cheaper doing your own. I will master the whole vapor process first and then maybe look into rebuilding. Don't want my mind going into overload! Lol :)

There are several tanks now that have both replaceable coil heads and rebuildable coil heads; the subtank does; it was one of the first.
the smok tfv4 also has
the joyetech delta also

I'm pretty sure I read that aspire was putting out rba heads for it's atlantis;

I've seen a tank called the morph which comes with different parts labelled for subtank, atlantis, and delta, so you can use whichever coil head you want in it.

Amelie

Dec 14, 2015
Yes. The recommended ranges are just suggested by Kanger as guidelines. They have nothing to do with safety. If I was running e-liquid/juice with higher VG (I am using 50% VG) I would probably not be able to run that high due to "dry hits".

Here's one for you: Kanger Subox Mini Kit - Tank & Battery

Yes. You can always run a high amp cell (i.e. battery).

A little more about manufacturers. There are only a few battery manufacturers in the world who make their own "cells", including LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sanyo, and Sony.

All the other brands on the market buy the second and third tier cells from those manufacturers and re-wrap them under their own brand. These are "second and/or third tier cells" which did not meet the higher standards of the original manufacturer. So, in order to compete with the original manufacturers' batteries (first tier), these other companies feel obligated to publish specifications which are inflated to make them appear superior to those of the original manufacturer.

* (AW is Andrew Wan, a former Panasonic employee who branched out to create his own "brand" of batteries. He allegedly has agreements with the major cell manufacturers to purchase first tier batteries from them. Not all batteries are created equal, so AW tests these batteries for quality. The best get chosen to be AW brand, and are re-wrapped as AW.) AW is a well respected re-wrap reseller.

Efest, MOJO, AWT, Basen, Eizfan, IMRen, Sub-ohm Cell, Vamped, Vappower are all re-wrap resellers that are buying these "second and/or third tier cells" (sometime referred to as "B & C bin discards"). They print the "pulse discharge rating" on the label and pass it off as their CDR (continuous discharge rating). They often charge double what the authentic is worth. Unless you know what you are getting, stay away from these brands as you never know what is under the wrapper.

If you are interested in learning more about batteries check out some of the blogs by two of ECF's battery/safety experts, Baditude and Mooch.

Here are links to some of @Mooch's blogs:
And a couple from @Baditude
  • Battery Basics for Mods - The Ultimate Battery Guide
    Another essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
  • Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised
    A cautionary blog that reveals that the purple Efest batteries may not have the specifications advertised. Also includes a commentary on "continuous discharge ratings" vs "pulse discharge ratings" of battery specs.
BATTERIES - WHERE TO BUY

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.
Hi Susan~S,thanks for the information.but i just wonder if IMREN is a re-wraped brand batteries ? So which brand battery are they acctually wrapped with? i have 2 of their 40a batteries,and they works great. i just wonder that,could you tell me more about that?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hi Susan~S,thanks for the information.but i just wonder if IMREN is a re-wraped brand batteries ? So which brand battery are they acctually wrapped with? i have 2 of their 40a batteries,and they works great. i just wonder that,could you tell me more about that?
As far as I know IMREN is a re-wrap. @Mooch has bench tested 4 of the IMREN cells. See the results of the 4 he tested here.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

The 40A 3000mAh Imren looks almost identical to the LG HG2 but performs at a lower level and runs several degrees-C hotter. There are some differences in the tooling marks on the can though, that may mean they're different cells...or it may not. No way to know.

I rated the Imren at 17A/3000mAh.

Last edited:

Amelie

Dec 14, 2015
    The 40A 3000mAh Imren looks almost identical to the LG HG2 but performs at a lower level and runs several degrees-C hotter. There are some differences in the tooling marks on the can though, that may mean they're different cells...or it may not. No way to know.

I rated the Imren at 17A/3000mAh.
    okay,thanks for the answer and help. I have seen the Mooch test,their batteries seem not well:(,but acctually when i used their imren 3000MAH 40A,they perform very well and could last long time than my lg.wonder why could be that difference with the performance and the statistics? I'm very happy with IMREN batteries,but the statistic makes me said,i just wonder what's wrong?

Amelie

Dec 14, 2015
    As far as I know IMREN is a re-wrap. @Mooch has bench tested 4 of the IMREN cells. See the results of the 4 he tested here.
    hi,thanks for the help. I have seen Mooch test,it just made me sad. how could that only 17A,they claims 40a! But strange is that i used their batteries,thery perform very well than my LG.If they re-wrap the LG hg2,why they seems different performance?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    hi,thanks for the help. I have seen Mooch test,it just made me sad. how could that only 17A,they claims 40a! But strange is that i used their batteries,thery perform very well than my LG.If they re-wrap the LG hg2,why they seems different performance?

The 17A number is a rating. Being able to be discharged at 40A is a capability. There's a big difference between the two.

Almost any 15A, or higher, battery can be pulsed at 40A. It's the rating that can help you figure which battery performs the best at 40A. It helps you know which runs the coolest and has the highest voltage at 40A.

The Imren has about the same capacity as the HG2 but it gets hotter and its voltage is lower. If you have a regulated mod then the Imren and the HG2 might seem to perform about the same. You probably aren't comparing the temperatures of the two batteries while you're using them.

There are different "grades" of batteries. When they make HG2's and test each battery the best performing ones are saved by LG for selling to their customers. The HG2's that do not perform as well in testing are sold at a lower price to companies that put their own wrap on the battery and sell them. So you can have two batteries that look exactly like HG2's but one doesn't perform as well as the other.

Amelie

Dec 14, 2015
    The 17A number is a rating. Being able to be discharged at 40A is a capability. There's a big difference between the two.

Almost any 15A, or higher, battery can be pulsed at 40A. It's the rating that can help you figure which battery performs the best at 40A. It helps you know which runs the coolest and has the highest voltage at 40A.

The Imren has about the same capacity as the HG2 but it gets hotter and its voltage is lower. If you have a regulated mod then the Imren and the HG2 might seem to perform about the same. You probably aren't comparing the temperatures of the two batteries while you're using them.

There are different "grades" of batteries. When they make HG2's and test each battery the best performing ones are saved by LG for selling to their customers. The HG2's that do not perform as well in testing are sold at a lower price to companies that put their own wrap on the battery and sell them. So you can have two batteries that look exactly like HG2's but one doesn't perform as well as the other.

ok,thanks for the information. To be honestly, i m not care much for the test data,if the battery is safe and performance great for me,that is ok. Acctually i have used MXJO before,their battery is great,and when i found IMREN,it's performance better little than them,so i choosed IMREN. But for now,it's test result no good. i will still with IMREN for now,at the same time,i would care for any other great batteries:. Any way,thank you so much.

Reactions: Mooch

Amelie

Dec 14, 2015

ok,thanks for the information. To be honestly, i m not care much for the test data,if the battery is safe and performance great for me,that is ok. Acctually i have used MXJO before,their battery is great,and when i found IMREN,it's performance better little than them,so i choosed IMREN. But for now,it's test result no good. i will still with IMREN for now,at the same time,i would care for any other great batteries:. Any way,thank you so much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread