Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
@daleron thanks for the warm welcome. I do feel like home already.. Very helpful forum. :)

@suprtrkr sounds like am excellent idea. Future proofing. So the iPv 3 or iPv 4 should not be considered at this moment?
I wouldn't say you shouldn't consider them. If that's what you really want, you should get it. But I don't think you have enough experience yet to know what you want. I recommend the iStick/Subtank combo precisely because it gives you wide latitude to figure that out before blowing wads of cash on gear you might not find suitable to your eventual vaping style. Who knows? You might be a Steamthrower wanting a 300 watt mod and a quad-coil dripper. Or maybe a Tootle Puffer, quite happy with the vape your getting at 9 watts on 1.2 ohms in a RTA. Or somewhere I the modwomping middle. I suggest you figure that out first. Put in the +ohm coil and vape it at low power. Then put in the subohm coil and crank up the juice. Run the power up and down, see how this affects the taste of your juice and size of your vape. Then you will know.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Jay An. Glad to have you here!:)
Budget wise is lesser of a concern as compared to availability as vaping is a thing to be frown upon by both public and the authorities from where I am
By any chance, are you from SG? If not, where do you live?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
@Susan~S thanks for the welcoming. I'm from where you've suspected
Lots of new members lately from your country.

Check out this forum: SG Vapers. Make sure you read all the "stickies" as there are special rules you must follow when posting due to the sensitivity of vaping in SG. You won't be able to ask where to buy hardware/juice in SG as your government monitors/reads ECF forum posts. It's all explained in one of the "Newbe Q&A" stickies.

Regarding purchasing across the causeway <= link

See what mods/setup people are posting about in SG Vapors. I've heard a couple of people have been able to find the Kanger Mini Subtank Kit across the causeway.

Also check out Richard NG who does reviews on Malaysian juice (mods/tanks/drippers as well). In his reviews he often lets his viewers know where the product can be purchased.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Thanks for the warm welcome.. I am looking for more vapor I guess.
Currently, I am doing 20 analogs per day but the liquid I've managed to grab hold is at 12mg if I am correct..

I did up some read up on the battery.. ohms vs ampere and etc.. Still trying to understand..

What about the mod sets that are already available of the shelves?

what I have recommended for several of my friends who were pack a day or more smokers is the kanger subox kit - comes with mod and tank - you will need to get at least an 18650 battery (suggest the sony vtc4 - preferably a pair and a decent external charger - can get a pair of those batts and a nitecore d2 charger from illumn.com for about $30 shipped... can get the kit from sweet-vapes.com for about $60, plus shipping (make sure to use coupon code SV25 to bring subox price down)... I would suggest using the 1.5ohm coil for starters (and if you order from sweet-vapes, order at least 1 5-pack of extra coils, their coil pricing is about the lowest I have seen on these)... all you need then is a juice you like... versatile kit, very user friendly, can be charged via usb in a pinch...

This is a good deal a segelie 75 watt with variable wattage and temp contol as well as a temp contol tank, 2 coils a battery , case and storage bag it is $89 and everything to start minus juice and charger but it can be charged using an external charger or standard android charger my concern is it might be a bit advanced for a newbie

Sigelei 75w Temperature Control Kit - WakeandVape.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread